over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System

I don't think I could make the 72 hours nor do I think that length of time is absolutely needed...if I remember correctly the cellular benefits would begin around 24 hours in and for SURE by 36-48 they'd begin to max out...but that is purely speculation I don't have lab results or studies to back up that belief.

I love intermittent fasting...somewhat eat what I want most days a week when I train and do a ~20 hour fast 2 days a week. Keeps me pretty lean and the fasted days oddly I have MORE mental clarity and feel fine... week 1-2 sucked but once you get used to it and learn to stay BUSY it's easy. Body weight stayed about the same but got leaner and strength went UP. On the fed days you consume maintenance to slightly over maint calories and get MORE carbs than what you would on a carb cycle style diet...

I've tried 3-4 days fasted and lost a bunch of weight...didn't want to take it further than 9-10% bodyfat so swapped back to the 5 fed days and 2 fasted to maintain and so far so good.

On the subject of immunity....EVERYONE around me got the flu (and 2 even got pneumonia)...even with my up early to train and working several things now long hours...I think I sneezed once. lol Didn't get sick at all. Study of ONE I know but...the body really was "designed" and intended to fast for periods of time.

Very cool

I have fasted for about 60 hours before, I think that's my record

You get to a point and you're not even hungry any more, it's odd

I only ate out of boredom

I do love eating a meal and watching a youtube video

Everyone should fast at least 12 hours per day. Its whats metabolically normal.

However, 72 hours of fasting in mice is NOT 72h of fasting in humans. 24h of fasting in rodents is approximately 5-7 days of fasting in humans. So unless you fast for one week you shouldn’t expect similar effects as a > 24h fast in rodents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t fast for more then 12 hours. I get so hungry constantly I just couldn’t cope lol

I can only go About 16 hours. I do enjoy fasting 12h everyday though.

The point of this place is to share info, don’t be a dick.

I had a debate with a fat fuck at the gym in the sauna who was on a “water fast”, he tried telling me that working out was all bs and what he was doing is healthy. His cardio was cold showers, yes cold showers and only cold showers, and he looked like a walking pile of shit while telling me this and what I’m doing is all wrong. I made some pretty good points to him but you know when someone is brain washed into thinking what they’re doing is right by reading a bunch of super bias articles online, you can’t convince them of anything else.

I can see how in theory it could have a benefit to starving the body but it goes against my common sense that it wouldn’t be just beneficial if not more to say perhaps just eat green veggies for a few days instead.

Francis you did not do a good job.

I wouldn't be thinking in my head what u thought i would actually tell him

Dont worry next time you can correct your mistake..

Tell him..

"You fat fuck that water fast and cold showers is clearly not working cos you look like a walking pile of shit"!

and after that while he is entering into a Omg squezed dick mode I want you to finish it off with a scary most muscular...

IN HIS FACE

Now there is a good lad [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I cant really fast any more, i die, literally, i get dizzy and just have an overall feeling like crap

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Very cool

I have fasted for about 60 hours before, I think that's my record

You get to a point and you're not even hungry any more, it's odd

I only ate out of boredom

I do love eating a meal and watching a youtube video

I did 3 days once, drank magnesium citrate too to wash out my bowel. The first day and a half was kinda hard for me, but like you said eventually you aren't even hungry anymore. I think I lost about 2 or 3 lbs when I did it. After I was done I felt like I had more energy than before and I was actually in a better mood too. Prior to the fast I was a bit depressed. The plan I followed had me drinking chicken or beef broth for meals so that I would replenish my salts and electrolytes. I took my normal supplements.

Last edited:
I did 3 days once, drank magnesium citrate too to wash out my bowel. The first day and a half was kinda hard for me, but like you said eventually you aren't even hungry anymore. I think I lost about 2 or 3 lbs when I did it. After I was done I felt like I had more energy than before and I was actually in a better mood too. Prior to the fast I was a bit depressed. The plan I followed had me drinking chicken or beef broth for meals so that I would replenish my salts and electrolytes. I took my normal supplements.
I do this exact protocol about 1-2 times a year just kind of as a "reset". Also used a fiber supplement.

Biggest benefit for me was mental clarity.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

insulin sensitivity....perhaps

Seems to reset my metabolism....no such thing

Insulin sensitivity is part of metabolism. Impact insulin sensitivity and downstream metabolism is by definition is effected. But thanks for being pedantic.

You’re talking about intermittent fasting, yea I definitely think that works and I’ve done it myself. The info is talking about straight not eating for 3 days and the fat fuck at the gym says he only drinks water on weekdays.

That shit i think doesn’t make as much sense as simply eating for example only green veggies for 3 days. What’s the benefit of just not eating for days?

The benefit is giving your digestive system a break from digestion entirely. Eating greens is still eating, even if the calories are minimal.

I'm not advocating fasting but the reported benefits from fasting that Rhonda Patrick and a few others (can't recall researchers off the top of my head) have studied comes letting the digestive system reset, not from the calorie restriction that comes from fasting.

I've done a couple 36 hour fasts and a 60 hr in the past (no caffeine, gum, etc only water). Definitely wouldn't do it frequently but I did feel amazing coming off it. Kind of like getting back to lifting after taking a 3-4 day break when you're feeling worn down from extended training cycles.

Valter Longo has supposedly had better results with his Time Restricted Feeding protocol than the keto diet has in treating cancer patients.

I saw an interview where he said his mentor was one of the original IF researchers who locked themselves away for months to test.

Never really looked farther into it but it was interesting.

the first few weeks/months ive felt extremely crappy. Until i have read an article about salt. After adding a sea salt to my water during fasts i feel much much better. And dont be greedy with the salt, you need plenty during the fast or you will feel like death

As someone practicing IF most of the time (anywhere from 10 to 18h) and that once in while goes through 1+ day fasting (most I've done is 56 hours... while feeling GREAT), I can vouch for SALT/ salty water/ sodium... by far the best piece of advice one could receive before starting a fast. :)

the fasted days oddly I have MORE mental clarity and feel fine... week 1-2 sucked but once you get used to it and learn to stay BUSY it's easy.

Not odd at all... in most cases, think of food (and most of the time overabundance of) as a poison or toxic... remove toxins, give your body a break, feel great again. :)

We mainly eat, especially in western society, out of habit or pleasure (or in BBrs' case because it's needed to build muscle)... if it was just a matter of health, "we" as a whole should eat MUCH LESS overall and drastically change our eating habits.

I usually do 10-12 hours everyday but not because I follow some fasting protocol i just follow my body. sleep 8 hours, coffee and choirs then get around to breakfast.

It seems a lot of pseudoscience, I'm sorry but I will not try a dry fast, lol.

№6. Intensive weight loss, mostly at the expense of fats.
The metabolism changes in the course of dry fasting, which facilitates effective weight loss and long-term weight stabilization. Fat deposits are burnt three times faster during dry fasting than during water fasting.

And muscular catabolism?

Moreover, as we have mentioned, dry fasting does not result in the significant loss of muscle mass and is therefore the best way to treat obesity.

Really?

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics