over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

F*** The Arnold Classic

any pics of compton's "greg kovaks" gut???

seems fine/normal to me???

they should have given 1st/2nd to cedric or compton

BB comps are boring as all fuck its always the same guys winning coming 2nd rather than the best guys

ps unfortunately evan did not look special at all a shame as i like his vids/persona

Dexter was at a booth at the expo today, besides that I didn't see any other pros from last night...really would have liked to see Cedric walking around, with his height I just think the 'wow' factor is amplified. I've almost grown used to seeing short, extremely huge BBers, seeing a tall guy who manages to bring that size is really astounding. Every picture I've seen makes me wonder why he didn't place higher.

Speaking of height, Is branch 5'4 or somthing? Dexter is around 5'6 and it looks like he's got a solid 2 inches on him.

LMAO!!!

Tough crowd, but honestly I agree with you 100% about Branch, guys... what an unaesthetic, unsightly physique... not even Top 10 had I been a judge. :eek:

Now, sluggy, I can see you don't seem to appreciate Dexter as a human being :cool:, but frankly, from all those comparison pics you posted (thank you for that), he's to me the clear winner of this year Arnold on almost all poses, asides maybe from back double bi where Cedric owned him, and rear lat spread whose Justin's won IMO.

All in all I thought it was a REALLY POOR show in terms of quality physiques (look at the other thread where a vid of the 1996 edition was posted), but since you have to judge with what's in front of you, here's what my top 6 would have looked:

1/ Dex
2/ Cedric
3/ Justin
4/ Roelly
5/ Brandon Curry
6/ Evan

I don't know who you are, but I like you.

:D

LMAO!!!

Tough crowd, but honestly I agree with you 100% about Branch, guys... what an unaesthetic, unsightly physique... not even Top 10 had I been a judge. :eek:

Now, sluggy, I can see you don't seem to appreciate Dexter as a human being :cool:, but frankly, from all those comparison pics you posted (thank you for that), he's to me the clear winner of this year Arnold on almost all poses, asides maybe from back double bi where Cedric owned him, and rear lat spread whose Justin's won IMO.

All in all I thought it was a REALLY POOR show in terms of quality physiques (look at the other thread where a vid of the 1996 edition was posted), but since you have to judge with what's in front of you, here's what my top 6 would have looked:

1/ Dex
2/ Cedric
3/ Justin
4/ Roelly
5/ Brandon Curry
6/ Evan
:yeahthat:

I'm not even a big fan of Dexter to be honest, but it was his show to win.

The only placing that doesn't sit well with me was Cedric's 4th place. Compton is great but through my eyes Cedric edged him out just a little probably would of gave Cedric 2nd or 3rd and had Compton right behind. As for Branch Warren it wasn't so much about how he looked individually but how he looked in the line up. His legs truly pulled him through and kept him in contention pose by pose. I mean side chest you would think Justin would blow him out the water but there's Branch's grainy separated legs from the side and the conditioning through the lower body won him some poses. He does get smoked from the back by just about everyone in the 1st call out but again you look down and see these huge shredded hams etc and he stays a float. I don't personally agree with the Placings but I honestly don't believe Branch in 2nd place was as much of a miscall as some think it to be. All that aside Dexter looked phenomenal, he appeared bigger and more dense in certain areas ( I really notice his back looking improved especially through the lower later area) He came off of an amazing showing last Olympia where his conditioning had a new kind of hard grainy look to it and condition was never a problem area for Dexter. He deserves far more respect from a lot of guys who analyzed the show first person who comes to mind is Dave Palumbo.

Lol at all the people bitching/hating on Branch. I saw him at the very least in 3rd behind Big Ced. Cedric looked the way bodybuilding should be but it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

Yall acted like ya'll lost money on this show or something geez!! It's just bodybuilding :rolleyes:

Pictures in bodybuilding never tell the true story in those pictures branch has the win I mean hes bigger and drier then dex in every shot besides the side chest. But in the stream its easy to see that dex beats branch.

I laugh every time I talk with farah and ask him about his athletes, branch knows he isn't the prettiest physique on that stage, but he knows he can outwork everyone else, suffer more than anyone else, and him and farah not fuck up anything the last 48 hours and he know he will beat a lot of people cause they 1. won't work harder than him, 2. wont suffer more than him, 3. them and their prep coach will do something stupid at the end just to try and look .01% better and fuck everything up. branch couldn't beat dexter cause 1. dexter is genetically superior to him and can get lean without having to supersuffer like branch and anyone else and 2. he also has farah and trust he wont fuck everything up the last 48 hours, so branch had no chance in hell against dexter but he knew he could edge out anyone else.

I do agree that cedric on shape and size alone should have placed better than branch, but fuck all cedric has to do is bring the conditioning and the show is his, hell any show outside the Olympia is his for the taking if he just shows up nasty conditioned.

my small 2 cents.

:D

LMAO!!!

1/ Dex
2/ Cedric
3/ Justin
4/ Roelly
5/ Brandon Curry
6/ Evan

Spot on. Although I would probably have a different 4 to 6. Justin really impressed me he just needs more muscle maturity. I can see why Dexter won but no one blew me away. Evan was the biggest disappointment to me especially after seeing those mirror pics last week (no surprise though). Branch well I agree but in some poses he does look impressive. But it is a joke he got 2nd with his waist, lat, forearms etc.

Nearly all of them had really big waists and that is even more apparent when you watch that 1996 vid of the Arnold. As you stated in that thread any of the top 5 would have won this.

Roelly has so much potential (we say this every year though) and is so full but with that also comes this...

106zcx4.jpg

I have not seen the pics from this show, but Branch is always better conditioned in the legs.

I was out of bodybuilding for many years, after I stopped competing. I still lifted, but did not follow the sport after the 90's.

The thing that stood out to me is that the guys from the 90's had much better conditioning, especially in the legs. I have only seen Branch a couple of times, but his legs had that granite look that is lacking in many pros today.

I heard that diuretics have been banned, and maybe that is why. On this board I think the prep gurus advocate carb depleting and loading and no diuretic use. I know that everyone in CA (Flex, Chris Cormier et. al.) and Dorian as well used a diuretic formula. Europeans did too, except they took more. It is pretty complicated, and if you do not know what you are doing it can be very dangerous.

Branch Warren has one of the most hideous physiques in pro bodybuilding history, and he continues to either win or take second place in this joke of a show.

Ive been to the show before when he won (conveniently after coming back after a injury and having a baby).

The politics in the Arnold are more and more obvious each and every year.

Cedric taking 4th place?! LOL What a fucking embarrassment to bodybuilding fans.

Luckily Dexter's immaculate physique is so overpowering that there is no denying his domination on stage. But Cedric was right there with him.

Atlast at the Olympia they take into consideration a thing called aesthetics, which branch has NONE.

Sorry but after watching the videos it really pissed me off that such an ugly physique would be given credit over a beautiful healthy looking physique like Cedric's. Branch is nothing but a insulin abusing freak show with the waist that compares to a pregnant woman in her 9th month of pregnancy.

/Rant

i guess to be fair.. this isn't the first time that a guy with torn muscles has done really well in the Arnold.

levrone won against flex wheeler with a torn pec

You can find what you want in terms of aesthetics in Physique contests. That is why they were created.

Don't get me wrong, yes the GH/Slin guts have gotten out of control, but IMO bodybuilding is still about size and conditioning.

I agree, Branch is everything bodybuilding should not be. Honestly how this guy keeps placing the way he does is beyond me...typical ifbb BS politics

I don't get the comments about Cedrick. The guy has size and a very small waist. He also has some of the worst conditioning I have ever seen. He is soft all over.

I don't know what some of you are looking at in terms of a bodybuilder. IMO, they should be huge, strong and most importantly, conditioned. Ideally, they should look like they are made of granite.

I asthetics is the priority, that is why physique was created. Women BBers became way too masculine, so figure, fitness, and bikini were created.

If I pay for a BB show I want to see freaks, not conditioning that is matched by guys on the beach.

This is just my opinion. You guys are entitled to yours as well.

Last edited:
Don't forget, Dorian won with a torn biceps. I know it was the Olympia, not the Arnold. I was fortunate enough to meet him backstage before he guest posed, even though he was gacked on Thiazides. Really nice guy.

One last thing: I agree that Dexter deserved the win, he had the best package.

i guess to be fair.. this isn't the first time that a guy with torn muscles has done really well in the Arnold.

levrone won against flex wheeler with a torn pec

Last edited:
Arnold has something to say about this issue:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1052393161443250
Holy shit thanks fit posting that!

And HUGE props to Arnold for speaking so fearlessly and truthfully about placing physiques like Cedric higher and blocky unnatractive physiques like Branch lower.

I hope Arnold continues to speak out like this and hopefully can be the guy to turn bodybuilding back in the right direction..

Cedric was robbed. He should have place higher. Dexter looks the same every year. Branch, is just a beast every year.. I was pulling for Evan though. Seen some pics a few weeks out, and was the best Ive seen him look..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131