over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting

jm425

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How does fasting help keep you leaner? Popular thinking and some research also shows that not eating breakfast and fasting puts on fat because the human body goes into survival mode and stores whatever food eaten after fasting is predominately stored as body fat. I'm really confused about this. Thoughts?

Just google intermittent fasting.
You will have plenty of sources of information to answer all your questions.
There are all kinds of theories as to how it works.
I personally didn't really care to know the details of what was going on 'behind the scenes', I just tried it for myself and was pleased with the results.

I am able to eat a lot of food in 1-3 meals, so it was pretty easy for me to work all day, then train, then eat 1-3 large meals over the course of a few hours before bed.

A lot of guys that haven't done it claim it isn't possible for bigger guys or guys that need a lot of calories to maintain weight or grow. I think it comes down to what the individual is capable of and what food choices you make. I had no problems getting 4k cals down the hatch during IF when I was trying to see if it was possible to gain mass while doing it. I was on cycle at the time, but I did end up growing. It was a nice recomp and I still do variations of fasting pretty frequently. I have always been into fasted morning cardio, and I just ended up staying in a fasted state until I train before lunch. I then eat when hungry for the rest of the day, which is usually about 4 meals. So even though I am fasting from 6am to noon or 1, I am still eating 5 meals a day and hitting the total cals needed to gain weight.

Thanks for the response. I have always been curious about it, however, I am prone to hypoglycemia and have always had it since I was a child. Would you think it could still work for me? These days I eat when I'm hungry which is usually 5x a day, but I get sick of eating so often, lol.

Im a huge advocate of fasting but whether your eating 12 meals or 1, getting lean/lowering bf is all about a caloric deficit. Fasting makes getting into a caloric deficit easy because you're not eating for a set amount of time. I've tried lean gains, alternate day fasting and eat stop eat. I found lean gains to be the least effective in terms of leaning out and I would contribute that to me not being in much of a caloric deficit. Adf is definitely the most extreme form of fasting I've tried. It was very effective for me and worked very fast but not eating every other day fucking sucks. Now I pick 2 days a week and fast for 24hrs, with one meal of 600cals protein and fat only. I find this to be the most practical way to use IF. The other 5 days of the week I stay in a caloric surplus. Hope this helps

How does fasting help keep you leaner? Popular thinking and some research also shows that not eating breakfast and fasting puts on fat because the human body goes into survival mode and stores whatever food eaten after fasting is predominately stored as body fat. I'm really confused about this. Thoughts?

When your lifting hard the rebound is an anabolic one. Fasting strips bodyfat and leaves muscle intact believe me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

here ya go, all info is here -

**broken link removed**

Numerous studies show that it takes a minimum of 60hours fasting before we enter so called starvation mode and metabolism is impacted in anegative way.

I also suffer with bouts of hypoglycemia due to weak adrenals and i have no problems with 16 hour fasts and 8 hour eating windows! (1st meal 12.30, 2nd meal 4.00 last meal 8.30pm)

Just make sure your last meal of the day is long lasting, slow realease proteins. My last meal is 300g cottage cheese and 6 whole freerange soft boiled eggs.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic