over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat bosses in the workplace

VaginaBoob89

Registered
Simple question: Do you think fat/obese bosses at work are more likely to bully/abuse their power over guys and gals who are obviously in much better shape than average and visibly demonstrate healthy habits like meal prepping and bringing lunch to work?

I had one very overweight indonesian dude who was constantly giving me grief, loading me down with more work than my colleagues, and nitpicking/micromanaging me much more than them as well. One of my close friends is a 26 year old 58kg female powerlifter and she got a new boss about a year ago who is a 40 something obese single mother and was similarly constantly singling out and actively harassing the powerlifter who is in very good physical shape. We live in China where employee rights are quite weak and bosses can get away with a lot more shit with their subordinates. Anyway, this fat woman made her work overtime every single weekend for 2 months for 0 extra pay and would aggressively berate her for showing up to work at 8:04 instead of 8:00.

What do you guys think? Have you noticed any different or worse treatment if your boss is overweight obese compared to normal weight?

No, but I think insecure people will abuse their power. Not always but will. Insecure for many different reasons, I wouldn't pigeonhole obese/overweight people as either insecure or abusive though.

No.
We are not picked on for being in shape. If anything in life, it helps us and gets us more attention.
You and your friend had one shitty boss who didn't like you guys, that is all.
You're overthinking this.

Simple question: Do you think fat/obese bosses at work are more likely to bully/abuse their power over guys and gals who are obviously in much better shape than average and visibly demonstrate healthy habits like meal prepping and bringing lunch to work?

I had one very overweight indonesian dude who was constantly giving me grief, loading me down with more work than my colleagues, and nitpicking/micromanaging me much more than them as well. One of my close friends is a 26 year old 58kg female powerlifter and she got a new boss about a year ago who is a 40 something obese single mother and was similarly constantly singling out and actively harassing the powerlifter who is in very good physical shape. We live in China where employee rights are quite weak and bosses can get away with a lot more shit with their subordinates. Anyway, this fat woman made her work overtime every single weekend for 2 months for 0 extra pay and would aggressively berate her for showing up to work at 8:04 instead of 8:00.

What do you guys think? Have you noticed any different or worse treatment if your boss is overweight obese compared to normal weight?
answer - yes no doubt about it as far as being in better shape..also consider other obvious physical (and nonphysical) differences and that tend to inspire jealousy, or that the general public is being told to hate.

all my bosses have liked me but I have found stereotypes to be true in the work place as far as overweight people being lazy. Body language in general is a good indicator if someone is lazy or not and surprised many hiring managers do not take this into account. I have also had female co workers have an issue with me not being as "passive" as most males in my field. A male who speaks his mind and doesn't just go with the flow seems to be frowned upon among some female co workers who take pride in having a "strong personality" in their view. and of course, unless you agree with thus stuff being pushed now days no politics in the work place the can cost you your career.

In general most work places are bogged down with meetings and group think. Where I work we literally have meetings "because we haven't hand one in a while" and to schedule more meetings.

I've never gotten shit because I thought a boss was 'fit shaming' or whatever, but I've gotten used to the fact that if there's anything much physical involved, I'm gonna be the one doing it. It's been like that everywhere I've been, doesn't really bother me. I practically volunteer myself.

The most annoying thing my bosses have ever done, at least fat male ones, is talk about what a fuckin hoss they used to be. Of course the question always going through my mind is, 'wtf happened', but I refrain. My current one has actually asked me to touch his belly to confirm that it is indeed firm and may have once been muscle. People are strange

My boss was in excellent shape. He would let me show up and leave when I wanted. I even took long lunch breaks. Just an awesome all around guy who appreciated a great worker such as myself.

My boss was a total asshole. Oh wait, I was the boss. Life looks a tad different when your signature goes on the front of checks. No, I’ve never been “fat”. Bulky maybe once or twice.

Since you live in china, you are familiar with white monkey jobs? I know some people who have lived in china. In general, the Chinese do not see you as equal. Is your boss Chinese?

What are your jobs? What kind of work do you do?

It's hard to compare work environments in different countries without knowing cultural specifics.

Fat people often envy fit people. That's a fact.

I wouldn't say it applies to all of them though and if you're a big BB'ER... People aren't going to see you as fit neither since they are not that stupid and will know from your looks that you're on PEDs and thus likely not the healthiest of specimens.

I guess the solution to your issue is to get bigger 😂

I think I catch more shit from eating chicken and veggies all day at work more than anything else.

oh he isn’t gonna eat regular food....bitch i ate 4 sushi rolls and half a case of beer Saturday. I just don’t eat shit every meal

Some people are meant to be leaders. Some are not. I have wondered numerous times why my ex-boss was not nice to me and treated me differently. I had to go to therapy for it. Sometimes it’s just not you it’s them. I like to use Tom Brady as an example. People want to play with him. He’s a good leader and he has a good work ethic. Love him or hate him I feel like he brings out the best in his team mates and that’s what a good boss will do. Bring out the best in you.

Since you live in china, you are familiar with white monkey jobs? I know some people who have lived in china. In general, the Chinese do not see you as equal. Is your boss Chinese?

What are your jobs? What kind of work do you do?

It's hard to compare work environments in different countries without knowing cultural specifics.
No, never once had an issue with a Chinese boss ever. But like half of my foreign ones have been awful and fatties are pretty overrepresented among those. I'm far from white monkey because I teach the british equivalent of AP econ to students who are already(nominally) fluent in English and about a quarter of them are other foreigners.

Reactions: cal
When I went back to school to finish university i would get fit shamed in front of the class by an obese SJW professor. I was a consistent A student and she tried to fail me. Some people are just angry.

I think I catch more shit from eating chicken and veggies all day at work more than anything else.

oh he isn’t gonna eat regular food....bitch i ate 4 sushi rolls and half a case of beer Saturday. I just don’t eat shit every meal

That's just a reflection of how they could never have the discipline to structure food as a means of achieving a goal. Food is one of life's pleasures and "normal" people only view it as such. The idea of restricting or avoiding this pleasure brings out the insecurities in people who hit the drive-thru every day as they are slaves and can't control themselves. I've dealt with this too.

Some people also have a hidden agenda with food. They offer it to people in an effort to be liked, get something in return, or to get out of doing something. I worked with a guy who was always bringing in snacks for the staff so people would like him. He never did his work, but everyone lets him off the hook because "he brought in those cookies." I don't subscribe to that.

Anytime someone offers me food I give them the same answer:

"That's very generous of you, but I'm ok. Thank you."

I say that with a pleasant demeanor. If the person accepts that, and they should, everything is fine. Of course that's rare and I usually get responses like:

"Someone offers you food and you refuse? What kind of person are you?"

"Aw, come on, just have some."

"You never take anything from me. You don't like me anymore?"

So when this nonsense happens, I respond with:

"I was very polite in stating that I don't want any. If you can't accept that, that's your fucken problem."

I say that with assertion and walk away. Later on they always end up apologizing to me because they're insecure. None of that guilt and manipulation bullshit works on me. I see it coming a mile away and shut it down.

Lol not really sure how to respond to the post but the title made my giggle

Probably a work place culture thing. I cant speak to the kind of people lining up to teach in a country foreign (except for a single guy I know who is a straight up good dude and friend no questions asked so my sample size is 1) but I am assuming most are people trying to advance or stand out in their field taking a similar job to yours. If they are indeed fat or sloppy AND ambitious, you have your answer. Its probably not so much the fat part.

No, never once had an issue with a Chinese boss ever. But like half of my foreign ones have been awful and fatties are pretty overrepresented among those. I'm far from white monkey because I teach the british equivalent of AP econ to students who are already(nominally) fluent in English and about a quarter of them are other foreigners.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131