over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

fat choices for breakfast?

Omega eggs and turkey bacon

S'more poptart marshmallow fluff filled sandwiches. Lathered with grass fed butter. The grass fed is ultra important or it throws the whole meal off.

Always start my day with half a tin of tuna with 15g fat from almonds walnuts and olive oil mixed together with black pepper. A lot nicer than it sounds. Oh and a chicken breast and my fish is and evening primrose oil. Comes in about 50g protein and 24g fat. Never rest carbs in my first meal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Always start my day with half a tin of tuna with 15g fat from almonds walnuts and olive oil mixed together with black pepper. A lot nicer than it sounds. Oh and a chicken breast and my fish is and evening primrose oil. Comes in about 50g protein and 24g fat. Never rest carbs in my first meal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Generally, when someone talks about primrose oil, I know they've consulted with Shelby at some point. LOL.

If you think bacon and sausage are better breakfast choices than sugary oatmeal, you are out of your mind.

2056641388_5a0bf0de2d_z.jpg

It's kind of funny that humans are the only species that eat specific foods as 'breakfast' foods. Why not have a steak for breakfast, some london broil, seafood, chicken thighs, etc?

Anyway, that being said most of my favorite fat sources have been listed but just to reiterate:

Farm fresh eggs
Bacon (from healthy pigs)
Sausage (from healthy pigs)
Avocado
Coconut Oil
Grass-fed butter/Ghee
Red Palm Oil
Fatback/Pork belly
Grass-fed beef
Wild caught seafood
Cacao nibs
Macadamia Nuts/Nut butter
Sunflower seeds/butter
Full fat pastured (preferably raw) dairy (cheese, yogurt, kefir, sour cream, etc)
Olives/olive oil
Lard
Duck fat
Tallow

Those are the main ones, sometimes I'll rotate in things like avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, organ meat and other 'unusual' cuts, etc.

That's a pretty good list IMHO and you should be able to combine stuff to make a wide variety of things.

A couple things I eat regularly:

-Steak and eggs with a little Himalayan Pink Salt and fresh ground pepper, yogurt or kefir
-Omelette with home cured ham, peppers and goat cheese with fresh guac on top and some bacon
-Scrambled eggs with red palm oil on top, spicy sausage, few onces of fatback and a handful of cacao nibs
-Lettuce wrap with shrimp, avocado, crabmeat, bacon, cherry tomatoes and either a handful of macadamia nuts, or a couple spoonfuls of sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)

*Also, I cook everything in saturated fats, they are more stable and best for cooking so that imparts some fat as well. I use lard more than anything.

Last edited:
Generally, when someone talks about primrose oil, I know they've consulted with Shelby at some point. LOL.
Primrose is weak, borage is where it's at. Kids these days.

If you think bacon and sausage are better breakfast choices than sugary oatmeal, you are out of your mind.

It just may be, if the oinkers were raised on GMO corn, soy, cottonseed and God knows what else they feed them in those effed up factory farms.

It's kind of funny that humans are the only species that eat specific foods as 'breakfast' foods. Why not have a steak for breakfast, some london broil, seafood, chicken thighs, etc?

Anyway, that being said most of my favorite fat sources have been listed but just to reiterate:

Farm fresh eggs
Bacon (from healthy pigs)
Sausage (from healthy pigs)
Avocado
Coconut Oil
Grass-fed butter/Ghee
Red Palm Oil
Fatback/Pork belly
Grass-fed beef
Wild caught seafood
Cacao nibs
Macadamia Nuts/Nut butter
Sunflower seeds/butter
Full fat pastured (preferably raw) dairy (cheese, yogurt, kefir, sour cream, etc)
Olives/olive oil
Lard
Duck fat
Tallow

Those are the main ones, sometimes I'll rotate in things like avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, organ meat and other 'unusual' cuts, etc.

That's a pretty good list IMHO and you should be able to combine stuff to make a wide variety of things.

A couple things I eat regularly:

-Steak and eggs with a little Himalayan Pink Salt and fresh ground pepper, yogurt or kefir
-Omelette with home cured ham, peppers and goat cheese with fresh guac on top and some bacon
-Scrambled eggs with red palm oil on top, spicy sausage, few onces of fatback and a handful of cacao nibs
-Lettuce wrap with shrimp, avocado, crabmeat, bacon, cherry tomatoes and either a handful of macadamia nuts, or a couple spoonfuls of sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)

*Also, I cook everything in saturated fats, they are more stable and best for cooking so that imparts some fat as well. I use lard more than anything.
Celtic sea salt is nice too

Celtic sea salt is nice too

I keep that on hand as well. I actually have probably half a dozen different kinds of salt depending on what I'm using it for. Some for cooking, some for finishing, some for a certain taste, etc. lol.

My sister lives in Brooklyn and can send me salt from this place, they have a great selection.

**broken link removed**

scramble eggs and bacon:headbang:

I keep that on hand as well. I actually have probably half a dozen different kinds of salt depending on what I'm using it for. Some for cooking, some for finishing, some for a certain taste, etc. lol.

My sister lives in Brooklyn and can send me salt from this place, they have a great selection.

**broken link removed**
That...is an impressive selection. The Real McCoy vs The Real Deal Holyfield, which one to pick first?

Not to get off point, It's peculiar that the most greedy, insidious and destructive powers that try to tell us what to eat, e.g. iodized salt, are themselves lacking the goodness of salt.

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

Last edited:
Seems low or no carb first meal of the day is popular, what's the methodology. Avoid the insulin spike?

Some great suggestions but I do think many of you way overthink things.

I tend to just have oats with protein powder for my breakfast. I will drink some fish oil though at that time. Recently been having eggs with soldiers (toast) :D I usually do that with cherry tomatoes and mature cheese. I rotate cooking oils but basically whatever they have on offer.

My fav breakfast is a full English but I don't have them often. I will when I stay in hotels and will have abit of everything including about 7 pieces of bacon and lots of eggs.

Seems low or no carb first meal of the day is popular, what's the methodology. Avoid the insulin spike?

There are so many factors at play from individual to individual it's tough to say.

Some would have you take most of your daily carbs after fasting all night and after training.

Egg Yolks(pastured or free range)
Coconut Oil
Avocado
Bacon

Yep yep yep!

JM has me eating coconut oil w my egg whites. I actually eat the egg whites plain & put the EVCO in my coffee...YUM!

There are so many factors at play from individual to individual it's tough to say.

Some would have you take most of your daily carbs after fasting all night and after training.

Even though fasting over nightt insulin sensitivity is best at night.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear