over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fastes cardio intensity

Dtropin

Registered
Newbies
I've been waking up early to do fasted cardio for nearly a decade now. Almost always incline walking on a treadmill, with heartrate at 115-120 (resting HR usually in low 60s). However, it feels like I haven't progressed in years as far as my cardiovascular fitness, and with my recent bloodwork having high cholesterol (not using any AAS or AIs near bloodwork, strict diet), I wonder if I need to increase intensity, or maybe add some higher intensity cardio on off days from lifting.

What do you guys recommend/do yourselves for cardio? My main concern is overdoing it, and detracting from weight lifting. Appreciate your input.

This is just my opinion, everyone is different, but to maximize the effects of empty stomach am cardio I'm of the belief you should be doing HIIT. I like to do the stairs. Usually do 2-3 minutes of around 60 steps per minute then I do 1 minute bursts of 110-120 steps per minute. Do this for 30 minutes. I get off the stairs and start sipping on my intra-workout shake of carbs, aminos, etc... and start lifting.

This is just my opinion, everyone is different, but to maximize the effects of empty stomach am cardio I'm of the belief you should be doing HIIT. I like to do the stairs. Usually do 2-3 minutes of around 60 steps per minute then I do 1 minute bursts of 110-120 steps per minute. Do this for 30 minutes. I get off the stairs and start sipping on my intra-workout shake of carbs, aminos, etc... and start lifting.
Do you take any BCAAs or EAAs beforehand?

HIIT is your answer

Depending on your goal. Is it just for cardiovascular health - HIT is the answer. For fat loss - any cardio machine works as long as you’re burning calories. it doesn’t have to be fasted..

Depending on your goal. Is it just for cardiovascular health - HIT is the answer. For fat loss - any cardio machine works as long as you’re burning calories. it doesn’t have to be fasted..
Both would be preferable 😁, but yeah cardiovascular health is the priority. Morning fasted cardio is easiest for me, motivation and time wise, I was just worried about muscle loss from higher intensity, especially while not on AAS.

I don't. Just HGH and black coffee lol. I drink BCAAs and EAAs right after during my lift.
I would guess HGH is offsetting any catabolism from your cardio then. I am using cjc dac and ghrp-2, but I do not dose ghrp-2 until post workout, as I have been told it can cause heart enlargement if taken pre workout. Hopefully cjc dac will prevent catabolism in my case. Thanks for the info.

I would guess HGH is offsetting any catabolism from your cardio then. I am using cjc dac and ghrp-2, but I do not dose ghrp-2 until post workout, as I have been told it can cause heart enlargement if taken pre workout. Hopefully cjc dac will prevent catabolism in my case. Thanks for the info.

I'm only on 2iu of GH right now so I don't think its really giving me any anti-catabolic effects, especially no hyperplasia. I think worrying about catabolism for 30 min of HIIT cardio is overkill unless you competing. Could I be experiencing it a little, sure, but I'm not going to start overthinking, especially with peptides and shit. I'm confident I'm maintaining the same lean muscle content by drinking my shake right after and keeping my calories up during the day.

I'm only on 2iu of GH right now so I don't think its really giving me any anti-catabolic effects, especially no hyperplasia. I think worrying about catabolism for 30 min of HIIT cardio is overkill unless you competing. Could I be experiencing it a little, sure, but I'm not going to start overthinking, especially with peptides and shit. I'm confident I'm maintaining the same lean muscle content by drinking my shake right after and keeping my calories up during the day.
Got ya, I must be overthinking it. Do you find 2 ius pre cardio to significantly speed fat loss?

For me, HIIT is great for burning fat and cardio health, but impedes leg recovery. A variable speed and incline works best for me. You may be different, and I wasn't on anything last time I did that type of cardio, for what it's worth.

What is your diet like, I have a reason for asking this, not saying your diet sucks.

Got ya, I must be overthinking it. Do you find 2 ius pre cardio to significantly speed fat loss?

Lol yeah maybe overthinking a little... So for me its strange, I don't get the amazing fat loss everyone always posts about. I think it's more about maintaining my weight and keeping my shape. Lol don't know how to describe it but the veins below my waist and my hips are more pronounced when I'm on GH. Def does not get rid of that belly button area baby fat for me. I'm 100% on my own when it comes to that shit for better or worse.

1-24.jpg

HIIT is so good! But in general just break it up. Do treadmill one day bike the next. With better weather on the way do wind sprints out side. Do stuff you never do. Body adjust way easy, plus make it more interesting.
Some times we do sprints right in the gym parking lot.

What is your diet like, I have a reason for asking this, not saying your diet sucks.
About a year ago I started keto and got into the best shape of my life, but then in December I went in for a physical and had very high cholesterol (350). So I switched to a more traditional bodybuilding diet: white rice, chicken breasts, fruit, some eggs, veggies, and beef etc. And just kept feeling worse and worse and gaining fat, not progressing at all in the gym.

About 2 weeks ago I said fuck it and switched back to keto, I'm feeling a lot better and progressing in the gym again, and dont feel like such a lard ass. But I'm trying to do keto and manage my cholesterol, which is a big reason why I started this thread as I am hoping higher intensity cardio lowers my cholesterol.

So the answer is that it has changed a lot recently, but right now all I really eat is: eggs, fish, green leafy vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, cucumber, coconut oil, grass fed butter, avocado oil, pea protein powder, chia seeds, and flax seeds.

And thank you for all the replies everyone, very much appreciated. This morning I did HIIT on the treadmill, 12 cycles of:
1 minute jogging on an incline
1 minute walking on an incline

I haven't done higher intensity cardio in a long time, it felt good.

I use the elliptical for steady state cardio once or twice a week for about an hour, but HIIT really help dropped my resting heart rate. I prefer an Airdyne bike. 20secs all out, 1 min rest, after about 6 intervals I'm done.

About a year ago I started keto and got into the best shape of my life, but then in December I went in for a physical and had very high cholesterol (350). So I switched to a more traditional bodybuilding diet: white rice, chicken breasts, fruit, some eggs, veggies, and beef etc. And just kept feeling worse and worse and gaining fat, not progressing at all in the gym.

About 2 weeks ago I said fuck it and switched back to keto, I'm feeling a lot better and progressing in the gym again, and dont feel like such a lard ass. But I'm trying to do keto and manage my cholesterol, which is a big reason why I started this thread as I am hoping higher intensity cardio lowers my cholesterol.

So the answer is that it has changed a lot recently, but right now all I really eat is: eggs, fish, green leafy vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, cucumber, coconut oil, grass fed butter, avocado oil, pea protein powder, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
OK this is what I was looking for.

1. Do not give two fucks about your cholesterol, it has a fucking job to do and that is to transport fatty acids around your body to be used in various places and tissues, if you are on a higher fat diet then you NEED more cholesterol. You need to look at the overall picture of cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL. Please go get your cholesterol (blood lipids panel) done again BUT I want you to fast for 12 hours before you get blood drawn....Trust me LOL do this and report back to me your results.

2. If you are on a very low carbohydrate diet then do LISS cardio. Save the glycogen for weight training, don't burn it up doing HIIT cardio. You want to burn as much fat as possible since you are providing your body with plenty of fat and not much glucose your body is willing to free up fatty acids from fat stores and now you want to burn them through low intensity excersise.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear