over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat acceptance, body positivity movement

If you're 6 foot tall like me, we are supposed to weigh no more than about 170 lbs. There's no way I could ever get that low now. I'm 230 now. If I was able to get lean and fit I'd probably be around 200 or 210. I didnt realize how bodybuilding permanently changes your BMI. Even now when I can't lift heavy or workout hard, much of the muscle mass persists even at age 51.
yup. i eat like a bird. doing no more than 1/2gm of protein per lbs bodyweight
workout 4 days a week on weights always followed by run/walk cardio (if its not leg day)
off days and almost every evening i have at least a 30 min skateboard session.
i am still 210lbs and weight doesnt budge. i thought FOR SURE i would shrink on such low protein and highly active all the time.
nope.

Again, it's not fat or fit, it's healthy or unhealthy. There are plenty of "fit" looking people who are unhealthy as fuck and there are plenty of fat people who are extremely healthy. Generalizing like this is the entire problem.

Now if you think fat is "gross" that is a cultural affectation, plenty of people think otherwise. Skinny is "gross" to some people as well. Huge muscles are "gross" to MANY people.

There is a lot of hypocrisy going on here, as many bodybuilders think they look healthy when actually they are unhealthy as fuck. And BTW, a lot of you who think you look "healthy" actually do not at all, you look very unhealthy to people who aren't biased towards the cultural affectation of thinking muscle=attractive=healthy
I agree ☝️ 💯

I worked in a longterm care facility for one year as a teen and i can say it's not very acommadating sp? facility for large people. I dont think obese people or anyone for that matter, even considers how terrible there care will be in a nursing home when that time comes.

A lot of there care gets neglected vs someome of normal weight. Just a few examples of this are soil diapers not being changed or changed once right before shift.ends, may get a bath or bed bath once a week. If they are no longer ambulatory they have the highest risk for bedsore because they aren't helped out of bed and they arent reposition in bed. The list goes on. It's pretty bad

The dose makes the poison, clearly, for whatever reasons, kids are getting pizza and other junk too often, NOT occasionally.

And yes, each ADULT person must decide if they want to be fat or fit, that is why I have never said that anything should be prohibited, but to educate, inform and be an example.

The problem is that when a minor gets pleasure repeatedly from cheat meals, not occasionally, but regularly, well, when he gets older it is more difficult to start from a favorable or neutral position in which to decide.
Not disagreeing but my main point is many kids can eat how they please and not be fat or unhealthy

One person can eat clean and not much food and be fat.

Genetics dictate all. A guy who eats clean and is 13 percent lecturing a person eating junk who is 9 percent is a clown.

There are kids out there eating processed food who are leaner than us. Who are we to lecture them?

At the end of the day someone is far or not. Some kids may need to eat clean many do not though. The world is full of people who eat shit and are lean.

Again, it's not fat or fit, it's healthy or unhealthy. There are plenty of "fit" looking people who are unhealthy as fuck and there are plenty of fat people who are extremely healthy. Generalizing like this is the entire problem.

Now if you think fat is "gross" that is a cultural affectation, plenty of people think otherwise. Skinny is "gross" to some people as well. Huge muscles are "gross" to MANY people.

There is a lot of hypocrisy going on here, as many bodybuilders think they look healthy when actually they are unhealthy as fuck. And BTW, a lot of you who think you look "healthy" actually do not at all, you look very unhealthy to people who aren't biased towards the cultural affectation of thinking muscle=attractive=healthy.

Great post. I feel like we are the last people who should lecture some kid not to eat a pizza.

The reason I stated this thread is that we should not create some safe space where we have to say fat people are healthy or attractive.

Some people have a different view and want to shame junk food. That is fine, but don't hate on kids and adults who eat shit and aren't fat. Good for them I'd they can enjoy normal food and keep tight and healthy.

Food is good, some people really have a negative view of eating. The while " eat to survive" mindset.

i have never seen a man promote these things
Just the men that profit off it. It’s healthy to be fat so eat more of my fast food I sell and buy my dresses that look like bed sheets.

Lol, you have to generalize, otherwise you can't set national health guidelines or statistics.

Being fat, in general, is more problematic than being skinny. Just as smoking is more problematic than not doing it. Walking an hour a day is better than not doing it.
That is the definition of discrimination, there are lots of fat people who are in great shape and are extremely healthy, exercise every day, eat well, etc. You run into a lot of them as a personal trainer, they don't always ever lose the weight either. Just like there are people who are bodybuilders who are very healthy, it's not common but they are out there.
The bodybuilding lifestyle is healthy, taking gear is not.

There is nothing dangerous about eating clean and lifting weights.

Regarding the cultural issue and image, in every human society being strong and muscular has been necessary and essential to survive. Accumulating fat was also great, but there were no obese. Obese people cannot work the land or go hunting animals. The obese were the kings, nobles and other parasites who did nothing. Obesity was positive valued because represented power and wealth.

Currently, the most powerful men in the world are neither fat nor obese. Obesity is frowned upon because it represents laziness, gluttony, and because poor and deadly humans are fat, the elite don't want to look like them.
You have it completely backwards. Most of the powerful men in the world are fat and physically weak. The "elite" are hardly physically elite, and the physically fit people who think they are "elite" because of their fitness level are very confused.

Obese isn't very fat BTW, in fact the actual strongest and physically most powerful people on earth are probably technically obese in many, if not most, cases (strong men, powerlifters).

Also, your premise that there are "bodybuilders" who don't take gear is pretty marginal, we are talking about an extremely small subset of people from my experience. But sure, you are correct, it does exist, and there are healthy bodybuilders who use gear, lot of us. But there are also healthy fat people, especially on the lower end of the "obese" scale, there are a lot.

Not disagreeing but my main point is many kids can eat how they please and not be fat or unhealthy

Genetics dictate all. A guy who eats clean and is 13 percent lecturing a person eating junk who is 9 percent is a clown.

There are kids out there eating processed food who are leaner than us. Who are we to lecture them?

At the end of the day someone is far or not. Some kids may need to eat clean many do not though. The world is full of people who eat shit and are lean.
Another thing to remember. Just because someone looks healthy, it doesn't mean they are. Vice versa too.

Another thing to remember. Just because someone looks healthy, it doesn't mean they are. Vice versa too.
Exactly. Someone who eats healthy doesn't mean they are healthy too. If one guy eats 2k a day half junk and weight 169 he has a healthy BMI. Anyone guy can eat 5k chicken and broccoli and bulk up to 250 and now has a high BMI and needs meds to control his blood pressure and says his digestion is poor.

Who is healthy?

People think clean calories are the end all be all. Junk vs clean food doesn't cause obesity. Too many calories plus being lazy cause obesity

The biggest hypocrisy I see "drinking is acceptable, processed food is garbage". How many threds do we see guys do meal prep and then have a few cold ones on the weekend? Lol

Similarly, some people take gear and are not screwed out of health. No one has suggested otherwise.

You can use cocaine recreationally, I have taken it when I was young, I was never addicted because I dont like much. But for millions of people their life is hell.

Most of the people I know drink alcohol and lead normal, productive lives. But everywhere you have alcoholics fucking the lives of others.

No one can or intends to save everyone, hell, I have enough to take care of my body and my mind to be aware of others. I am very humble in that sense. And I am very libertarian, I don't care how others treat their body and their health. But when you have minors at your charge, you are responsible, in large part, for the decisions that they will make.

It is not easy at all, it is an obesogenic environment that we have to deal with, only people who are very health conscious (diabetic) or obsessed with athletic performance, can overcome that environment.

But in philosophical terms, a great man is precisely one who surpasses the morals, the customs of his time and his culture. I associate bodybuilding precisely with this, now not so much, but if 30 or 40 years ago, it was something very unusual to do and required great will.

Most of the powerful men in the world are fat and physically weak. The "elite" are hardly physically elite, and the physically fit people who think they are "elite" because of their fitness level are very confused.

Obese isn't very fat BTW, in fact the actual strongest and physically most powerful people on earth are probably technically obese in many, if not most, cases (strong men, powerlifters).

Also, your premise that there are "bodybuilders" who don't take gear is pretty marginal, we are talking about an extremely small subset of people from my experience. But sure, you are correct, it does exist, and there are healthy bodybuilders who use gear, lot of us. But there are also healthy fat people, especially on the lower end of the "obese" scale, there are a lot.

I do not know obese kings, in Spain we have kings unfortunately, neither are they, the supposedly richest in the world (Gates, Bezos, etc ...)

If you look at the presidents of the most powerful countries, none of them are obese.

Strongmen and powers are not obese, anyway, you are not going to have a great life expectancy if you weigh 350 pounds. It is also very different to eat some junk food and train 3 or 4 hours a day like strongmen do than do nothing.

Exactly. Someone who eats healthy doesn't mean they are healthy too. If one guy eats 2k a day half junk and weight 169 he has a healthy BMI. Anyone guy can eat 5k chicken and broccoli and bulk up to 250 and now has a high BMI and needs meds to control his blood pressure and says his digestion is poor.

Who is healthy?

People think clean calories are the end all be all. Junk vs clean food doesn't cause obesity. Too many calories plus being lazy cause obesity

The biggest hypocrisy I see "drinking is acceptable, processed food is garbage". How many threds do we see guys do meal prep and then have a few cold ones on the weekend? Lol

This is a stupid example, really.

Who is able to eat junk food and maintain a caloric deficit? And why would someone do that? That is, you eat little food that makes you very hungry and also will you have nutritional deficits. What is the goal of that?

People who eat garbage eat a lot of calories unless you are an idiot who wants to do a study and a documentary to prove a point that does not occur in real life.

The ideal is to eat little and clean, and to do some exercise. It is the most difficult thing to do because in our culture we do not accept a life without pleasure, goals and adrenaline. If you want to eat a lot and clean, you can still have problems, if you want to eat a lot and dirty and also not play sports, you will be more screwed. If you are an athlete and you take gear, you will be more screwed. If you are sedentary and eat garbage and take rec drugs and alcohol, you will be more screwed than anyone.

There are only a few cards and some general factors, play how the hell you want, but do not try to fool yourself or others.

Had this conversation with a buddy. It's pretty hypocritical for bodybuilders, strongmen, powerlifters etc to bash the fat movement. 300lb bodies don't matter to your joints if it's fat or muscle at the end of day same with their organs. They might have screwed up cholesterol or lipids, how many here have the same? Extreme is extreme. Sure one subset requires eating and training, the other just eating but the end is the same

Is it unattractive to most people, yes. Are most women now larger than their male partners, yes. Is it a massive (pun intended) double standard where women want men to accept their bodies but women still want a fit guy over 6' or they can keep walking, fuck yea.

Welcome to modern society, hope you enjoy the fucked up stay.

This is a stupid example, really.

Who is able to eat junk food and maintain a caloric deficit? And why would someone do that? That is, you eat little food that makes you very hungry and also will you have nutritional deficits. What is the goal of that?

People who eat garbage eat a lot of calories unless you are an idiot who wants to do a study and a documentary to prove a point that does not occur in real life.

The ideal is to eat little and clean, and to do some exercise. It is the most difficult thing to do because in our culture we do not accept a life without pleasure, goals and adrenaline. If you want to eat a lot and clean, you can still have problems, if you want to eat a lot and dirty and also not play sports, you will be more screwed. If you are an athlete and you take gear, you will be more screwed. If you are sedentary and eat garbage and take rec drugs and alcohol, you will be more screwed than anyone.

There are only a few cards and some general factors, play how the hell you want, but do not try to fool yourself or others.
When I was a kid I ate what my mom cooked and snacks I was not fat. As did my cousin. Then we had 2 more cousins who did the same and were fat.

Not every thin kid eats a healthy diet and everyone knows this. Never met a kid that counted calories. I ate a bagel fruit, school lunch with snack food, mom's dinner, then snacks and ice cream as a kid, I was not fat

Now I'm old and healthy although I eat mostly clean now, and lean.

Point? I grew up eating shit wasn't fat and then didn't become a fat adult, jist like millions of others.

Ironically I was pretty fat for a few years of adulthood. That was when I was permabulking eating 5k a day of clean food trying to be the biggest strongest guy in the gym. Fat and strong and high bp and no cardio thanks to tons of force feeding clean food...

My main points

Most kids can eat normal kid diet and not be obese or grow up to be obese
Tons of adults many who do what we do get fat eating too much clean food
I prefer to educate people on diet esp kids than try and micromanage their diet like we are coaching them to be an athlete
People are fatter now because they are lazy and entitled and have too much technology, McDonald's has been around since I was born in the 80s fast food isn't to blame
Calories in vs calories out, yes clean food will limit hunger but not everyone is like us and has a big appetite.

A few slices of pizza satisfy a normal person. I want a pizza and a half. Hence why I'm someone who needs to eat clean where my cousin can eat pizza and be fine. It's all individual.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws