over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting cardio....

kalika

Banned
I always use the search engine first before posting, but have yet to find this answer. When people say fasting cardio is that waking up in the AM and going to the gym fasting or is it an actual 2-3 day fast that consists strictly of cardio? I need to shed some weight and I am very interested in this method. Thank you very much.

Fasting Cardio= working out in the AM before eating.

Keep in mind that you can easily disrupt your electrolyte balance by doing excessive cardio and drinking large volumes of water, that results in excessive urination. When I see people that want to shed weight quickly. I have a feeling that some tend to neglect too replenish with essential minerals. And skimp on the use of salt→iodine/sodium.

Certain prescription medicine's can exacerbate one's electrolyte balance, while doing excessive cardio. Without proper replenishment of electrolytes ie; ACE inhibitors can enhance sodium excretion with some people. Excessive sweating can cause sodium and chloride levels to drop. Which can bring on hyponatremia. Not good.

I emphasized more on the potential of sodium/chloride loss, as there's a possible disruption of Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous and Potassium also.

Lose weight smart and healthy :)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that you can easily disrupt your electrolyte balance by doing excessive cardio and drinking large volumes of water, that results in excessive urination. When I see people that want to shed weight quickly. I have a feeling that some tend to neglect too replenish with essential minerals. And skimp on the use of salt→iodine/sodium.

Certain prescription medicine's can exacerbate one's electrolyte balance, while doing excessive cardio. Without proper replenishment of electrolytes ie; ACE inhibitors can enhance sodium excretion with some people. Excessive sweating can cause sodium and chloride levels to drop. Which can bring on hyponatremia. Not good.

I emphasized more on the potential of sodium/chloride loss, as there's a possible disruption of Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous and Potassium also.

EXCELLENT POST.

While on a low carb diet, salt is NOT your enemy. Lack of is.

I always use the search engine first before posting, but have yet to find this answer. When people say fasting cardio is that waking up in the AM and going to the gym fasting or is it an actual 2-3 day fast that consists strictly of cardio? I need to shed some weight and I am very interested in this method. Thank you very much.

Always do my cardio fasted in the AM..... For me, that works best

Thank you for sharing Stewie. I am aware of this. Thanks man!

Back when I did cardio at the gym I would do low impact cardio. Put the incline on about 12, speed 3 - 3.5 mph and walk for 30-45 mins. If I remember correctly I'd burn about 375 - 450 cals. This did not include riding my bike everywhere and surfing. At that time, my metabolism was through the roof and I couldn't gain weight and break 200lbs ( I know laugh, I was a lightweight ) for nothing.

This was back in 2009ish though. Now, I think my metabolism has slowed, so we shall see. Now at 210lbs and 5'10" I wanna get back under 2 bills cause that is when I felt the best. Carrying around this extra weight, mainly only on my obliques, is bugging me.

Also, I have no deadline to loose this weight and I already cleaned up my diet.

Last edited:
Very good way to do cardio..I suggest taking some bcaa powder before the run. Just helps with preserving muscle.

I use to get the optimum 5000 bcaa which was a little chunky. I am now looking into synthetek products knowing 2lbs of whey isolate is filled to the top of the jug unlike all these companies from gnc and vit shop. I use to use BB.com for all my supps and may end up using them again.

Last tub of protein from gnc I bought was optimum hydro builder and was half filled, was over 50 or 60 bucks for like 2.5 lbs. So as of now, I am undecided on who to use for my glutamine, bcaa, and whey isolate. I did love the MHP Glutamine SR which was so fine and micronized. I loved that stuff, but 50 bucks for 1000 grams. I guess that isn't that bad.

Very good way to do cardio..I suggest taking some bcaa powder before the run. Just helps with preserving muscle.

Better still peptides or gh:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Do you think that may be the cause of that weird chemical smell some of us experience while working out?

Do you think that may be the cause of that weird chemical smell some of us experience while working out?

There may be a relationship of mineral depletion through sweating that may cause some too excrete different aromas. Those that eat a high protein/low carb diet tend to have more of sweat stinking of ammonia. Not sure if that's what you might be smelling?

Sex hormones can ie; estrogen(s) and testosterone greatly out of proportion can make some people really reek.

People with Liver and kidney diseases can have very foul smelling sweat.

Merry Christmas Miss Q, and pass on too Queefer, Merry Christmas also :) hope to see you guys back around here, miss you guys posting :(

Last edited:
The only thing I like to do fasted is eat breakfast :D

If funds allowed it sammy, just me bro....GH would be in my arsenal. I am confused with all the peps out these days.

I know all about the funds my man. Ghrp2/ mod grf 90 minutes pre cardio and pre bed works out cheap and keeps you nicely anti catabolic as well as increasing fat burning efficiency. Lately I've been doing some non fasted cardio with carbs in the system and the body temp and sweat is unreal and kinda makes me question if fasted cardio is the best approach. That's a whole other can of worms I don't want to open though. Each to there own. I do a little of both to be sure but don't like fasted cardio as I drag ass big time.

I actually remember seeing someone post a couple months ago that consuming BCAA's pre-fasted cardio is counterproductive. I forgot the reason why. Maybe someone can chime in.

I actually remember seeing someone post a couple months ago that consuming BCAA's pre-fasted cardio is counterproductive. I forgot the reason why. Maybe someone can chime in.

Because they are insulinogenic and the whole point of fasted cardio is to keep low insulin levels to maximize lipolysis. This is assuming that lipolysis rather than oxidisation or blood flow is the bottle neck and that's a big assumption. I doubt bcaa inhibit fat burning to any noticeable degree but that's just my opinion

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner