over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I found this information that thought some of you may enjoy:

There has long been controversy surrounding the potential benefits or hazards of fasting. On one hand, supporters of fasting point to the many benefits that they claim fasting provides. This includes promoting weight loss, normalizing insulin sensitivity, lowering triglyceride levels in the body and slowing the signs of aging. There are a number of different ‘fasting plans’ ranging from intermittent fasting lasting, on average, 14 to 18 hours to longer-term plans abstaining from solid foods for 2 to 3 days. Each is said to carry their own benefits and challenges, offering options for everyone.

Many nutritionists and medical professionals argue that fasting is nothing more than an unsupported trend, and carries with it a number of health risks that should be considered. They point to the loss of nutrients during the time spent fasting, as it limits not only the intake of unhealthy foods but also those that our bodies require including fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats. Furthermore, they argue that fasting often leads to rebound eating, which results in an overall weight gain as opposed to the sought-after weight loss.

New research out of the University of Southern California presents a fascinating discovery, once again bringing the debate to the forefront. The team gathered a group of participants and asked them, in the initial stages, to fast for 2-4 days on a regular basis over a 6-month period. During this time, they witnessed some incredible changes. The participants saw a noticeable decrease in the production of the enzyme PKA, a hormone which has been associated with an increased risk of cancer and tumor growth. Furthermore, the immune system of the participants appeared to get a complete overhaul.

Professor Valter Longo, PhD, the researcher of the study expressed his surprise with the study’s findings, stating, “What we started noticing in both our human work and animal work is that the white blood cell count goes down with prolonged fasting. Then when you re-feed, the blood cells come back. So, we started thinking, well, where does it come from?”

The findings may provide considerable promise for those that are susceptible to disease, currently receiving chemotherapy treatments or simply for our aging population. The research showed that the act of fasting triggered a switch to flip in the body, signalling it to begin a “stem-cell based regeneration of the hematopoietic system.” It forced the body to use up its stores of glucose, fat and ketones, and also started to break down a large number of white blood cells. The loss of white blood cells flagged the body to, in turn, regenerate new immune system cells.

Professor Longo explained, “When you starve, the system tries to save energy, and one of the things it can do to save energy is to recycle a lot of the immune cells that are not needed, especially those that may be damaged.” This would mean that according to the study’s findings the process of fasting for a 72-hour period of time followed by re-feeding with a healthy, nutritionally focused diet can, essentially, provide those who are struggling with a new immune system.

While the possible benefits are definitely worth further review, medical professionals warn that further study is required before it will be seen as a definitive medical option. The study’s co-author Tanya Dorff, MD, assistant professor of clinical medicine at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital advised, “While chemotherapy saves lives, it causes significant collateral damage to the immune system. The results of this study suggest that fasting may mitigate some of the harmful effects of chemotherapy. More clinical studies are needed, and any such dietary intervention should be undertaken only under the guidance of a physician.”

Study Finds that Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System ? Awareness Act

Who cares

The point of this place is to share info, don’t be a dick.

I had a debate with a fat fuck at the gym in the sauna who was on a “water fast”, he tried telling me that working out was all bs and what he was doing is healthy. His cardio was cold showers, yes cold showers and only cold showers, and he looked like a walking pile of shit while telling me this and what I’m doing is all wrong. I made some pretty good points to him but you know when someone is brain washed into thinking what they’re doing is right by reading a bunch of super bias articles online, you can’t convince them of anything else.

I can see how in theory it could have a benefit to starving the body but it goes against my common sense that it wouldn’t be just beneficial if not more to say perhaps just eat green veggies for a few days instead.

The point of this place is to share info, don’t be a dick.

I had a debate with a fat fuck at the gym in the sauna who was on a “water fast”, he tried telling me that working out was all bs and what he was doing is healthy. His cardio was cold showers, yes cold showers and only cold showers, and he looked like a walking pile of shit while telling me this and what I’m doing is all wrong. I made some pretty good points to him but you know when someone is brain washed into thinking what they’re doing is right by reading a bunch of super bias articles online, you can’t convince them of anything else.

I can see how in theory it could have a benefit to starving the body but it goes against my common sense that it wouldn’t be just beneficial if not more to say perhaps just eat green veggies for a few days instead.

Can't comment on the fat guy but you'd be surprised how beneficial fasting is once you actually try it for yourself.

Can't comment on the fat guy but you'd be surprised how beneficial fasting is once you actually try it for yourself.

Yea I could see how it could be, in theory anyway. Could you elaborate on your personal expierences?

Yea I could see how it could be, in theory anyway. Could you elaborate on your personal expierences?

i can only report about 21hours fasting since this is what im doing on 90-95% of my days since april last year. (90-95% because on my refeed days i cut the fasting time down to 18h).
but i dont suggest this method to everyone. there are guys who can not eat big meals and require more than 2 meals a day to get their requirements. So.. if you are a "big plate" eater give it a try, if not, then i would stick to more frequent meals..
postives:
- mental clearance
- no worries about getting food prepared.
- increased performance in the gym for me (yes, seriously) includes a better pump
- i love eating big plates without getting fat
- in my opinion better insulin sensitivity and better digestion although i eat bigger meals

negatives:
the first few weeks/months ive felt extremely crappy. Until i have read an article about salt. After adding a sea salt to my water during fasts i feel much much better. And dont be greedy with the salt, you need plenty during the fast or you will feel like death

i can only report about 21hours fasting since this is what im doing on 90-95% of my days since april last year. (90-95% because on my refeed days i cut the fasting time down to 18h).
but i dont suggest this method to everyone. there are guys who can not eat big meals and require more than 2 meals a day to get their requirements. So.. if you are a "big plate" eater give it a try, if not, then i would stick to more frequent meals..
postives:
- mental clearance
- no worries about getting food prepared.
- increased performance in the gym for me (yes, seriously) includes a better pump
- i love eating big plates without getting fat
- in my opinion better insulin sensitivity and better digestion although i eat bigger meals

negatives:
the first few weeks/months ive felt extremely crappy. Until i have read an article about salt. After adding a sea salt to my water during fasts i feel much much better. And dont be greedy with the salt, you need plenty during the fast or you will feel like death

You’re talking about intermittent fasting, yea I definitely think that works and I’ve done it myself. The info is talking about straight not eating for 3 days and the fat fuck at the gym says he only drinks water on weekdays.

That shit i think doesn’t make as much sense as simply eating for example only green veggies for 3 days. What’s the benefit of just not eating for days?

I like intermittent fasting, only just started doing it this year. I do 18 hours fasted, with 6 hour eating window on non workout days (with calorie deficit). Then 16 hours with a 8 hour eating window on workout days to give extra hours to consume more protein and carbs (calorie surplus). I would have to cut my self off from all human contact to make it through 72 hours or I would end up having to live on prison food for awhile.

I workout late morning and have last meal at 6pm, definitely helps me sleep not having food as close to bed time. Intermittent fasting definitely helps me drop fat. But my energy is crap without L carnitine and/or caffeine when doing it.

I know one of the main benefits points of fasting is insulin, but have always wanted to try fasting with electrolytes and Essential and Branched chain aminos.....it would give the gut a rest but still stimulate insulin...john meadows spoke about the immune benefits of fasting in a recent video ...which makes sense if you look at all the reactions people have to food and the allergies et all ..

Who cares

You're a dick.

One of the times my physique had looked its best was when I would regularly fast for 24 hours about once a month or more. It did not loose muscle but stayed nice and lean.

I've been fasting one day a week for about 6 weeks. Seems to reset my metabolism and insulin sensitivity.

I've just started doing some Intermittent Fasting now that I am back in the Gym after my Hip Surgeries.
I can go 12 to 14 hours with No Problem.
Would like to try some Longer Duration when the weather gets warmer......... JP

I've been fasting one day a week for about 6 weeks. Seems to reset my metabolism and insulin sensitivity.

insulin sensitivity....perhaps

Seems to reset my metabolism....no such thing

I've just started doing some Intermittent Fasting now that I am back in the Gym after my Hip Surgeries.
I can go 12 to 14 hours with No Problem.
Would like to try some Longer Duration when the weather gets warmer......... JP

I once did an eight day fast drinking distilled water only with a goal to heal my injured back. I worked up from a day here and there to the full eight days. My goal was 21 days but I stopped as I was so fucking bored.

John meadows just went over all this in a video with nick Trigili and phil viz.

He’s very much into fasting and we all know the health benefits.

If someone has major GI issues going on, id recommend a 24 hour fast. John likes to do a 16+ hour fast once a week and Viz states he’s started to incorporate this into his clients protocol.

But if aiming for size, fasting daily wouldn’t be something I’d personally do or recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be a great way to transition into a deload period.

1-2 days a week of fasting with lower calories overall; you're only doing this for 1-2 weeks, digestive tract would get such a break from all the abuse we put it though, digestion and absorption would be through the roof as soon as you up the calories again.

I often times sit there thinking the amount of stress we put our digestive tract through, but really very few people ever even give it any thought.

Over training? Sure, Enough drugs? Absolutely, Making sure joints are healthy? Yes. But digestion is VERY overlooked.

The owner of Icon meals does these 72 hour fasts. Pretty drastic changes body comp wise.

Pop a SR Adderal 2-3 times and youll be just fine. 1 SR adderal gets me through a 24 hour fast pretty easy.

You are not fasting if you consume any calories. BCAA has 4 cals/g your liver will convert it to glucose, so it's pointless if you fasting
I know one of the main benefits points of fasting is insulin, but have always wanted to try fasting with electrolytes and Essential and Branched chain aminos.....it would give the gut a rest but still stimulate insulin...john meadows spoke about the immune benefits of fasting in a recent video ...which makes sense if you look at all the reactions people have to food and the allergies et all ..

I’ve never gone 3 days without food. One advantage would be the shrinking of your stomach. If you had the self control to go right back to your clean diet and calories with no binge i would expect a nice tight midsection and an actual easier time dieting since your stomach would have a reduced capacity for food. It sure would be nice to not poop for a couple days. It would give the hemorrhoids a break. That being said, i would be horribly paranoid of muscle loss and electrolyte imbalance. Wouldn’t that possibly cause heart palpitations and irregular heart beat?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear