over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat intake when insulin is active

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When taking insulin pre, post or both pre and post ...d o you avoid fat completely in the active window or incorporate some fats?

I always had as little fat as possible when using fast acting slin. But I've read people on other forms say they didn't see results until they incorporated some fat (10 or so) during their pre workout meal when combined with insulin.

They speculated that the it had a positive effect because fat can be stored intramuscularly

Say someone is using 8 iu novalin r pre

50g protein 80g carbs 0 fat

50g protein 80g carbs 10 g fat

What would be the difference?

no i asked this same question to Justin harris. what you do is map your insulin to your diet. now he uses insulin 3 times a day usually 2-3 times a week on his high days. his high days don't have added fats to the meals, they are like whey and oats, or chicken and rice.

now the reason why they say don't use fats with slin is they slow down the release of glucose. when you use insulin and the carbs are not coming in at the rate they should you can go hypo. ie your using 8iu of slin post workout with a meal that has 100 carbs 50 protein but also 25 fats. that 25 g of fat will slow the gastric emptying of the food and depending on how you react to the slin you can go hypo.

generally you avoid it for that reason. he even has insulin being used on cheat meals with fats. fat will always go to where fat goes regardless of slin use or not.

figure your diet out and than use slin to map back to the diet to enhance nutrient uptake. fat will always go where fat goes with or wihout insulin.

I've been avoiding them like the plague but both my meals near the insulin still have SOME fat. I ain't over here buying 99% fat free meat.

no i asked this same question to Justin harris. what you do is map your insulin to your diet. now he uses insulin 3 times a day usually 2-3 times a week on his high days. his high days don't have added fats to the meals, they are like whey and oats, or chicken and rice.

now the reason why they say don't use fats with slin is they slow down the release of glucose. when you use insulin and the carbs are not coming in at the rate they should you can go hypo. ie your using 8iu of slin post workout with a meal that has 100 carbs 50 protein but also 25 fats. that 25 g of fat will slow the gastric emptying of the food and depending on how you react to the slin you can go hypo.

generally you avoid it for that reason. he even has insulin being used on cheat meals with fats. fat will always go to where fat goes regardless of slin use or not.

figure your diet out and than use slin to map back to the diet to enhance nutrient uptake. fat will always go where fat goes with or wihout insulin.
Diet is already set, I normally eat 80g carbs atlesst pre workout so not eating more due to slin. Just wasn't sure if the fat could help since I've read some people say you should add in some fat (a small amount not 20g) and the insulin will work better.

Why are you even taking slin? Haven’t you mentioned multiple times you dont want to be overly muscular?

Why are you even taking slin? Haven’t you mentioned multiple times you dont want to be overly muscular?
Always looking to gain just not go off-season mode, the ratio of fat gain to lean tissue gain never works in my favor, also the rise in bp, heart palpitations when I start to go past 200, 210, etc

Currently eating 3500 calories at 192 in the am after a piss, which is more then enough carbs to support a small dose of insulin.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131