over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fastes cardio intensity

Also if you want to lower your cholesterol just to make your doctor happy then increase your protein to energy ratio. Simply up your protein and lower carbs and fats

But do the 12 hour fast and repeat blood work first as I asked! Im sure you will be suprised

OK this is what I was looking for.

1. Do not give two fucks about your cholesterol, it has a fucking job to do and that is to transport fatty acids around your body to be used in various places and tissues, if you are on a higher fat diet then you NEED more cholesterol. You need to look at the overall picture of cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL. Please go get your cholesterol (blood lipids panel) done again BUT I want you to fast for 12 hours before you get blood drawn....Trust me LOL do this and report back to me your results.

2. If you are on a very low carbohydrate diet then do LISS cardio. Save the glycogen for weight training, don't burn it up doing HIIT cardio. You want to burn as much fat as possible since you are providing your body with plenty of fat and not much glucose your body is willing to free up fatty acids from fat stores and now you want to burn them through low intensity excersise.
Thank you so much b-boy, you are the man. I will try and get blood drawn tomorrow morning and will have those results for you soon.

Also if you want to lower your cholesterol just to make your doctor happy then increase your protein to energy ratio. Simply up your protein and lower carbs and fats

But do the 12 hour fast and repeat blood work first as I asked! Im sure you will be suprised
For how long would you recommend I eat high protein low fat/carbs to lower cholesterol and make my PCP happy? I'm due to be retested through him in 2-4 months.

For how long would you recommend I eat high protein low fat/carbs to lower cholesterol and make my PCP happy? I'm due to be retested through him in 2-4 months.
If you will just make sure to fast for at least 12 hour....IT HAS TO BE A MINIMUM OF 12 HOURS! Your cholesterol will drop drastically. Remember blood work is just a "snap shot" in time of what's going on in your body. I can manipulate my lipids so much it blows my doctors mind. All I say when my lipids aren't where my doctor likes them I just say "give me three days" and my doc. Starts laughing cause she knows I can drastically change them.

Try to switch from lots of coconut oil and grass fed butter to avocados and olive oil. Might help. Might not.

How long should i fast after cardio, to maximize fat burn? Ideally, would love to fast from 6pm till noon the next day, but i am ravenous 1 hr after cardio

I agree, HITT if you want to improve cardiovascular funtion. I run up the hill then walk down the hill, repeat. Easy HIIT and i love feeling the stretch and working the muscles. It can prob hinder leg recovery but i trick myself into thinking it shuttles out the shit and gets me ready for another leg day lol

Another tip, just turn your brain off and work hard, try it for a few weeks see if it works for you. Its easy to think of good reasons to not do something, but if you always do what you always done youll always get what you always got, and it sounds like youre up for a change up

my thoughts

from what ive read the people that know their shit say fasted cardio has no benefit, its all about weekly calories in vs calories out. I still play it safe and do my cardio as fasted as possible but you may be doing more harm than good if your spending your time making extra trips to the gym just do to your cardio fasted, just get it in.

HIIT is good, never had it impede recovery. anyone doing 1 minute all out intervals or 30 minutes, thats not HIIT IMO. HIIT is intense, 15-20 scones, no one can go 100 percent for a whole minute. I do 20 all out and then 40 half ass on a spin bike. or do sprints. I cant see how an elliptical or treadmill could be real HIIT, just a bastardized version of it, seems dangerous on the treadmill. stepmill is ok but to me either a bike or sprints are ideal for true HIIT where you go all out.

How long should i fast after cardio, to maximize fat burn? Ideally, would love to fast from 6pm till noon the next day, but i am ravenous 1 hr after cardio

I think it only matters if you take yohimbine. fasted cardio seems like it has been debunked and I have researched it quite a bit because I used to swear by it.

my thoughts

from what ive read the people that know their shit say fasted cardio has no benefit, its all about weekly calories in vs calories out. I still play it safe and do my cardio as fasted as possible but you may be doing more harm than good if your spending your time making extra trips to the gym just do to your cardio fasted, just get it in.

HIIT is good, never had it impede recovery. anyone doing 1 minute all out intervals or 30 minutes, thats not HIIT IMO. HIIT is intense, 15-20 scones, no one can go 100 percent for a whole minute. I do 20 all out and then 40 half ass on a spin bike. or do sprints. I cant see how an elliptical or treadmill could be real HIIT, just a bastardized version of it, seems dangerous on the treadmill. stepmill is ok but to me either a bike or sprints are ideal for true HIIT where you go all out.
I have a treadmill in my garage, and also I just wake up brutally early as is, can't sleep in at all, up at 2 am this morning. So fasted cardio is extremely convenient for me.

If you will just make sure to fast for at least 12 hour....IT HAS TO BE A MINIMUM OF 12 HOURS! Your cholesterol will drop drastically. Remember blood work is just a "snap shot" in time of what's going on in your body. I can manipulate my lipids so much it blows my doctors mind. All I say when my lipids aren't where my doctor likes them I just say "give me three days" and my doc. Starts laughing cause she knows I can drastically change them.
Just got the labs back, this was after fasting for 14 hours 48 minutes. Thanks again for the advice, almost in range. I will try and fast for 16 hours before I get blood drawn for my PCP.
20200220_070300.png

I would like to eat 1 hour later of the fasting cardio, but since I hate getting up early and I wake up late, I have to eat when I finish the cardio so that the rest of the day's meals are not delayed. But if you do intermittent fasting, you should not have trouble eating many hours later than your cardio.

Just got the labs back, this was after fasting for 14 hours 48 minutes. Thanks again for the advice, almost in range. I will try and fast for 16 hours before I get blood drawn for my PCP.
View attachment 114121
OK so you are on a higher fat diet so cholesterol and LDL have increased to transport and package higher amount of fat in your diet, there is nothing wrong in this situation, as long as the LDL particles don't get oxidized or glycated (with a ketogenic whole food diet it wont) you are fine and healthy. Keep seed oils out of your diet.

If you want to lower the highs on that blood work then change the protein to energy ratio in your diet by eating a higher protein, low carb, and lower the fat in your diet some to where your carb and fat total is slightly lower than your protein total in your diet.

View attachment 114121
Thank GOD, I have a smart doctor, she would laugh at those numbers and say, "considering your diet" those numbers are exactly where I thought they would be.
Your HDL and triglycerides are normal, if triglycerides were high also then I would be concerned. This is not medical advice, talk with your doc, but make sure they understand you W.O.E. and it's effect on blood lipids.

This... HITT on an elliptical is very underestimated.. If done correctly, it can be brutal, yet display great results.

I agree 100%. This is my go to, with in 2 min I am sweating like a pig. I only do it for 20 min am and than 20 min pm after weights. Shreds fat

Thank GOD, I have a smart doctor, she would laugh at those numbers and say, "considering your diet" those numbers are exactly where I thought they would be.
Your HDL and triglycerides are normal, if triglycerides were high also then I would be concerned. This is not medical advice, talk with your doc, but make sure they understand you W.O.E. and it's effect on blood lipids.
Triglycerides of 78 is pretty freaking good, below 70 is USUALLY a sign of good metabolic flexibility and metabolic health, if your triglycerides get in triple digits (above 100) then it's time to diet down and lower the energy ratio in your diet as it's a sign of over energy abundance.

OK so you are on a higher fat diet so cholesterol and LDL have increased to transport and package higher amount of fat in your diet, there is nothing wrong in this situation, as long as the LDL particles don't get oxidized or glycated (with a ketogenic whole food diet it wont) you are fine and healthy. Keep seed oils out of your diet.

If you want to lower the highs on that blood work then change the protein to energy ratio in your diet by eating a higher protein, low carb, and lower the fat in your diet some to where your carb and fat total is slightly lower than your protein total in your diet.
Wealth of info here, I saved all of these posts. I will remove the minimal amount of seed oils from my diet!

I agree 100%. This is my go to, with in 2 min I am sweating like a pig. I only do it for 20 min am and than 20 min pm after weights. Shreds fat
There's a video I have to find it and post it for you.. if you seen this dude you'll probably click off, like no joke bro,he actually has a pretty legit explanation of a good template hitt session.. I only use it because he actually goes the distance and puts a timer on the screen when it's time to increase and decrease..
I have the saved, let me go and dig it up..

You ever crouch down and lean back holding onto the rails going reverse strides? You won't be able to put your wallet in your back pocket for a couple days..

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear