over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Facebook vs. important family news?

GymDudeVA

Registered
Ok, I have actually gotten good advice here, and this is bugging me, so here goes:

2 years ago, my brother's stepson shot himself (age 23). I happened to see stuff about about it on Facebook one week later, called my brother, and he told me about it. It was a huge thing in their lives, obviously, but no one bothered to tell me squat.

TODAY, I see a posting on Facebook ( which I do not look at every day) from my sister-i-in law that her dad had died last night , and thanks for the outpouring of support etc etc . Then today, another posting all about funeral details etc from her, with 23 replies. Meanwhile, in real life, no one has told me shit.

Me brother and I are close in a way, but....should I be hurt? My dad is in a home near him...I fear that I will learn of his death via Facebook!!! This is the same brother I call when *I* need to talk.

Im too young to really give sound advice but I can tell you forsure that if I was in your position I would be hurt. Your part of the family too, wtf...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I would be upset as well. Too many people rely on facebook nowadays but I would talk to them an explain you don't get on Facebook often.

I'm actually debating deleting my Facebook anyway. I'm thinking I'll probably miss alot from my cousins an extended family.

I would be upset as well. Too many people rely on facebook nowadays but I would talk to them an explain you don't get on Facebook often.

I'm actually debating deleting my Facebook anyway. I'm thinking I'll probably miss alot from my cousins an extended family.

Yeah I had mine deleted for a year...just got another though. Not sure if it was a good thing lol

Yeah I had mine deleted for a year...just got another though. Not sure if it was a good thing lol

Yeah I definitely would need a new one if I keep it. My ex deleted her account an I found out she re-opens it only to spy on my page an then deletes it again. I can't block her because I'd have to catch her for the few minutes she has it on. Lol way too much bs an drama with Facebook anyway.

Never used face book, never will

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Never used face book, never will

I have a page only because my wife talked me into putting one up. Haven't been on it in over 6 months and could care less about it.

In regards to serious family issues like deaths in the family I think Facebook is way to impersonal and a phone call should come 1st.

I'm a private person and don't understand why people like to put their whole lives out on Facebook for others to see.

I have a page only because my wife talked me into putting one up. Haven't been on it in over 6 months and could care less about it.

In regards to serious family issues like deaths in the family I think Facebook is way to impersonal and a phone call should come 1st.

I'm a private person and don't understand why people like to put their whole lives out on Facebook for others to see.

Exactly how i feel

Well, the way I see it, it sorta depends. If they dispense all their serious news on Facebook, then no, I would not take it personally. It amazes me what some people call decent protocol these days.

If however, others got personal phone calls and you didn't, then yes you have been insulted and belittled.

Really, from what I have learned in my life, sometimes our real family is really those that we stay in contact with every week, share common views, laughs, tough times, lunches, super bowl parties. Not necessarily those we share the common DNA. Amen to that.

I guess Facebook is the new way of doing things nowadays, sad but true. If you have family members who can post their private lives on a social media site and DO NOT personally call you than your family has some serious issues bro. I don't mean to sound rude about your issue but that shit is simply fucking amazing. Family death, issues, sickness etc is NOTHING to laugh about

Facebook is a social media website not Journalism, News media outlet. What so difficult to pick up the phone and call instead of posting important family related matters online where the WHOLE world to know? Sorry but I wouldnt accept that and I would make it a personal issue to let your own family know but than again I dont know how close you are with your family and what kind of upbringing you and them have but seriously this is NOT acceptable by any means bro...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member