over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting vs Breakfast

Zarati

Registered
So when I say breakfast, most people think of the meal they eat right after they wake up in the morning.

Before, it used to be BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day and you should eat it right when you wake up. but recently studies have been saying how fasting is beneficial and etc, it's even popular in bodybuilding now(IF).

When I wake up, I don't eat anything for a few hours, but then I'll a couple of huge meals.

What do you guys think? Do you eat breakfast right after you wake up, or do you also fast awake for a few more hours? any benefits to either one?

There are a lot of health and longevity benefits to fasting. If I remember correctly, there's an episode of the Joe Rogan Podcast with Dr Rhonda Patrick discussing this topic in detail.

I personally used to fast for 16 hours a day as a strategy for maintaining weight and for health purposes, but nowadays I'm lucky to make it 30 minutes after waking up without getting hangry.

My first meal isn't usually until after 11am

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I always eat when i wake up. Usually protein/berries/oats in a blender. Takes 5 minutes.

Fasting is not for bodybuilders lmao.

Maybe fasted cardio for an hour in the morning, but like daily intermittent fasting and shit? Lol no.

I *used* to love fasting. But currently I'm on cytomel and on a cut and I feel sluggish AF.

Outside of that, I have been having my first meal around 12-1pm. I have never felt more fit or healthier. I may experiment with having small meals in the morning again but I love intermittent fasting and how it makes me feel.

My last meal is at arouns midnight and my first meal is at about 11 am. I dont know if thats fasting or not. Its just what I do and it works.

It may have some health benefits if done occasionally and I can certainly see the convenience factor of it, but there's a possibility it's (however slightly catabolic which is probably a non-issue on enough gear) detrimental and above all, it's just not necessary. I personally see no reason to do it but to each his own. And of course it works if done right.

Can you use fasting to cut or maintain your BW?
Yes, definitely. Very easy to do some cardio OR just wake up and have your very first meal at 1.

Is fasting a good idea if the goal is to become as big as possible?
Probably not.

I actually do a 24hr fast once a week usually. Helps reset my digestion and I just feel better. I would do more IF (im trying to just maintain weight and BF levels right now) but i ONLY lift in the morning. If I was an evening lifter again, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Fasting is not for bodybuilders lmao.

Maybe fasted cardio for an hour in the morning, but like daily intermittent fasting and shit? Lol no.

Ben Pakulski said that one day a week he would fast for a specific period of time so that he could continue to eat huge amounts of food without getting to lethargic or sluggish

For health reasons yes I believe it's beneficial for sure.

For bodybuilding, hell no. Except maybe once every so often and for a much longer duration.

I drink a tall glass of water first thing in the am then have a big mug of Keto coffee: (Tbs of Ghee, 1/2 Tbs cocao powder, Tbs MCT oil, couple grinds of Himalayan salt, packet of Stevia & coffee), blend it up and I'm good for my am workout and then eat my first meal around 1pm. There's so many diets out there from Paleo to IF to Keto...you just have to figure out what works with your metabolism and your activity level.

Not eating first thing in the am and then limiting carbs throughout the day (focusing on eating protein and healthy fats) has helped me drop 15lbs and I just feel sooo much better both in & out of the gym. I've lost minimal strength although I'm dealing with another shoulder injury at the moment that's going to require surgery. Getting older requires you to face reality, lighten the load and think long term. The joint issues as of late have been a hard lesson learned.

I eat about an hour after i get up. I like to take my morning drugs on an empty stomach: Clomid, nolvadex, tadalifil, MK-677, tianeptine, and a pinch of Vicaine from an opened capsule. Then i sit on the toilet and get caught up on my posting here and on twitter, Instagram, etc. 😂 And I poop 💩 just in case you were wondering.

i don't function without my eggs and toast in the morning after cardio. I would be a starving angry maniac by 10 am if i don't get a meal in.

Ya'll Fasters should be ashamed with your-catabolic-selves:rolleyes:

eat when yr hungry. so simple. fasting, IF, dumbass shit diets are for people who need someone to tell them what and when to eat cuz they cant control themselves.
get big eat more, get lean, eat less. the end.
for health markers, whatever, some evidence says fasting is good. but if u gotta do in on a regular basis well, fuck it.
then again, guys on tons of steroids, ancillaries, dnp, assorted other poisons, maybe they think it'll help them live longer than than all the drugs they take will let them. good luck with that.

I have a large breakfast every morning.Ive done this for many years and I just couldn't get my day started without it.

I wake up 6 a.m. have coffee pre-workout and train fasted...Then have a post workout meal double the size as my other meals... Works like a charm... Stay lean... Don't feel sluggish in the gym.... what more could you ask for?

So when I say breakfast, most people think of the meal they eat right after they wake up in the morning.

Before, it used to be BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day and you should eat it right when you wake up. but recently studies have been saying how fasting is beneficial and etc, it's even popular in bodybuilding now(IF).

When I wake up, I don't eat anything for a few hours, but then I'll a couple of huge meals.

What do you guys think? Do you eat breakfast right after you wake up, or do you also fast awake for a few more hours? any benefits to either one?

Never force yourself to eat breakfast if you are not hungry. Trust science.

Calories in, calories out is all that matters when it comes to weight gain/loss. Meal timing is not important, however number of daily protein feedings is.

Last edited:
You can fast every night,
Eat your last meal a little early and your next meal will be break the fast or breakfast as we have come to know it.
10 hours is a good fasting time (Supper at 10 pm, breakfast at 7am).
Now if you have special needs, then there are many variation of fasting you can do implement.
But for day to day bodybuilding, 10 hours should be enough.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws