over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat acceptance, body positivity movement

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Healthy at any weight, body positivity, fat acceptance movements. Does anyone here defend these or agree with them?

My thoughts. You can choose to look how you want. 300 lbs ripped Mr Olympia does not appeal to many people, being anorexic level skinny doesn't, and being fat certainly doesn't.

But at the end of the day we know being overweight is unhealthy and unnatrctive and no one should feel bad for saying it out loud. As a society we should not accept obesity as being normal and lie and say it can be healthy so people can feel good about themselves.

Being overweight is not healthy
Being EXTREMELY thin is "probably" not healthy
Steroids are not healthy

Moral of story is YOU DO YOU BOO, don't fucking worry about what other people do with THEIR body's

i have never seen a man promote these things

ive never heard it spoken of in "real life" but ill read reddit at work when im bored and it seems to be a thing there (the movement). Ive also seen articles about it on yahoo news. Got to thinking about it today when I read an article about some celebrity who lost 28lbs by fasting for 48 hour intervals and people were bashing her for "losing weight at any cost" "promoting unhealthy practices" and basically not accepting herself as fat and bettering herself.
Being overweight is not healthy
Being EXTREMELY thin is "probably" not healthy
Steroids are not healthy

Moral of story is YOU DO YOU BOO, don't fucking worry about what other people do with THEIR body's

agree with this

ive never heard it spoken of in "real life" but ill read reddit at work when im bored and it seems to be a thing there (the movement). Ive also seen articles about it on yahoo news. Got to thinking about it today when I read an article about some celebrity who lost 28lbs by fasting for 48 hour intervals and people were bashing her for "losing weight at any cost" "promoting unhealthy practices" and basically not accepting herself as fat and bettering herself.

agree with this

Do yourself a favor brother, stay off Reddit.....

people that are not considered fat/overweight now would have been 30 years ago.

Healthy at any weight, body positivity, fat acceptance movements. Does anyone here defend these or agree with them?

My thoughts. You can choose to look how you want. 300 lbs ripped Mr Olympia does not appeal to many people, being anorexic level skinny doesn't, and being fat certainly doesn't.

But at the end of the day we know being overweight is unhealthy and unnatrctive and no one should feel bad for saying it out loud. As a society we should not accept obesity as being normal and lie and say it can be healthy so people can feel good about themselves.

I don’t know man sometimes I like myself a thicccccccc ass girl,
Gotta be in the mood for it though.
But really I could care less what anyone chooses to look like. Like @b-boy said you do you boo 😂

Okay so you want to be serious about it, it’s a massive drain on resources that a large segment of our population is somewhat disabled and sickened by obesity.

But that being said as steroid users and guys who pound their bodies with unnatural weight over and over and over I really don’t think we should be the ones to judge over here...

But for someone to be actually promoting it like it’s okay to be unhealthy? But again i digress because we do that here every day don’t we?

Conundrum

Okay so you want to be serious about it, it’s a massive drain on resources that a large segment of our population is somewhat disabled and sickened by obesity.

But that being said as steroid users and guys who pound their bodies with unnatural weight over and over and over I really don’t think we should be the ones to judge over here...

But for someone to be actually promoting it like it’s okay to be unhealthy? But again i digress because we do that here every day don’t we?

Conundrum

Agree for the most part. The main difference is bodybuilders we acknowledge that AAS, putting on excessive size, contest prep, etc can be dangerous and unhealthy. Where the healthy at any size movement says the following...

We’ve lost the war on obesity. Fighting fat hasn’t made the fat go away. And being thinner, even if we knew how to successfully accomplish it, will not necessarily make us healthier or happier. The war on obesity has taken its toll.

Extensive “collateral damage” has resulted: Food and body preoccupation, self-hatred, eating disorders, discrimination,
poor health
, etc. Few of us are at peace with our bodies, whether because we’re fat or because we fear becoming fat.

Health at Every Size is the new peace movement. It helps us recognize that health outcomes are primarily driven by social, economic, and environmental factors, requiring a social and political response. It also supports people of all sizes in adopting healthy behaviors. It is an inclusive movement, recognizing that our social characteristics, such as our size, race, national origin, sexuality, gender, disability status, and other attributes, are assets, and acknowledges and challenges the structural and systemic forces that impinge on living well.

Agree for the most part. The main difference is bodybuilders we acknowledge that AAS, putting on excessive size, contest prep, etc can be dangerous and unhealthy. Where the healthy at any size movement says the following...

We’ve lost the war on obesity. Fighting fat hasn’t made the fat go away. And being thinner, even if we knew how to successfully accomplish it, will not necessarily make us healthier or happier. The war on obesity has taken its toll.

Extensive “collateral damage” has resulted: Food and body preoccupation, self-hatred, eating disorders, discrimination,
poor health
, etc. Few of us are at peace with our bodies, whether because we’re fat or because we fear becoming fat.

Health at Every Size is the new peace movement. It helps us recognize that health outcomes are primarily driven by social, economic, and environmental factors, requiring a social and political response. It also supports people of all sizes in adopting healthy behaviors. It is an inclusive movement, recognizing that our social characteristics, such as our size, race, national origin, sexuality, gender, disability status, and other attributes, are assets, and acknowledges and challenges the structural and systemic forces that impinge on living well.

Some of us acknowledge it but many bury their heads in the sand, it’s a differentiation regardless and a good point.

It’s akin to us forming an organization to convince people that steroids are not harmful which would be silly.

So yea through that vain I think this goes beyond “live and let live”.

I find this disturbing in that it actively encourages habits and lifestyles that lead to bad outcomes. People that could be helped will be hurt.
As said above, we bodybuilders ourselves have made many bad choices, but we aren't ignorant (well, usually...) to the downsides.
Just my opinion, but this is another indication of a cultural slide into mediocrity because it's easier and more comfortable for many.

I'm quite happy this is not a thing here in Japan, in fact, it probably swings the other way too hard.

I would normally agree with this but... its putting a strain on the healthcare system which affects us all. Further, I see WAY to many obese children and that is the parents fault for continuing their lifestyel through their children. An obese 8 year old cannot go out and buy all his meals. Its the parents which perpetuates the mental disease. This new body positivity movement has taken a good concept too far IMO. No we don't all need to be thin models as women or jacked dudes as men. Accepting obesity though is a different issue all together.

To each his/her own I guess but I'll be damned lol ...
My2.. 💪💯
Bio-

I personally don't care what anyone does with their life as long as it not negatively impacting mine.
I don't care what you want to eat ,who you want to love , what god/gods you want to pray to , it none of my business.
Just don't push that shit on me.

As far as society accepting the "big is beautiful" idea , again I don't really care BUT I do not agree with them promoting it as a healthy lifestyle because it makes people comfortable mentally.

It doesn’t effect me and I have no control over it so I don’t think about it. I could care less if there was a self harm positive movement or a movement where people castrated themselves. I think it’s a far worse issue when people concern themselves with other peoples choices and lives. As long as you don’t harm kids or animals have at it. We’re all involved in a hobby and culture that normalizes equally unhealthy and destructive behavior it just looks better to us.

I would normally agree with this but... its putting a strain on the healthcare system which affects us all. Further, I see WAY to many obese children and that is the parents fault for continuing their lifestyel through their children. An obese 8 year old cannot go out and buy all his meals. Its the parents which perpetuates the mental disease. This new body positivity movement has taken a good concept too far IMO. No we don't all need to be thin models as women or jacked dudes as men. Accepting obesity though is a different issue all together.
True. They say the latest generation is the first in America to have a lower life expectancy than their parents. High health care bills.

What is more American than being fat and dying of diabetes, heart disease, or other maladies due to being overweight? In the United States, 36.5 percent of adults are obese. Another 32.5 percent of American adults are overweight. That's almost 70% of the population struggling with weight. If they're trying to normalize it, it's because it is normal.

Corn products are subsidized, they're cheap, they're everywhere, they can last on a shelf, and they're designed to give your brain a nice hit of dopamine when you eat it.

There's generations of families like this in the states and your dietary habits (as well as most other things) are learned at home.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131