YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting training, getting bigger arms, and more..

DM2000

Registered
I completely changed my workout regimen and diet in 2014. Went from a high bmi and weighing 210 to 180!

Started using myfitnesspal for tracking macros, eating heaps of egg whites, chicken breast, etc. Adding in some quality peptides helped.

Anyway I'm now reentering the gym after a short layoff. I've put on 4 pounds in about a month. Using test c 200mg weekly (trt dosage).

One thing that has always eluded me its having bigger arms or big legs.

I've got chicken legs and although my arms are quite muscular and vascular their not as big as I'd like.

For a guy who can put up 800 pounds in a leg press weighing 185 you'd think my legs would be bigger.

Perhaps it's because of neglecting compound lifts such ad squats given my shitty gym switched out all barbells for racks (however in the past i used barbells extensively)... so I'm not sure.

The same goes for my arms. Perhaps I'm over training them?

Could anyone recommend any specific exercises for bigger arms?

Specifically targeting the lower portion of the bicep and the forearm.

I've been fasting training for awhile now which helps with my time management and i also don't feel sluggish at the gym (as i did when i ate prior to going)

Whey protein isolate are my primary source of protein when it comes to shakes.

Given I'm about to blast (test c 500 mk 677 ghrp 2) for a short while i wanted to see if anyone had any pointers on exercises for increasing mass in legs and arms.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Professional Muscle mobile app

ill tell you one thing.....you wont get anything BIGGER
without eating the food....

dieting down just will NOT get it done....

so do you want to be a lean 180...???

or do you want some muscles....???

My leg work out that really got my legs to grow was:

135lb squats 4 sets of 20, then really focused slow reps on the leg extension superset with lunges.

800lbs on the leg press is great, but it depends on your form, it's really easy to cheat on leg press and include muscles that take the tension off your quads/glutes.

Try doing 1 leg, leg press with controlled reps at 180lbs. Do 4 sets of 15 then tell me how your ass and quads feel the next day :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ill tell you one thing.....you wont get anything BIGGER
without eating the food....

dieting down just will NOT get it done....

so do you want to be a lean 180...???

or do you want some muscles....???
I'd like to be 180 and lean with big arms...lol jk

I hear ya brother. It's the bulk or cut argument pretty much.

I want to do what some have achieved which is site enlargement i guess.

I could have bigger arms (as i did when i was 210) but now they're big but defined. Some guys just have huge arms regardless of the definition but still maintain that V shape (which is what I'm trying too achieve or be closer too at a lower weight).

I've even tried des in my arms and legs to no avail.

Des did help a bit but not much.

Despite training while fasting i still count my macros (and when i don't I'm conscious of what i eat) and my protein always lies above 200 grams for tree day. On workout days its usually 300.

Calories steady around 2500.

I'm doing some different things for my arms now. Such as going very slow on negative movements than up fast. We'll see if that helps.

My leg work out that really got my legs to grow was:

135lb squats 4 sets of 20, then really focused slow reps on the leg extension superset with lunges.

800lbs on the leg press is great, but it depends on your form, it's really easy to cheat on leg press and include muscles that take the tension off your quads/glutes.

Try doing 1 leg, leg press with controlled reps at 180lbs. Do 4 sets of 15 then tell me how your ass and quads feel the next day :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Agreed.

The leg press is somewhat misleading.

The exercises i like using the best are squats and lunges. When done right i really feel my legs burn.

I've also been doing slow negative movements on the leg extension and leg press which still a week later has my hamstrings hurting....

So slower movements on the negative side then a sudden burst.

Perhaps i should alternate and try slow movements on the positive side also?

I've only just started this and already feel the difference in the quality of workouts.

So I'll need to adjust and choose my exercises carefully.

Especially given my gym only has racks. I hate squatting or lunging on it but no choice.

I'd like to be 180 and lean with big arms...lol jk

I hear ya brother. It's the bulk or cut argument pretty much.

I want to do what some have achieved which is site enlargement i guess.

I could have bigger arms (as i did when i was 210) but now they're big but defined. Some guys just have huge arms regardless of the definition but still maintain that V shape (which is what I'm trying too achieve or be closer too at a lower weight).

I've even tried des in my arms and legs to no avail.

Des did help a bit but not much.

Despite training while fasting i still count my macros (and when i don't I'm conscious of what i eat) and my protein always lies above 200 grams for tree day. On workout days its usually 300.

Calories steady around 2500.

I'm doing some different things for my arms now. Such as going very slow on negative movements than up fast. We'll see if that helps.

hyperthophy training for the arms.....every other day go blast arms......
20 sets bis.....20 sets tris...HIIT style

I always see people say they want big arms....then they post HOW they
actually train them....and its shit....6 sets of biceps a week AINT GONNA
MAKE THEM GROW.....period.....bis and tri are a very resilient muscle....
they can take some abuse....

:)

I completely changed my workout regimen and diet in 2014. Went from a high bmi and weighing 210 to 180!

Started using myfitnesspal for tracking macros, eating heaps of egg whites, chicken breast, etc. Adding in some quality peptides helped.

Anyway I'm now reentering the gym after a short layoff. I've put on 4 pounds in about a month. Using test c 200mg weekly (trt dosage).

One thing that has always eluded me its having bigger arms or big legs.

I've got chicken legs and although my arms are quite muscular and vascular their not as big as I'd like.

For a guy who can put up 800 pounds in a leg press weighing 185 you'd think my legs would be bigger.

Perhaps it's because of neglecting compound lifts such ad squats given my shitty gym switched out all barbells for racks (however in the past i used barbells extensively)... so I'm not sure.

The same goes for my arms. Perhaps I'm over training them?

Could anyone recommend any specific exercises for bigger arms?

Specifically targeting the lower portion of the bicep and the forearm.

I've been fasting training for awhile now which helps with my time management and i also don't feel sluggish at the gym (as i did when i ate prior to going)

Whey protein isolate are my primary source of protein when it comes to shakes.

Given I'm about to blast (test c 500 mk 677 ghrp 2) for a short while i wanted to see if anyone had any pointers on exercises for increasing mass in legs and arms.

You sound similar to me, my chest, shoulders grow very well, my back forget about it, it grows by itself... But my arms and legs are tougher... I agree with Tenny, you have to put on weight, last year and this year, my arms seem to be coming up... But I also put on more weight, the only thing I really changed was documenting how much weight I used, reps, etc... I started using 40's on the dumbells, I'm up to 65's for 6 reps... then I do drop sets, three where I drop the weight and go to failure... They are still behind the rest of me, but definitely improved...

As far as legs go, the only thing that made my quads bigger is doing very heavy squats... i'm not crazy about the leg press, hell, I could swear my legs even shrunk when I used to do those... Although now I am trying to find alternatives, I can't go as heavy as I used to and I have stitches in my eye from a cornea transplants, so I can't go too heavy on anything, but especially not squats, deadlifts nor the benchpress, yup the big three, that sucks...:(

What do YOU consider to be "hiit"?

Where can I see your arms

T, I would always over train my biceps from high volume especially when you include using arms on back day for pulling movements. How do you deal with guys who get tendinitis easily from the higher volume approach. I kind of prefer low volume higher frequency training.

T, I would always over train my biceps from high volume especially when you include using arms on back day for pulling movements. How do you deal with guys who get tendinitis easily from the higher volume approach. I kind of prefer low volume higher frequency training.
Good point.
My brother and i are prone to tendonitis so lifting for arms is an area we have to be careful with.

My brother has had 3 shoulder surgeries and recently had surgery on his ulnar nerve (commonly injured when lifting for biceps).

I was out of the gym for almost 3 months with a lingering shoulder injury but am back and its week 5. Still no overhead lifts but today i did bench (again racks only) for the first time as I've been incorporating scapula strengthening exercises to my routine for shoulder stability.

I think it's important we don't over train despite wanting muscle groups to grow as it will only hinder that process.

Also. If you are using your arms too much on exercises for your back for example your form is incorrect. Pinch your scapula back and try pulling the weight with your back muscles only.

You do have to use your arms to pull in but its your back that should be doing the brunt of the work.

What do YOU consider to be "hiit"?

the HIIT would be no time for txting between sets...:lightbulb:

straight to the next exercise.....super sets....drop sets....

15 seconds max between sets

the HIIT would be no time for txting between sets...:lightbulb:

straight to the next exercise.....super sets....drop sets....

15 seconds max between sets
Why do people text while training anyway Tenny,I've never understood that...If I touch my phone it's to skip a song in my playlist for my music...

THE REAPER

Attachments

• ave.jpg
    ave.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 157

in my 20s I could do 100s of sets and never feel nothing....but muscle burn

shiit some days now, ill be like "ok lets try to do biceps.....(trying
one set of ez-curl......2 reps in)......nope not today"

I did lots of high volume to build them....now they get low volume...

my tris get 3 or 4 sets a week....that's it...

if I make myself do some arms....I wear sleeves, and load up on
some kind of med. gel an hour before.....works alittle bit I guess

:eek:

in my 20s I could do 100s of sets and never feel nothing....but muscle burn

shiit some days now, ill be like "ok lets try to do biceps.....(trying

one set of ez-curl......2 reps in)......nope not today"

I did lots of high volume to build them....now they get low volume...

my tris get 3 or 4 sets a week....that's it...

if I make myself do some arms....I wear sleeves, and load up on

some kind of med. gel an hour before.....works alittle bit I guess

:eek:

Luv your brutal honesty. Must be an older guy thing 40+ from the 718 or thereabouts lol

What about having say a set of 30-40 pound bands in the office and hitting 2-3 sets to failure a few times a day or would it be better to just smoke them down then give a days rest?

What about having say a set of 30-40 pound bands in the office and hitting 2-3 sets to failure a few times a day or would it be better to just smoke them down then give a days rest?

I would smoke them out eod....at least 12 to 15 sets each....

I wouldn't do this for more than a couple weeks at a time though....

i agree with tenny ; you won't grow without calories. bulk up bro; to be lean; I estimate you'd be 150 pounds. thats a soccer player status

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws