over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Facial Fat

Hey guys,

What have you done that has been particularly effective for losing facial fat?

I have seen pro bodybuilders with low bodyfat % and shredded physiques but their faces are still bloated and fat?

:confused::confused:

Brother your talking to pumpkinhead... i hate my big head..I wish there was a way to lean out my face. I am the type where i can have my abs showing nicely, but still have that extra skin under my chin..I think its from a weak jaw. It truly sucks too, because when I am bulking and wearing a baggy sweatshirt and sweatpants, I am sure the general public just thinks I am fat when they see my big fat head.

Hey guys,

What have you done that has been particularly effective for losing facial fat?

I have seen pro bodybuilders with low bodyfat % and shredded physiques but their faces are still bloated and fat?

:confused::confused:

It could be due to many factors...
high estrogen
high cortisol levels
kidney problems
water retention from androgens, hgh
food intolerance

Todays bodybuilders takes grams of test (high androgen=high cortisol), tons of hgh, every single stimulant (high cortisol), eats tons of food, regreting food intolerance,combining etc all these things leads to kidney problems less or more, so when you will sum it up you have big big moonface...
Just take a look at evey single bodybuilder from 80's-90's...they weren't so dry and so lean onstage or in the offseason, but they always had tiny face...andorgen usage was low, basically no or very very little hgh, no stimulants at all, and just as much food as required and with a lot less chemicals than we get with food today

The perfect example is Evan Centopani and Zack Khan...from what I know Evan uses very little stuff, no stimulants at all and eats organic food - yet he has healthy look, and Zack uses A LOT (I know that for a fact) somewhat GH15 guy and he looks very very uhealthy.

I get bad bloat in off-season, and it doesn't help that my damn jaw and cheek muscle are thick and dense.'

Pre-contest if I were to chew beef jerky --- I would have to stop from my face muscles getting so tight and locked --- my face got so pumped it looks like a "box face" or like a angular diamond facial structure.....

Its weird....

FF

Not sure if Anafit and Yohimburn are still around but it was a topical fatburner a lot of people used with success on to control facial bloat and fat.

YohimBurn | Topical Fat Burning Solution

hang on though some "research" company with probably come out with a face fat burning recomposition injection product soon... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Try replacing your regular table salt with "Real Salt". It's a product from Utah that has all the natural trace minerals still present. Remove diet soda from your diet.

Those simple steps will not only reduce water retention, but you will feel better as well.

It's genetic bro. Your body decides where it likes holding the fat and where it will loose it first, last etc... My face and mid-section loose the fat less. Mid-section I think is a problem with many males though. Face, not as much from what I've seen. Also being on psychotropic medications will cause it as well. I retained considerably more fat in my mid section and face since I was put on Paxil over 7 years ago.

For me personally - the more test, the more hgh, the more peptides and the more drugs overall I'm on - the more water I'm retaining on my face...when I'm off or on trt dosage - I'm softer physiaque wise, even have more bf but very lean in the face with no water retantion at all.

Almost all bodybuilders in the 70's, 80's, and 90's had sunken cheeks when dieted down. Now days you see a lot of dieted down bodybuilders that still have bloated faces. This without a doubt is attributed to high doses of hgh and insulin. Look at Tim Belknap from the early 80's, the first known diabetic bodybuilder who took multiple insulin shots a day and had the only bloated face of any competitor back then. Now, more than half the pros have the slin/hgh face while they are 4% bodyfat.

If one is just on Test and gets a bloated moon face will taking more of an AI reverse/prevent this? Definitely a concern of mine because my face isn't naturally very lean to begin with.

If one is just on Test and gets a bloated moon face will taking more of an AI reverse/prevent this? Definitely a concern of mine because my face isn't naturally very lean to begin with.

For me no. It is a diet thing for me. I've been on 750mg test E/week (I know not a huge amount but enough for significant water retention) and thought I should try an AI... no effect but I didn't feel very bloated anyway.

I have to say I'm uncertain about the sweeteners having an effect... I'm been ridiculously lean a couple of times and have drunk endless amounts of diet sodas.

But last year I switched to more low carb monsters (about 5 grams of carbs per can) and even though my body was very lean my face held a bit of fat/water.

So I don't know now... but when I eat above maintenance for too long my face is the first place to fatten...

I summary;
AI's do nothing for me for facial bloat.
Eating too much increases facial bloat.
Very very low carb diet soda's rip me to shreds when dieting.
Possibly lowish carb diet energy drinks might prevent ripping process when dieting.

Last edited:
I think most of the time my face is all fat from the water retention from AAS and gh.
It often helps when I drink green tea, take vitamin C and lay off carbs and sodium.

damn well now I'm concerned about taking Test E. I ran some designer steroid cycle a few months ago and definitely held some water but it didn't look like too much on my face. I guess i just need to hope it's not too bad.

my buddy took lasix for 6 days during the summer and i noticed his bloated face disappeared immediately.

Almost all bodybuilders in the 70's, 80's, and 90's had sunken cheeks when dieted down. Now days you see a lot of dieted down bodybuilders that still have bloated faces. This without a doubt is attributed to high doses of hgh and insulin. Look at Tim Belknap from the early 80's, the first known diabetic bodybuilder who took multiple insulin shots a day and had the only bloated face of any competitor back then. Now, more than half the pros have the slin/hgh face while they are 4% bodyfat.

thats what confused me most

the days of arnold and serge nubret and zane,

they still had handsome and skinny sunken cheeks and pronounced jawlines

nowadays you see shredded up and down bodybuilders with a melon for a head, ie kai greene markus ruhl lionel beyeke, etc

So for unassisted (no AAS or GH) do you guys think it is just genetic?

If not anything worth trying? Wasn't sure if what was mentioned before was meant for geared guys...

If not anything worth trying? Wasn't sure if what was mentioned before was meant for geared guys...

actually when i was a natural if my sodium intake would be really high for the day i would go to sleep with a slight moonface

I think the same stuff applies, short of lowering the test/deca/HGH...

Drink more water
Consume less sodium
Consume less carbs (see what the "magic number" is for you)
More cardio
Drop the creatine

and for me what makes the biggest difference:

avoiding dairy and (especially) gluten

Wheat products especially make me hold a ton of water, but when I don't eat any for a couple of days, my face starts to get chiseled.

FOR THOSE WHO DO THIS TO LOOK GOOD:

do everything you can in order to have a lean face...no use in doing compounds for an extra 10-20 pounds if it results in a smooth, round, featureless face. Single & moonface = no play.

Palumbo was saying in a past radio show that facial bloat in lean bodybuilders is sometimes due to your body not flushing out toxins. The kidneys and liver can't process the damage fast enough. He was talking about Derek Anthony. Remember how he was lean, but had a bloated face? BOOM. Health problems.

The muscles in your face also grow. Look at Levrone in his prime, and look at him now. He looks younger NOW than he did THEN.

Palumbo was saying in a past radio show that facial bloat in lean bodybuilders is sometimes due to your body not flushing out toxins. The kidneys and liver can't process the damage fast enough. He was talking about Derek Anthony. Remember how he was lean, but had a bloated face? BOOM. Health problems.

The muscles in your face also grow. Look at Levrone in his prime, and look at him now. He looks younger NOW than he did THEN.

**broken link removed** This is moonface? I'll take that lol.

Unfortunately I do not have a very lean face naturally, I'm hoping enough of an AI prevents the major bloated look issue.

Avoid

-Eggs
-Dairy(YES MILK too)
-Wheat

Take 4G Vitamin C per day in 2 doses

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views