over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting cardio....

Do you think that may be the cause of that weird chemical smell some of us experience while working out?

There may be a relationship of mineral depletion through sweating that may cause some too excrete different aromas. Those that eat a high protein/low carb diet tend to have more of sweat stinking of ammonia. Not sure if that's what you might be smelling?

Sex hormones can ie; estrogen(s) and testosterone greatly out of proportion can make some people really reek.

People with Liver and kidney diseases can have very foul smelling sweat.

Merry Christmas Miss Q, and pass on too Queefer, Merry Christmas also :) hope to see you guys back around here, miss you guys posting :(

Isn't the smell from amino acids partly being broken down into ammonia?

Because they are insulinogenic and the whole point of fasted cardio is to keep low insulin levels to maximize lipolysis. This is assuming that lipolysis rather than oxidisation or blood flow is the bottle neck and that's a big assumption. I doubt bcaa inhibit fat burning to any noticeable degree but that's just my opinion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wasnt aware BCAA's raised insulin appreciate the heads up.

=Knight9;1785216]Isn't the smell from amino acids partly being broken down into ammonia?

Yes, which is caused by high levels of urea, that's a byproduct of amino acids and protein broken down. When Urea and the nitrogenous waste of amino acids form together, this creates ammonia in the gastrointestinal tract, which eventually is excreted through sweat glands and urination.

I know all about the funds my man. Ghrp2/ mod grf 90 minutes pre cardio and pre bed works out cheap and keeps you nicely anti catabolic as well as increasing fat burning efficiency. Lately I've been doing some non fasted cardio with carbs in the system and the body temp and sweat is unreal and kinda makes me question if fasted cardio is the best approach. That's a whole other can of worms I don't want to open though. Each to there own. I do a little of both to be sure but don't like fasted cardio as I drag ass big time.

Thanks a lot sammy. I'll surely look into both. :)

Wasnt aware BCAA's raised insulin appreciate the heads up.

I belive it's the leucine that's the main culprit

What about heart rate? What's the consensus on that, for me I need challenging, make me sweat and breathe cardio. How does a guy do that while minimizing muscle loss while maximizing fat loss?

There may be a relationship of mineral depletion through sweating that may cause some too excrete different aromas. Those that eat a high protein/low carb diet tend to have more of sweat stinking of ammonia. Not sure if that's what you might be smelling?

Sex hormones can ie; estrogen(s) and testosterone greatly out of proportion can make some people really reek.

People with Liver and kidney diseases can have very foul smelling sweat.

Merry Christmas Miss Q, and pass on too Queefer, Merry Christmas also :) hope to see you guys back around here, miss you guys posting :(

The ammonia smell is what I was referring to, and come to think of it, I have only smelled that when dieting with low carbs and high protein. Q and I have had to throw clothes away because of it.

Thanks so much for the kind words Stewie, we really appreciate it! Q and I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas as well!:)

I actually remember seeing someone post a couple months ago that consuming BCAA's pre-fasted cardio is counterproductive. I forgot the reason why. Maybe someone can chime in.

Seems to be a bit confusing.

Last edited:
What about heart rate? What's the consensus on that, for me I need challenging, make me sweat and breathe cardio. How does a guy do that while minimizing muscle loss while maximizing fat loss?

Intervals. Hard ones, but not too many.

After a 3-4 minute warm-up, a maximum of 8-10 work intervals of 30 seconds each with 30-120 second rests between
each.

Start with long rests and reduce them as your conditioning improves. To determine the proper intensity for the exercise, set whatever resistance on your machine (elliptical, for example), choose a weight (if doing squats for intervals, for example), or a cadence (on a rowing ergometer, for example), so that you can just barely complete the last 30s work interval at 100% effort.

That's correct. Worst case scenario, though, is that any glucose in the blood is quickly cleared by the increased insulin level, burned by the first few intervals, and then the fat and amino acids are next on the list for use as fuel.

Worse than a bit of insulin, imo, is using muscle for fuel, which is what happens during fasted cardio without BCAAs/leucine.

That's correct. Worst case scenario, though, is that any glucose in the blood is quickly cleared by the increased insulin level, burned by the first few intervals, and then the fat and amino acids are next on the list for use as fuel.

Worse than a bit of insulin, imo, is using muscle for fuel, which is what happens during fasted cardio without BCAAs/leucine.

Agreed. That's why I said I doubt they hinder things much if at all really. I still prefer peps or gh. They keep me more than anti catabolic enough and release all that ffa to be burnt as fuel:) in starting this summers cut lean enough that cardio won't be needed anyway. A little post workout as I use gh pre and send a shame not to burn a little ffa but that's it. Don't enjoy cardio at all tbh

Last edited:
Yes, which is caused by high levels of urea, that's a byproduct of amino acids and protein broken down. When Urea and the nitrogenous waste of amino acids form together, this creates ammonia in the gastrointestinal tract, which eventually is excreted through sweat glands and urination.

isnt Urea the stuff that breaks down into uric acid and causes gout?

btw.... I so kifed your signature. I've read many of your posts but never read your sig until today. Golden!

Yes, I believe so. Leucine is effective Post workout for this very reason, correct? I was told that alanine is a safe bet to take before fasted cardio.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws