over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*Fasted Blood Glucose numbers while on GH and SLIN*

Redrum123

Registered
Hey guys...

Recently have been running SLIN and GH...

At what point should one come off the Slin to let the body re sensitize...

I know many coaches use fasted Blood glucose reading numbers in the mornings to determine if they've built up insulin resistance..

I also realize that GH in moderate doses * 10iu 5x a week* raises your fasted blood glucose...

Can only really give my own personal experience - I was on GH for 8 months and slin for 7 months (8-16iu of log pre workout 5-6x a week only). I started with fasted BG of 90 - which sucks but still nothing crazy ... First 6 months I'd check periodically and it was up to 95-99... Figured this wasn't so bad so I kept using... Just re-checked it a few weeks ago for the first time in ~2 months... 105-110! Too high for my liking - so I stopped the log and the GH just to err on the safe side, and have been running metformin daily at 2400-3200mg ED. Definitely feel far less sensitive to slin and my bodyfat seems to not be melting off as it used to... So going to run metformin indefinitely until I get it into the 80-90 range (I hope!!) and then switch to r-ALA and stay off slin for a good while. Made plenty of gains but truthfully think I looked
Better before - my waist definitely expanded whilst remaining lean. Little protruding turtle shell going on. Sort of wish I hadn't used it. If I do in the future I'll use r-ALA and other GDA's during the cycle.

Slin should not be run for more than 4-6 weeks tops. Your fasted bgl should not be over 100, but optimally should be closer to 70-80. Depending on how much gh you use, it can raise your bgl anywhere from 10-30 points on average.

I have always believed that its best to run slin 5x per week and give two days off in a row. Ive ran it consistently for months at a time. I gauge my fat and my metabolic rate often. If I look like I have gained fat around my mid section then Ill back off for a while and test my blood glucose. Mostly doesn't happen unless I change my diet in which I'm asking for it. I only do up to 20iu per day. I think your fine as long as you monitor yourself the way your doing.

Last edited:
Also I believe that choosing to run an R type insulin makes more sense to run for a lengthy amount of time and is less likely to go hypo and insulin resistant.

Last edited:
Slin should not be run for more than 4-6 weeks tops. Your fasted bgl should not be over 100, but optimally should be closer to 70-80. Depending on how much gh you use, it can raise your bgl anywhere from 10-30 points on average.

broscience and completely dosage dependent

my personal experience is that you can run pre workout slin indefinitely without it touching your fasting blood sugar levels AT ALL. 10-15iu humalog.
this only works with once a day use and only with rapid insulin.
ive ran pre workout slin for months on end 5x a week and my FBS never even went close to 80 in the mornings. actually its usually around 70 or even slightly lower.
no GH use.

Also I believe that choosing to run an R type insulin makes more sense to run for a lengthy amount of time and is less likely to go hypo and insulin resistant.

its actually exactly the opposite.
the faster the better.

chronically elevated blood sugar levels
cause insulin resistance (from high doses of GH).
chronically elevated insulin levels cause insulin resistance too.

HOWEVER rapid insulin is active for 2-4 hours max. unless you use it with every meal you wont ever get chronically elevated insulin levels with humalog/novolog.
regular (R) insulin lasts MUCH MUCH longer. very bad choice. time rapid insulin properly and you wont go hypo. faster is a much better choice imo.

Last edited:
Ive been on gh for 2 months and slin for 5 weeks. My fiance is a type 1 so i randomly check in the mornings when we wake up. Im sitting at 75-80. I only use humalog once a day 10iu pre.

Last edited:
broscience and completely dosage dependent

my personal experience is that you can run pre workout slin indefinitely without it touching your fasting blood sugar levels AT ALL. 10-15iu humalog.
this only works with once a day use and only with rapid insulin.
ive ran pre workout slin for months on end 5x a week and my FBS never even went close to 80 in the mornings. actually its usually around 70 or even slightly lower.
no GH use.

its actually exactly the opposite.
the faster the better.

chronically elevated blood sugar levels
cause insulin resistance (from high doses of GH).
chronically elevated insulin levels cause insulin resistance too.

HOWEVER rapid insulin is active for 2-4 hours max. unless you use it with every meal you wont ever get chronically elevated insulin levels with humalog/novolog.
regular (R) insulin lasts MUCH MUCH longer. very bad choice. time rapid insulin properly and you wont go hypo. faster is a much better choice imo.

I don't believe in running slin indefinitely because the individual WILL eventually become insulin resistant eventually and results will eventually taper off. I've seen in first hand from experience and those of my closest friends who have run slin many times. Whatever you chose to do with your body is your decision, but please do not encourage others to run slin forever especially when they have very limited or no knowledge on the subject.

I'm running 10iu gh 5x per week and my carb intake is around 600g + daily... that in and of itself is gonna raise FBG.

I am also now running 1500mg of berberine a day with milk thistle and GDA's 3x daily...

Ice found with 20 iu log post workout 4 x a week fasting BG stays in the low 60s so no difference. Gh has never affected it at all even at 10iu riptropin ed. Very heavy bulking with a real diet diet is the only thing that affects it for me. If i see good abs in know my fasting BG is fine. Fat gain the only ribbon that effects it for me. Never used or needed gda either

I don't believe in running slin indefinitely because the individual WILL eventually become insulin resistant eventually and results will eventually taper off. I've seen in first hand from experience and those of my closest friends who have run slin many times. Whatever you chose to do with your body is your decision, but please do not encourage others to run slin forever especially when they have very limited or no knowledge on the subject.

i agree on your point that everyone SHOULD gather lots of knowledge on insulin before touching it for BB purposes. actually diabetics should do so too.
however insulin resistance is just very unlikely to happen with once a day use of rapid insulin...
unless you use it multiple times a day and/or in HUGE dosages (20+ iu at once).
if you let yourself become hypo very often that also increases the chances of developing a tolerance imo.

HOWEVER rapid insulin is basically even faster than your endogenous insulin and endogenous insulin doesnt make you resistant either. unless you spike it up 24/7 of course. same with rapid exo insulin

i agree on your point that everyone SHOULD gather lots of knowledge on insulin before touching it for BB purposes. actually diabetics should do so too.
however insulin resistance is just very unlikely to happen with once a day use of rapid insulin...
unless you use it multiple times a day and/or in HUGE dosages (20+ iu at once).
if you let yourself become hypo very often that also increases the chances of developing a tolerance imo.

HOWEVER rapid insulin is basically even faster than your endogenous insulin and endogenous insulin doesnt make you resistant either. unless you spike it up 24/7 of course. same with rapid exo insulin

Absolutely. Apologies to all for my previous post . I was tired and auto correct fucked me over

Unless your coompeting I don't see a point to use insulin.
Especially you younger guys make sure you read as much as you can before touching slin.

Insulin is effective and safe provided you know how to use it. I don't know why you wouldn't want to use it, even if you don't compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so everyone is aware. There's been some discrepancies on readings between different glucose meters.

As well; the volume of hematocrit levels can give false readings, those that are polycthemic will show false lows, in contrast those with anemia will show false high glucose levels. There's other things that can give a false reading such as dehydration, squeezing fingertip too hard as well traces of sugar on your finger tip that's being used as testing<--- improper cleaning.

Last edited:
good thing you added that stewie... squeezing out the blood can give VERY skewed numbers. you wouldnt think that but you really have to let it drip out by itself.
ive actually done some testing on myself and i sometimes had blood sugar readings that were 20 points higher (vs measuring correctly) simply because i squeezed out the blood.

Just so everyone is aware. There's been some discrepancies on readings between different glucose meters.

As well; the volume of hematocrit levels can give false readings, those that are polycthemic will show false lows, in contrast those with anemia will show false high glucose levels. There's other things that can give a false reading such as dehydration, squeezing fingertip too hard as well traces of sugar on your finger tip that's being used as testing<--- improper cleaning.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding. If your hematocrit is too high, your fasted glucose levels will be skewed? Will they appear lower than they really are?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding. If your hematocrit is too high, your fasted glucose levels will be skewed? Will they appear lower than they really are?

Yes there will be a deviation if one's hematocrit is elevated. I don't remember off the top of my head the absolute percentage of an abnormality. I wanna say 8-10 points +/-.

Same as aforementioned with squeezing blood out, this can really throw off the true glucose levels.

Yes there will be a deviation if one's hematocrit is elevated. I don't remember off the top of my head the absolute percentage of an abnormality. I wanna say 8-10 points +/-.

Same as aforementioned with squeezing blood out, this can really throw off the true glucose levels.

Stewie,

This is really good information. The glucose could be 8-10 points up or down if hematocrit is elevated. Do you know if it is generally up or down?

Thanks

Stewie,

This is really good information. The glucose could be 8-10 points up or down if hematocrit is elevated. Do you know if it is generally up or down?

Thanks

Lower

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner