over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fast Resting Heart Rate

Brock456

Registered
Newbies
Anyone have a fast resting heart rate? Mine is like 80-90 resting, gets up to like 120 working out. This is only on TRT.

I have seen a cardiologist. EKG is normal. BP is good. He wants to do stress test and echo.

I think I just have a naturally high HR.

it gets down to about 60 sleeping which is good.

I feel like it’s hard to gain with such a high HR like my body is constantly doing cardio and burning calories at it.

It would be helpful to know what you are currently taking (AAS, HGH, any other medication, etc) before answering this

It would be helpful to know what you are currently taking (AAS, HGH, any other medication, etc) before answering this

i already mentioned I’m on TRT. 200mg/week

I’m not really looking for any medical advice as I know no one is a dr and I have already been to dr for it. Just curious if anyone else has same issue

Anyone have a fast resting heart rate? Mine is like 80-90 resting, gets up to like 120 working out. This is only on TRT.

I have seen a cardiologist. EKG is normal. BP is good. He wants to do stress test and echo.

I feel like it’s hard to gain with such a high HR like my body is constantly doing cardio and burning calories at it.
I do. It stays around 120 a minute without beta blockers.

it’s a genetic thing for me..my dad and sister sit about 130 resting.

I have perfect blood work and blood pressure though.

luckily I respond very well to the beta blockers..I have 25mg metoprolol that I break in half and take 12.5mg twice a day...keeps me in the 70’s at all times.

Hydration status is key. Insufficient hydration will increase your heart rate, mild to moderate dehydration will jack your HR up several BPM. Water alone doesn't suffice.

I'd start with this first and foremost.

Are you keto style dieting?

I have perfect blood work and blood pressure though.

luckily I respond very well to the beta blockers..I have 25mg metoprolol that I break in half and take 12.5mg twice a day...keeps me in the 70’s at all times.

you get that from a cardiologist? I may look into that. How did it effect u, if at all, when it was high?

Hydration status is key. Insufficient hydration will increase your heart rate, mild to moderate dehydration will jack your HR up several BPM. Water alone doesn't suffice.

No keto diet. 4-5K calories a day, high protein. I drink about 1-1.5 gallons of water a day.

I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day and stay away from keto..tried it..I can’t sleep on it.

you get that from a cardiologist? I may look into that. How did it effect u, if at all, when it was high?
My general practitioner started me on it and my cardiologist keeps the prescription going. I had life long insomnia until I started taking it..4 hours of sleep was probably the longest I slept my whole life until the beta blockers.

as far as effects go? Only at night would it bother me..it would amp up every night whenever I laid down to rest. Resting was always terrible! During the day I would make myself crazy busy because my heart rate demanded it.Then at night as soon as I laid down I would have palpitations for about 15-30 minutes, like my heart was screaming “go time! Getup bitch”

first time I took the beta blockers though I got a solid 10 hours of sleep...so, that’s new lol

My general practitioner started me on it and my cardiologist keeps the prescription going. I had life long insomnia until I started taking it..4 hours of sleep was probably the longest I slept my whole life until the beta blockers.

as far as effects go? Only at night would it bother me..it would amp up every night whenever I laid down to rest. Resting was always terrible! During the day I would make myself crazy busy because my heart rate demanded it.Then at night as soon as I laid down I would have palpitations for about 15-30 minutes, like my heart was screaming “go time! Getup bitch”

first time I took the beta blockers though I got a solid 10 hours of sleep...so, that’s new lol

what are your stats? Did it effect you lifting at all? Putting on size?
did you do any cycles with it like that? I would think it would go even higher on cycle

yours is a lot higher than mine though. I’m between 80-95. Sometimes I get to high 70’s.

what are your stats? Did it effect you lifting at all? Putting on size?
did you do any cycles with it like that? I would think it would go even higher on cycle

yours is a lot higher than mine though. I’m between 80-95. Sometimes I get to high 70’s.
Everything improved

first off, my sleep improved my recovery and I was able to be much more intense.

It also helped me with my dieting. I could always stick to a diet...except for quantity. I was ravenous at all times..I could literally pile in 6000-7000 calories a day and still be starving at 198 when i competed at that weight. I hated going up in weight classes because I couldn’t control my eating at all.

now? I eat a meal and I’m fine..I have a protein shake with milk and I’m good.

it was something I stupidly didn’t do for years. I should have just took the damn prescription like my GP told me to years before I did.

they have lower doses than I take..so you should be ok.

An elevated heart rate into 120+bpm is expected when working out hard. Mine gets that high when I workout intensely and do supersets etc..

Only time my RHR got into the mid 80’s was when I was on HGH 4-6iu a day and to be honest, as Stewie said, hydration sometimes plays a big role on that and I didn’t drink as much water as I do now when I was taking that but a lot of people reported higher RHR in GH so I chalked it up to that myself..

But you say you’re only on 200mg TRT... Do you do cardio regularly? If you never do cardio (REAL cardio, not a casual walk type of cardio bodybuilders pretend is cardio), you’re a heavier/bigger guy and eating all that food then I’d expect it to be in the 80’s..

Why is water alone not enough for hydration? Can you elaborate on that please?

An elevated heart rate into 120+bpm is expected when working out hard. Mine gets that high when I workout intensely and do supersets etc..

Only time my RHR got into the mid 80’s was when I was on HGH 4-6iu a day and to be honest, as Stewie said, hydration sometimes plays a big role on that and I didn’t drink as much water as I do now when I was taking that but a lot of people reported higher RHR in GH so I chalked it up to that myself..

But you say you’re only on 200mg TRT... Do you do cardio regularly? If you never do cardio (REAL cardio, not a casual walk type of cardio bodybuilders pretend is cardio), you’re a heavier/bigger guy and eating all that food then I’d expect it to be in the 80’s..

no cardio. I’m a hard gainer so whenever I have done cardio I have burned muscle easily. It sucks. My weight is like 220 so not heavy by any means....

no cardio. I’m a hard gainer so whenever I have done cardio I have burned muscle easily. It sucks. My weight is like 220 so not heavy by any means....

That might be a big reason bro.. Cardio is super important for overall health and obviously heart health whether gaining or cutting...

220lbs at what height if I may ask?

I doubt 20-30 minutes of cardio 3-4x a week would make you burn muscle bro. Unless you have a ridiculously wicked fast metabolism and you’re absolutely dry/shredded at 220lbs and you’re like 6’3 lol

That might be a big reason bro.. Cardio is super important for overall health and obviously heart health whether gaining or cutting...

220lbs at what height if I may ask?

I doubt 20-30 minutes of cardio 3-4x a week would make you burn muscle bro. Unless you have a ridiculously wicked fast metabolism and you’re absolutely dry/shredded at 220lbs and you’re like 6’3 lol

yes to all of the above lol to even be 220 it requires me eating 4-5K calories a day. I lose weight so easily.
I might try light cardio though. We’ll see. I want to get to 240 and unfortunately need to get all the calories I can without burning too many

yes to all of the above lol to even be 220 it requires me eating 4-5K calories a day. I lose weight so easily.
I might try light cardio though. We’ll see. I want to get to 240 and unfortunately need to get all the calories I can without burning too many
I promise u will feel much better adding in cardio it really helps with resting heart rate and over all wellness. If you are worried about losing weight due to the extra caloric expenditure just drink a carb drink while doing the cardio

Why is water alone not enough for hydration? Can you elaborate on that please?

Electrolytes are essential for proper hydration. All too often I'll see individuals state they're drinking copious amounts of water --1-1.5gal per day. Yet, if they have any recent copy(ies) of their CBC/Chem panel, their Albumin will be encroaching >5g/dL, their Na nearly bottomed out and their osmotic concentrations are indicative of insufficient hydration/dehydration.

If they're chugging copious amounts of water and pissing several times throughout the day This can create an individual to piss their Na (sodium) in the dirt, which shits on hydration. If they're sweating during the course of the day, this too will push their Na further down. Especially if they're not getting in sufficient electrolytes.

In the context of increased HR, insufficient hydration/dehydration increases cardiac output via increase HR to maintain adequate systemic blood perfusion.

The OP may be sufficiently hydrated in which case would be unrelated to his RHR. If he's on the school of routine phlebotomizing pushing his Fe in the dirt, this can increase his RHR, too.

Sorry to hijack but may I ask why the keto question? I'm currently running Keto with 250 test and 200 mast and 4 iu HGH. Since keto I noticed my RHR went up, do you happen to know why? Always have a higher RHR than most but now I notice it a little more.

It also helped me with my dieting. I could always stick to a diet...except for quantity. I was ravenous at all times..I could literally pile in 6000-7000 calories a day and still be starving at 198 when i competed at that weight.

^^^to me ..this has all the makings of a possible HYPER-thyroid condition
(..Graves' disease is one)

..hereditary perhaps, seeing as how your dad & sister have it too

^^^something to look into for sure

^^^to me ..this has all the makings of a possible HYPER-thyroid condition
(..Graves' disease is one)

..hereditary perhaps, seeing as how your dad & sister have it too

^^^something to look into for sure

That was literally the first thing they checked! My dad has Graves’ disease..they checked me and nothing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear