over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasted Blood Glucose- GH/Peptides

Reno911

Registered
Has anyone consistently monitored their fasting blood glucose while on GH and/or peptides?

I normally blast 16 weeks and start to spot check my morning glucose at around week 8 to 12. On my most recent blast, I was monitoring it pretty regularly the last 4 weeks of the blast and levels were ranging from about 94 to 102 on 6iu GH. 2.5 weeks into my cruise at 2iu GH, my levels are now ranging from 80-90. I have added in some berberine and R-ala to improve my sensitivity.

This leads to the question of: will adding peptides- Ipam 300mcg 3x/day and CJC no DAC 100mcg 3x/ day mess with my insulin sensitivity same as the GH?

Is the high fasted blood glucose from the increased levels of IGF-1 or another mechanism that is specific to GH only?

Thoughts?

Has anyone consistently monitored their fasting blood glucose while on GH and/or peptides?

I normally blast 16 weeks and start to spot check my morning glucose at around week 8 to 12. On my most recent blast, I was monitoring it pretty regularly the last 4 weeks of the blast and levels were ranging from about 94 to 102 on 6iu GH. 2.5 weeks into my cruise at 2iu GH, my levels are now ranging from 80-90. I have added in some berberine and R-ala to improve my sensitivity.

This leads to the question of: will adding peptides- Ipam 300mcg 3x/day and CJC no DAC 100mcg 3x/ day mess with my insulin sensitivity same as the GH?

Is the high fasted blood glucose from the increased levels of IGF-1 or another mechanism that is specific to GH only?

Thoughts?

Increase in fasting blood sugar has more to do with diet, it would take very high doses of gh to experience this.

In the serostim study about 30% of people developed high blood sugar after doing 18iu per day for 12 weeks

Cut your carbs in half and your fasting blood sugar will drop significantly in a week.

The increased insulin sensitivity is caused by the GH. IGF1 actually has an opposite effect, but the negative effect from GH outweighs it, especially at higher dosages of GH, where there are diminishing marginal gains in IGF1 levels.

Ipamorelin and CJC will probably have a similar effect as 2IU of GH.

Other things you can do to increase insulin resistance are going low carb, even if only for a day or two per week. What also helps is Cinnamon, lowering body fat, Metformin (personally not a fan tho), or taking insulin (either low dose basal insulin or moderate dose rapid insulin PW) to take some pressure off your pancreas.

The increased insulin sensitivity is caused by the GH. IGF1 actually has an opposite effect, but the negative effect from GH outweighs it, especially at higher dosages of GH, where there are diminishing marginal gains in IGF1 levels.

Other things you can do to increase insulin resistance are going low carb, even if only for a day or two per week. What also helps is Cinnamon, lowering body fat, Metformin (personally not a fan tho), or taking insulin (either low dose basal insulin or moderate dose rapid insulin PW) to take some pressure off your pancreas.

You might have a thing or two mixed up here:banghead:

Increase in fasting blood sugar has more to do with diet, it would take very high doses of gh to experience this.

In the serostim study about 30% of people developed high blood sugar after doing 18iu per day for 12 weeks

Cut your carbs in half and your fasting blood sugar will drop significantly in a week.

Goal- even with an IGF-1 level of 680 at 6iu/day you feel that's too low to develop any insulin resistance? I was pretty consistent checking morning glucose the last 4 weeks of the blast and it was consistently at or close to 100. Since cutting GH back to 2iu/day for the last 2 weeks it's dropped quite a bit with no change in diet/drop in carbs- so essentially the only variable that has changed was the GH dosing (along with some berbeine & r-ala)

Up to 4 ius a day; My fasting BG is around 88-90.

MK 677 at 12.5 mgs, it'll go creeping up towards 95+. This makes sense due to MK's numerous pulses of GH throughout the day.

I don't run other peps or growth higher as water retention, drowsiness, and just overall lethargy isn't something I like in day to day life. I want to feel good as well as look good.

More peptides will raise your BG levels, as will more GH; that should be a no brainer. For me, lowering carbs on days I don't train has helped a lot with insulin sensitivity.

So if ur bg is high would insulin actually help lower it or make it even higher??

And if guess gh makes it go high as well then i take it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anyone subscribe to Meadows theory that insulin resistance from GH is caused more by doing multiple dosages each day vs. one large bolus dose around your training time?

So if ur bg is high would insulin actually help lower it or make it even higher??

And if guess gh makes it go high as well then i take it?

Insulin clears glucose from the bloodstream. If BG is high insulin would lower it. This is what diabetics use it for

Youre mixing sensitivity and resistance up. Gh doesn't increase insulin sensitivity....it makes you insulin resistant. And eating low carb or using metformin doesn't cause insulin resistance...it increases insulin sensitivity

Insulin clears glucose from the bloodstream. If BG is high insulin would lower it. This is what diabetics use it for
Ok i guess ive been confused as some have told me use of slin woul cause my bg to go higher? I guess small amounts of slin would lower my bg then and gh will make bg go high correct?

Thanks for the reply

Youre mixing sensitivity and resistance up. Gh doesn't increase insulin sensitivity....it makes you insulin resistant. And eating low carb or using metformin doesn't cause insulin resistance...it increases insulin sensitivity
geez, I'm retarded, thx for pointing that out :banghead:

Ok i guess ive been confused as some have told me use of slin woul cause my bg to go higher? I guess small amounts of slin would lower my bg then and gh will make bg go high correct?

Thanks for the reply

Yes basically. A diabetic does not produce enough insulin to clear(store) the glucose that is floating around in their bloodstream. They inject exogenous insulin in a ratio relative to their BG levels and this insulin clears the glucose from their bloodstream.
After you eat, your blood sugar (glucose) rises. This rise in glucose triggers your pancreas to release insulin into the bloodstream. Insulin travels through the blood to your body's cells. It tells the cells to open up and let the glucose in. Once inside, the cells convert glucose into energy or store it to use later.

Without insulin, your body can't use or store glucose for energy. Instead, the glucose stays in your blood.

so if you had higher bg levels and injected insulin it would bring it down.

Gh usage over time can blunt your response to that insulin(insulin resistance) which requires you to eventually use exogenous insulin to clear BG....or...enhance insulin sensitivity by using metformin or other drugs

Just use metformin. It's not going to kill your gains. 12.5mg MK + 3IU bolus dose and FBG was 71 (almost too low) with 1000mg metformin.

Keeping carbs around training and morning is wise as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cut carbs and run 7 days DNP low dose...it's literally like reset button for insulin sensitivity.

Then stick to a healthy diet, fasted cardio now and then, and maybe metformin or berberine

Just use metformin. It's not going to kill your gains. 12.5mg MK + 3IU bolus dose and FBG was 71 (almost too low) with 1000mg metformin.

I've tried metfomin a few different times and with the regular and extended release versions and it really wreaks havoc on my digestive system. Unfortunately just not a good fit for me. :(

cut carbs and run 7 days DNP low dose...it's literally like reset button for insulin sensitivity.

Then stick to a healthy diet, fasted cardio now and then, and maybe metformin or berberine

I was thinking the low dose DNP as well. I tolerate it well but have never bothered to measure BG while using it before to see what the effect on it is.

U use standard or extended release? And when do u take it? After a meal? Before? Not sure why but my bg waking has been creeping up recently was 115 the other morning yikes

U use standard or extended release? And when do u take it? After a meal? Before? Not sure why but my bg waking has been creeping up recently was 115 the other morning yikes

Standard. I take morning upon waking and PM before bed. Morning I wake and don't eat for about 2 hours so I guess you could say I fast from last meal through the night until morning meal 1 around 8am.

PM dose is either after my post workout meal #2 or when I wake up in the middle of the night.

I've tried metfomin a few different times and with the regular and extended release versions and it really wreaks havoc on my digestive system. Unfortunately just not a good fit for me. :(

What dose and with or without food?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear