over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

F*** The Arnold Classic

Everybody talks about bodybuilding being about size and conditioning which I believe is true to a degree but this comes as part of a package...

Bodybuilding didn't start with physiques like this and I know the sport has progressed but there has to be a point where we draw the line and say no more progression is needed... if anything stepping back a bit from this horrid overly developed look and take us back to the more streamlined physiques of the 70's 80's and early 90's.

What Arnold had to say about it is bang on, hardly anyone wants to look like these guys with a pregnant gut, or as he put it a body that looks like a bottle lol.

Cedric was robbed, we need more guys like that.. less pregnant midgets.

ha ha nice job Arnold, I wonder what mr. manion thinks about that?? Arnold is right IMHO though.

Who gives a single fuck what "mr. manion thinks about that? What kinda wuss approach to the issue is that? Lets not stir the pot because we might get in trouble from the boss?

That's why arnold is awesome. He's not a bitch.

Who gives a single fuck what "mr. manion thinks about that? What kinda wuss approach to the issue is that? Lets not stir the pot because we might get in trouble from the boss?

That's why arnold is awesome. He's not a bitch.
arnold could give two shits what manion thinks as he can take manions money and the IFBB's money and wipe his ass with it and flush it down the toilet and still have millions, I would just love to be a fly on the wall and see Manions reaction to that video especially telling everyone to call manion out on his decisions and judges he chooses, I think Arnold is awesome for saying what most don't have the balls to say, Although i don't know that you can totally blame manion for the judges decisions.

I cant believe Evan was placed so low...Im mean my opinion of him is it seems he can never get his legs to pop,he should have placed 6th IMO one of his better packages he has brought to the stage. I hope he works with Farah for his next show I've never been a fan of Oscar.

That video is fucking awesome. Gotta love Arnold.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I cant believe Evan was placed so low...Im mean my opinion of him is it seems he can never get his legs to pop,he should have placed 6th IMO one of his better packages he has brought to the stage. I hope he works with Farah for his next show I've never been a fan of Oscar.

dont you ever wonder why some of these guys wont hire a good coach, even the expensive ones like farah and aceto hell if i can afford to hire them and i have no sponsorship then why can't guys like beyeke hire someone like farah and bring his ass into a show in shape for once, all the genetics in the world and wont hire someone really good to bring him in.

Seen the video, Arnold made some great points. I cant stand it when the guys with the big guts place higher then ones that are aesthetically pleasing. Ive never liked Manion, and judging has become a complete joke..

You really think Branch is bad? He looks great. I don't really see any competition comparing this pic. He looks better than ronnie's olympia days in my opinion.

Good Lord!!!!! Those lats...
If that looks bad then please bless me to look bad. Haha :D
I think Branch really brought his best and I was very impressed.

You can see his waist from the front due to how wide it is...

**broken link removed**

you think branch looks impressive.. check out this pic of art atwood back in his hay day

im surprised he didn't win more titles...but I can definitely see how he suffered major heart attacks.. he must be at least 600 pounds here

Arnold has something to say about this issue:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1052393161443250

I'm not a fan of big guts and I'm not an Arnold hater, but I can't help but think that his message in that video is a bit arrogant and that he doesn't give enough credit to modern day bodybuilders. For better or worse, the sport has changed since he was in it. Forget the nostalgia, if Arnold in his prime was to step on stage today he'd be ripped apart for his conditioning and lack of leg development. If Frank Zane was in his prime today, he'd be a great men's physique competitor, but he wouldn't be vying for the title of Mr. Olympia. Sure, those are two of the most aesthetic bodybuilders of all time, but that's not enough anymore. It's hard to bring to the stage everything that is needed nowadays: size, conditioning, fullness, a small waist, etc. It's not easy to maintain a small waist while eating the food and taking the drugs needed to build the necessary size. It's not that the guys aren't trying hard enough, it's just that it's really fucking hard to do. It's probably not even possible for the guys who aren't genetically gifted, like Phil Heath or Big Ramy, to build massive amounts of muscle without developing distended midsections.

I get Arnold's point, but the unspoken message of "why don't you guys look like I did?" kinda annoys me. Sorry Arnold, but the look you had just doesn't cut it today. It's fine to call for change, but I still think respect should be given to the current guys who've worked their asses off to get to the top of the sport.

I'm not a fan of big guts and I'm not an Arnold hater, but I can't help but think that his message in that video is a bit arrogant and that he doesn't give enough credit to modern day bodybuilders. For better or worse, the sport has changed since he was in it. Forget the nostalgia, if Arnold in his prime was to step on stage today he'd be ripped apart for his conditioning and lack of leg development. If Frank Zane was in his prime today, he'd be a great men's physique competitor, but he wouldn't be vying for the title of Mr. Olympia. Sure, those are two of the most aesthetic bodybuilders of all time, but that's not enough anymore. It's hard to bring to the stage everything that is needed nowadays: size, conditioning, fullness, a small waist, etc. It's not easy to maintain a small waist while eating the food and taking the drugs needed to build the necessary size. It's not that the guys aren't trying hard enough, it's just that it's really fucking hard to do. It's probably not even possible for the guys who aren't genetically gifted, like Phil Heath or Big Ramy, to build massive amounts of muscle without developing distended midsections.

I get Arnold's point, but the unspoken message of "why don't you guys look like I did?" kinda annoys me. Sorry Arnold, but the look you had just doesn't cut it today. It's fine to call for change, but I still think respect should be given to the current guys who've worked their asses off to get to the top of the sport.

If you actually listen to what he says he is talking about Cedrics physique being the aim for modern bodybuilding and since Cedric is a current pro then bodybuilding can and should go down this route as Cedric has the height and the frame to hold the mass.

A lot of the guys from back in the day have this view on the sport today because its been taken from something which was meant to be comparable to 'art' and turned into a freak show, hence the reason the popularity of bodybuilding has declined and physique and bikini have been introduced to help bring attention to the sport.

If eating and drug regimes mean you get a big gut perhaps eat less and take less and work on developing a full physique....

Couldn't disagree more.

Arnold does give todays guys credit, all he is saying is that the judges should reward someone like Cedric who is huge, shapely, athletic looking instead of branch who is just huge and grainy. judges should reward what most people would want to look like, and i guarantee you that most people would rather look like Cedric than Branch Warren.

dont you ever wonder why some of these guys wont hire a good coach, even the expensive ones like farah and aceto hell if i can afford to hire them and i have no sponsorship then why can't guys like beyeke hire someone like farah and bring his ass into a show in shape for once, all the genetics in the world and wont hire someone really good to bring him in.

Right especially when you get to the top level guys who can definitely afford someone like farah. As for Oscar I've just never really like him or his approach I remember watching the Kai Greene documentry when he trained with Oscar and it was brutal to watch and Kai didnt do well at all. Haha I also remember watching them train with Dorian Yates and Dorian basically told Oscar to screw off his quote if I remember right was "well I've won 6 mr. Olympias so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Yeah he looked good for branch. Branch used to have a very small waist when turned pro. I guess a combination of age food and drugs made his core a lot larger which is his main downfall plus his body has taken on that old look where the muscle doesn't pop very much.

Should Cedric have placed higher than branch? Of course but for people to be talking shit about branch is assanine. The man does the best with what God gave him and like it or not he's still kicking ass. Good for him but I hopelfully he hangs up the trunks soon or he'll be limping around like Coleman

Arnold does give todays guys credit, all he is saying is that the judges should reward someone like Cedric who is huge, shapely, athletic looking instead of branch who is just huge and grainy. judges should reward what most people would want to look like, and i guarantee you that most people would rather look like Cedric than Branch Warren.

Ok, but how about this hypothetical comparison: Cedric as he was vs. Cedric with Branch's conditioning? I think most people would prefer his current physique, as opposed to him being covered with veins and grains. But if everything else is the same, could you really knock a bodybuilder for being TOO conditioned?

I've always thought of bodybuilding as being about simultaneously pushing the limits of size, conditioning, shape, etc. Basing judging on aesthetics would place limits on some of these things: you should be big but not too big, conditioned but not too conditioned. That sounds to me like how physique is judged. Besides, how are you supposed to strike a balance in a sport that is all about extremes?

On the other hand, look at Phil vs. Kai. Ask people who is the better bodybuilder and I think you'll get a pretty even response, and after the last Olympia Kai might actually get more votes. But ask who looks better and I think Phil would be the clear winner. I think that's part of the reason why they keep crowning him as Mr. Olympia.

Yeah he looked good for branch. Branch used to have a very small waist when turned pro. I guess a combination of age food and drugs made his core a lot larger which is his main downfall plus his body has taken on that old look where the muscle doesn't pop very much.

Should Cedric have placed higher than branch? Of course but for people to be talking shit about branch is assanine. The man does the best with what God gave him and like it or not he's still kicking ass. Good for him but I hopelfully he hangs up the trunks soon or he'll be limping around like Coleman
Ok so you agree that Cedric should be placed higher than Branch but you think it's crazy to speak badly about Branchs physique because of his work ethic??

This is bodybuilding, it's not a contest based on who suffers the most? I could care less if he has to suffer more than the rest, his physique is a mess. His body to me is everything bodybuilding shouldn't be..... Just because I don't respect his physique doesn't mean I'm discrediting his work ethic. Work ethic is only going to do so much for the non genetically blessed. It will never make up for aesthetics and muscle shape.

As one of the shorter guys, i have an affinity for Branches type physique. conditioning and aesthetic are note in the rule book as i remember. proportion, symmetry etc. are. aesthetics is a very subjective judgement and differs from person to person. Cedric has a very pretty physique, but it does not inspire or speak of power and strength which are a couple of reasons that large muscles are valued.

As one of the shorter guys, i have an affinity for Branches type physique. conditioning and aesthetic are note in the rule book as i remember. proportion, symmetry etc. are. aesthetics is a very subjective judgement and differs from person to person. Cedric has a very pretty physique, but it does not inspire or speak of power and strength which are a couple of reasons that large muscles are valued.

The last thing I think about when I see Branch is strenght or power. Cedric is bigger than branch... So he's bigger, better symmetry, dosent have a wasit so wide you can see it stick out from behind...yet still places behind him. As arnold said: it pisses you off! Lol

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkUXjaqYchg[/ame]

Lol this is so freaking funny

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member