over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat acceptance, body positivity movement

The reason for this is that large weight on your bone structure (like from squats and deadlifts) causes increased activity of osteoblasts within the bones. So in addition to the increased strain on skeletal muscle and hypertrophy, will also actually increase bone thickness and density as well. I'm like you, @maldorf where even though my ideal weight is 168 lbs, I could NEVER reach. Maybe 180 or 190 but never in the 160's. I'd be nothing but bones and skin.
I've seen this in my Dexa scans.

In 2016 my bone mineral content was 7.9lbs; in 2021 with 34lbs. more lean tissue it's 8.7lbs.

In 2016 my bone density was 1.402; in 2021 it was 1.516. My bone density is now 3 standard deviations above normal.

I've seen this in my Dexa scans.

In 2016 my bone mineral content was 7.9lbs; in 2021 with 34lbs. more lean tissue it's 8.7lbs.

In 2016 my bone density was 1.402; in 2021 it was 1.516. My bone density is now 3 standard deviations above normal.
I'd love to see that same scan again when you're in your 50s and not lifting as heavy. Curious what happens to bone density then.

I'd love to see that same scan again when you're in your 50s and not lifting as heavy. Curious what happens to bone density then.
From what i have read over the years, once people are older, hormones levels going down and less active the density starts to go down. That is why you want to build up the reserve when you are younger. Women are a good example after menopause. They loose density more then men and break bones. As for bone density, the ortho that replaced my shoulder explained that the diameter of the bones don't change much with lifters the calcium just gets laid in there more densely. They had to use the smallest spud on me as instead of the bone diameter getting bigger m the center(marrow portion) gets smaller and that is where the calcium goes along with packing it in all the open spaces in the bone. He also told me that those that don't lift the body will try to make the diameter bigger to make it stronger but the matrix is not that good. He talked of a small gentleman that he had worked on the previous week had larger diameter bones then most but they were like "tofu".

From what i have read over the years, once people are older, hormones levels going down and less active the density starts to go down. That is why you want to build up the reserve when you are younger. Women are a good example after menopause. They loose density more then men and break bones. As for bone density, the ortho that replaced my shoulder explained that the diameter of the bones don't change much with lifters the calcium just gets laid in there more densely. They had to use the smallest spud on me as instead of the bone diameter getting bigger m the center(marrow portion) gets smaller and that is where the calcium goes along with packing it in all the open spaces in the bone. He also told me that those that don't lift the body will try to make the diameter bigger to make it stronger but the matrix is not that good. He talked of a small gentleman that he had worked on the previous week had larger diameter bones then most but they were like "tofu".
I'd think a weightlifter would still have denser bone even into old age, but yeah it decreases. Would be good to see a long term study in some individuals.

I think old folks that have never lifted weights before can still build some bone density later in life. One of the colleges I studied at was doing a study on the response to weightlifting for elderly men's leg muscles. Lots of strength gain, size, and the muscle fiber types changed in proportion. I'm willing to bet that leg bone density went up. We used leg presses.

I'd think a weightlifter would still have denser bone even into old age, but yeah it decreases. Would be good to see a long term study in some individuals.

I think old folks that have never lifted weights before can still build some bone density later in life. One of the colleges I studied at was doing a study on the response to weightlifting for elderly men's leg muscles. Lots of strength gain, size, and the muscle fiber types changed in proportion. I'm willing to bet that leg bone density went up. We used leg presses.
Pretty much what I have read. But to build density is more of a long term goal to be effective. I hadn't lifted real heavy in awhile when i had my shoulder replaced. The surgeon said there was only 2 things out of the ordinary in my surgery. He had to cut through a mile of muscle and i had bones or granite. I am sure it would take some time to become lime stone. And would still be harder then most when i die.

In reference to lifting increasing bone density, I read an article way back about Chuck Vogelpohl. He was a 1000lb squatter @ 220lbs. His reported vertebral density was 200% of normal.

Seems to be the new thing nowadays, don't judge me because I am fat. Trust me I don't and if that is what you want, more power to you. Maybe has something to do with Americans obesity rate climbing at an alarming rate. On Facebook they have a group I am part of. They mention guys want women with extra weight. I simply mention I want a girl that is in good shape. Of course some fat girl had to respond and told me "Don't measure girls by pounds and we won't measure you by inches."

Me being the sarcastic old guy I am replied, " So I guess it is OK for me to judge fat women?".

Food for thought in this meme.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1622846458183.jpg
    FB_IMG_1622846458183.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 25
Seems to be the new thing nowadays, don't judge me because I am fat. Trust me I don't and if that is what you want, more power to you. Maybe has something to do with Americans obesity rate climbing at an alarming rate. On Facebook they have a group I am part of. They mention guys want women with extra weight. I simply mention I want a girl that is in good shape. Of course some fat girl had to respond and told me "Don't measure girls by pounds and we won't measure you by inches."

Me being the sarcastic old guy I am replied, " So I guess it is OK for me to judge fat women?".

Food for thought in this meme.

Well if you need extra inches just to penetrate through more blubber there's a fuckin issue

Well if you need extra inches just to penetrate through more blubber there's a fuckin issue

i knew a girl who was pushing 300lbs at 5'4 or thereabouts

she complained that her boyfriend had a small penis.

i guess she didn't realize that she had an extra 8-10 inches of cottage cheese on her ass that he would have to get past

he would have to have been hung like a horse just to tickle it

i knew a girl who was pushing 300lbs at 5'4 or thereabouts

she complained that her boyfriend had a small penis.

i guess she didn't realize that she had an extra 8-10 inches of cottage cheese on her ass that he would have to get past

he would have to have been hung like a horse just to tickle it
I almost puked

To me the whole "don't judge" mindset is rediclous. Judging means to have an opinion. Having an opinion is part of being human. No one should be shamed for judging anything even if it's negative. That didn't mean wear a shirt saying " guys with small penis are losers and fat people are weak minded" putting people down, but at the same time, if someone wants to say" too many people are fat now days and I can't stand when a fatties wears tight clothing in Walmart" and someone has a problem with them saying it out loud, tough shit.

I don’t care for it. These woman who are huge and flaunting that shit look miserable. Ask Lizzo or whatever her name is.

When women tell me men shouldn't judge how dateable a woman is by her weight. I tell them men will stop doing that once women start to think dating a guys several inches shorter then them is acceptable. Even most women agree with me then.

To me the whole "don't judge" mindset is rediclous. Judging means to have an opinion. Having an opinion is part of being human. No one should be shamed for judging anything even if it's negative. That didn't mean wear a shirt saying " guys with small penis are losers and fat people are weak minded" putting people down, but at the same time, if someone wants to say" too many people are fat now days and I can't stand when a fatties wears tight clothing in Walmart" and someone has a problem with them saying it out loud, tough shit.

I've always wondered why not applauding obesity is abhorrent, but it's more than acceptable to point at a muscular guy and say "how're the steroids?" "oh.....gross...." or to women" you look like a man".
I guess you have to be a victim before you can merit decency - even if you land in the victim group by your own actions.

ittQEXo.jpg

But deprivation of food prior to the last 50-60 years was almost unheard of. From prehistoric times to ancient to renaissance, in art from those time periods, women are not thin.

The explanation is simple, there was seldom an abundance of food in the societies of the past, so being well fed and having reserves of body fat was synonymous with wealth and social status. That is why we see these images.

But the concept of beauty was born in ancient Greece, they had the ideal of the athletic and strong man, the women were not excessively thick but neither lean or anorexic, of course.

Or is it more likely a woman who has visible and distinct female characteristics who is also physically capable of raising/protecting and caring for a child is what most men would find physically attractive?

Something curious about the current era, many people do not want to have children, that may be one of the reasons why men are not so interested in the "standard" female characteristics. The same happens the other way around, women with feminine men, weak, out of shape, etc ...

But the concept of beauty was born in ancient Greece, they had the ideal of the athletic and strong man, the women were not excessively thick but neither lean or anorexic, of course.

And the Romans copied and made this same ideal their own.

Now, watches superhero movies and comics, are based on Greek mythology and its gods, etc.... In a way, our entire Western culture is indebted to these ideals.

What was in the middle? The Middle Ages, any form of body worship was censored, the bodies were hidden, not shown. And it was a sin to seek a sexual partner based on their external attractiveness.

The explanation is simple, there was seldom an abundance of food in the societies of the past, so being well fed and having reserves of body fat was synonymous with wealth and social status. That is why we see these images.

1st bold: My point exactly and that's what I've been taught.

2nd bold: *The* concept of beauty or *a* concept of beauty? If you could provide a source for that standard, I would enjoy reading that. I love reading about ancient cultures. I would tend to find it hard to believe that female beauty began at one point or there was any one culture that set the standard. It probably began in lockstep with ancient civilizations. Whether it was Incan, Mayan, Mesopotamian, Roman, Persian, Greek, Asian or perhaps even long before those eras, we just don't know. There are many theories but again to my original post in this thread, the notion of what is attractive or the concept of female beauty specifically, has changed down through the centuries.

You can begin to imagine a progression from the earliest times at 100% utilitarian/0% physical attractiveness (beauty). And beauty likely changed as the ratio changed from 100%/0% to 80/20 to 60/40 and so on until we reach our modern and now postmodern eras where it's almost 0%/100%. Men will desire a woman today if she's "hot" even if she has no skills, no talents, no intelligence, no creativity, no physical strength, infertile, and otherwise worthless (save for her physical appearance). I don't think it's a good thing. We live in a society that is hypersexualized and so completely oversexed that we overlook shortcomings that are necessary in lieu of her hotness level. This will eventually produce a 'dumbed downed' race of people that have no real skills, creativity, or intelligence.

The movie "Idiocracy" takes this dumbing down to an extreme level for the sake of comedy but really, we're already well on our way (in my opinion). For example, you may have to search hard for a person to have a philosophical or theoretical discussion of some abstract concept today. Or as another example, when I grew up, I played football and baseball but my English mother required that my brothers and I all knew a musical instrument. How many people (percentage or per capita) know how to read music and can play an instrument today? She demanded we be cultured. She would say, "It doesn't matter whether you become rich or poor, you can always have class." How many cultured women are out there? How many have class and proper etiquette. At one point, women were sent (forced) to a school called a 'finishing school' that taught them these very things. That would not fly today. Never.

“Dear Isabel, how strange it is to have a cultivated woman in the house again, and how intoxicating." - Legends Of The Fall

I would overlook many a deficiency in physical beauty in order to gain a classy woman and a woman of intelligence and creativity. There are women that have both. But I highly doubt those few beautiful, intelligent, creative, and cultured women today would find many of us desirable after the garbage and ignorance I've read in this thread. To anyone reading my last sentence and finding yourself offended, it likely pertains to you. My apologies in advance.

Back to the thread title, there's a large difference between a woman that inspires our boners vs a woman that inspires our minds. That's a whole other subject but the women I've looked for to have a sexy fling are much different than a woman I would be looking for as a wife. And women are the exact same way as to the men they choose. They may enjoy the occasional brute but eventually will likely settle on the most intelligent, successful, and creative male available to them. Thems the breaks.

I've wasted years of my life trying to get men and women to develop their intellect, talents, and creativity every bit as much as their physical appearance. I'm done with it. People aren't looking for evolved mates, just levels of physical beauty. The fat women described in this thread are, IMO, women that are crying out, in fact begging for a male to see the person they are inside. Society is trying to push men in that direction but it is a futile endeavor. We're just not buying it. We love those round asses and tits.

Okay, my thumbs went a little crazy here. I'm halfway through my 6th cup of coffee here.🤪

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws