over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fall 2020 Blood work!

Killer.7

Registered
Hey guys. Seeing my Nephro next Monday but I got some results in that I am a bit confused about so I wanted to see if any geeks here could help me out.

My general blood panel looks really good. My focus is on the kidneys with a 24 hour urine sample and the results being my biggest question.

Creatinine (Urine)8.73.5-24.5mmol/L
Creatinine Renal Clearance/1.73 Sq MHI2.601.18-2.18mL/S
Reference range applies only
to clearance corrected for
body surface area.
Creatinine (24h Urine)HI37.47.8-20.0mmol/D

What does this mean exactly? My creatinine in urine PER LITRE is normal and within range but my 24 hour urine sample shows its high, and my creatinine clearance of 2.60 mL/S is also high.

What does high creatinine in the urine mean?

My serum creatinine was 125 which for you Americans I believe is 1.4 mg/dl

If anyone can help interpret these results that would be great

Copied from a website on google:

Causes

An elevated creatinine level most likely means that the functioning of the persons kidneys are impaired. The risks for this include hypertension and diabetes. Other causes of a high creatinine level are certain drugs, eating an unusually large amount of meat, a blocked urinary tract and an abnormal breakdown in the muscles called rhabdomyolysis.

Treatment & Medication
If the higher levels are caused by drugs, the drugs may need to be discontinued or substituted for other drugs. Diabetes and high blood pressure should be brought under control. Since dehydration can elevate creatinine levels, the person should stay hydrated.

Useful Information
Creatinine is a substance that is a by-product of the breakdown of an amino acid called creatine. This breakdown is a result of the normal stresses on the muscles, so everybody has some level of creatinine in their blood. The bloodstream carries creatinine to the kidneys, and the kidneys help to excrete it via the urine. The normal levels of creatinine are not universal but depend on the personâs age, gender, race and size. Normal blood levels are 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams per deciliter in men and and 0.5 to 1.1 dL in women. However, the levels in a person who has only one kidney may be as high as 1.8 or 1.9. A baby who has a level of 2.0 or higher mostly likely has a serious kidney disease. The same is true if the levels go to 5.0 or higher in an adult.

It does say a normal level by American metrics is .6-1.3 so youre only slightly above. Take this info with a grain of salt as well. Gender and even race have a big part in what normal levels are Ive read.

Are you on cycle? Do you drink a lot of water? Do you have high blood pressure or take any other non AAS medications?

As Ive learned lately when it rains it pours so keep an eye on it and fix it if you can. I remember my grandmother having very high levels but she was almost 90 years old. Its not great for the kidneys.

Do tou take or plan to take any kind of kidney supplement?

Bactrim and some other meds I just read can cause a false reading or a higher reading for that matter.

Read this from GoodRX, a fairly reputable site

LMK if you take any of these antibiotics, etc

My hypertension is what my BP is reading lately saying I went from Hypertension 2, down to level 1, and now Im either 1 or pre-hypertension. I just started my BP meds 4ish days ago so we shall see, but I dont think they checked my creatinin

Lots of factors play a role, but its good you got it looked at early. Whats your BP for sure? Eat tons of meat? Like a lot? Most of us here probably get more protein than our kidneys like to metabolize (idk if thats the proper terminology)

You can probably narrow it down with research and the doc can say yeah thats a likely cause/contributing factor. Especially if youre a muscled up guy for your frame.

Im anywhere from 230-244 on a small 5'10" frame due to my mother (small wrists, waist) and have high BP but my test showed no protein in my urine so IDK if that is a correlation butId not be surprised.

Albumin (I think its called maybe) or basically call and ask your doctor if there was protein in your urine assuming you gave a sample. Your kidneys are important. Im having health issues somewhat atm so Im gonna follow this thread. I wonder if they tested it or only your blood for this. Anyways something is a smidge off with kidney functionality, lets find out what it is via your doctor mostly but also research and fix it.

A positive outlook and a proactive mindset are gonna be helpful. Youll be fine, lets figure out how to make you that way asap

What other blood work was done? Anything else abnormal or anything else at all youre comfortable sharing?

Hey guys. Seeing my Nephro next Monday but I got some results in that I am a bit confused about so I wanted to see if any geeks here could help me out.

My general blood panel looks really good. My focus is on the kidneys with a 24 hour urine sample and the results being my biggest question.

Creatinine (Urine)8.73.5-24.5mmol/L
Creatinine Renal Clearance/1.73 Sq MHI2.601.18-2.18mL/S
Reference range applies only
to clearance corrected for
body surface area.
Creatinine (24h Urine)HI37.47.8-20.0mmol/D

What does this mean exactly? My creatinine in urine PER LITRE is normal and within range but my 24 hour urine sample shows its high, and my creatinine clearance of 2.60 mL/S is also high.

What does high creatinine in the urine mean?

My serum creatinine was 125 which for you Americans I believe is 1.4 mg/dl

If anyone can help interpret these results that would be great
If you weight train or even engage in any intense exercise then your creatinine probably should be slightly elevated. And if you’re using a S then it’s practically guaranteed to be slightly elevated. Being at a 1.4 personally wouldn’t concern me in the slightest though. As long as it’s not extremely elevated from your norm that is.

Sorry guys these replies are fairly basic knowledge not knocking or shitting on any of you. I have been posting about kidney related stuff for a long time now back to 2018 at least.

Long story short in 2018 I caught protein in my urine due to high blood pressure (most likely) we corrected my bp through diet and ARB inhibitor and now my protein in urine has significantly reduced to a very minimal point and my nephro is not concerned at all.

My question this time around was regarding the creatinine in the urine. If you look at the per Liter measurement I am well within range. But the per DAY measurement I am high. I drank a lot of water for the test and pissed 4.3 litres which makes me believe the total volume of my urine jacked the number beyond the normal range. How can the per litre measurement be ok but the per day measurement be high. Other than it being a volume thing.

Additionally a high creatinine clearence is a GOOD thing as this is the measurement used to attain GFR. How fast your kidneys filter your blood. it is a per ML/Second measurement which can be converted to per minute like a traditional eGFR using serum creatinine.

My other bloods are good. My Cystain C is good and my serum creatinine like I said is 1.4 and puts my eGFR at 66. Additionally, I have done so much blood work in the recent years that I have found serum creatinine to be very fluid depending on how big I am. When I downsize and stop eating/training like a bodybuilder my creatinine can drop as low as 1.25 to 1.3 and when I am gunning hard and eating/training hard I have seen it as high as 1.5. Also I have found the Astragalus up here in Canada has had minimal effect on serum creatinine. I was using NOW brand and it did absolutely fuk all. I switches to natures way now and we will see how that goes.

I am 30 yrs old, 5'11 and 230 lbs lean, muscular.

BP is always around 125-130 range over 80 depending.

Sorry guys these replies are fairly basic knowledge not knocking or shitting on any of you. I have been posting about kidney related stuff for a long time now back to 2018 at least.

Long story short in 2018 I caught protein in my urine due to high blood pressure (most likely) we corrected my bp through diet and ARB inhibitor and now my protein in urine has significantly reduced to a very minimal point and my nephro is not concerned at all.

My question this time around was regarding the creatinine in the urine. If you look at the per Liter measurement I am well within range. But the per DAY measurement I am high. I drank a lot of water for the test and pissed 4.3 litres which makes me believe the total volume of my urine jacked the number beyond the normal range. How can the per litre measurement be ok but the per day measurement be high. Other than it being a volume thing.

Additionally a high creatinine clearence is a GOOD thing as this is the measurement used to attain GFR. How fast your kidneys filter your blood. it is a per ML/Second measurement which can be converted to per minute like a traditional eGFR using serum creatinine.

My other bloods are good. My Cystain C is good and my serum creatinine like I said is 1.4 and puts my eGFR at 66. Additionally, I have done so much blood work in the recent years that I have found serum creatinine to be very fluid depending on how big I am. When I downsize and stop eating/training like a bodybuilder my creatinine can drop as low as 1.25 to 1.3 and when I am gunning hard and eating/training hard I have seen it as high as 1.5. Also I have found the Astragalus up here in Canada has had minimal effect on serum creatinine. I was using NOW brand and it did absolutely fuk all. I switches to natures way now and we will see how that goes.

I am 30 yrs old, 5'11 and 230 lbs lean, muscular.

BP is always around 125-130 range over 80 depending.

What were you on during this blood draw? 66 at 30 years old isn't good.

Trt. My nephrologist is not concerned at all with that eGFR as it does not factor in my muscularity. He says it is likely 10-15% higher. Additionally I am on telmesartan which can lower eGFR by as much as 10-15%

using a cockgault graft equation the egfr is actually a lot higher as it takes into account my weight.

Trt. My nephrologist is not concerned at all with that eGFR as it does not factor in my muscularity. He says it is likely 10-15% higher. Additionally I am on telmesartan which can lower eGFR by as much as 10-15%

using a cockgault graft equation the egfr is actually a lot higher as it takes into account my weight.

Also- my egfr using cystain C is 120 and using creatine clearence 124.

looking at some past blood. 2019 April I was not training nor eating like a bodybuilder and my serum creatinine was 1.33 putting my eGFR at 72. Like I said over the years I have seen my serum creatinine fluctuate depending on what I am doing anywhere from 1.3 to 1.5 both up and down.

Your results are completely normal, there is no reason for concern whatsoever. Creatinine isn't hard on your kidneys at all, it isn't bad for your kidneys in any way. Creatinine is used as a marker because it is something the kidneys process at a constant rate, so if you aren't processing it well, it can mean you have lost some of your kidney function. Muscle mass, muscle damage, creatine supplementation, and high protein diets all cause extra creatinine production. The fact that you are clearing this creatinine well means that the kidneys are functioning at high capacity.

Copied from a website on google:

Causes

An elevated creatinine level most likely means that the functioning of the persons kidneys are impaired. The risks for this include hypertension and diabetes. Other causes of a high creatinine level are certain drugs, eating an unusually large amount of meat, a blocked urinary tract and an abnormal breakdown in the muscles called rhabdomyolysis.

Treatment & Medication
If the higher levels are caused by drugs, the drugs may need to be discontinued or substituted for other drugs. Diabetes and high blood pressure should be brought under control. Since dehydration can elevate creatinine levels, the person should stay hydrated.

Useful Information
Creatinine is a substance that is a by-product of the breakdown of an amino acid called creatine. This breakdown is a result of the normal stresses on the muscles, so everybody has some level of creatinine in their blood. The bloodstream carries creatinine to the kidneys, and the kidneys help to excrete it via the urine. The normal levels of creatinine are not universal but depend on the personâs age, gender, race and size. Normal blood levels are 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams per deciliter in men and and 0.5 to 1.1 dL in women. However, the levels in a person who has only one kidney may be as high as 1.8 or 1.9. A baby who has a level of 2.0 or higher mostly likely has a serious kidney disease. The same is true if the levels go to 5.0 or higher in an adult.

It does say a normal level by American metrics is .6-1.3 so youre only slightly above. Take this info with a grain of salt as well. Gender and even race have a big part in what normal levels are Ive read.

Are you on cycle? Do you drink a lot of water? Do you have high blood pressure or take any other non AAS medications?

As Ive learned lately when it rains it pours so keep an eye on it and fix it if you can. I remember my grandmother having very high levels but she was almost 90 years old. Its not great for the kidneys.

Do tou take or plan to take any kind of kidney supplement?

Bactrim and some other meds I just read can cause a false reading or a higher reading for that matter.

Read this from GoodRX, a fairly reputable site

LMK if you take any of these antibiotics, etc

This is incredibly misleading information that doesn't apply to the OP at all. I highly recommend not shooting from the hip on stuff like this.

Exactly, you are experiencing what is know as "the standard bodybuilder kidney scare." Your GFR is actually normal, you are producing more creatinine than normal (which is normal and fine) and you are clearing it at a higher than normal rate also (which indicates high kidney function).

This whole experience you are having is extremely common.

Thank you brother. Take care.

In any case I see my nephro next Monday and will report back to this thread with his comments.

Had a virtual meeting with the nephro. Everything is good he essentially said the exact same thing Kaladryn said which is funny.

Additionally my serum creatinine at its current level is not alarming he says given my muscularity and my kidneys are actually filtering creatinine at a very fast rate. My Cystatin C number just came in too.

I will follow up with him again in a year. The whole reason why I began seeing him in the first place was my high BP and protein in the urine. Both of which are being controlled now via diet and ARB inhibitor (telmasartan)

Cystatin C
Cystatin C0.560.52-1.31mg/L

This test was referred to Quest Diagnostics
Incorporated, 33608 Ortega Hwy
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR)141>=60SeeBelow
UNITS: mL/min/1.73m2

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member