over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

fat intake

Some people just want to always be right theoneanonly;) Your kicking the deadhorse brother. Leave it alone man:D they been here before you, so they know everything.:D

You know, I had a long, informative reply typed out with links and explanations, but since you want to be judgemental and condescending then yes, I just want to be right and since I've been here longer in my mind I am. You got me pegged. And you've only been here a few days, you must be very insightful.

Not quite keto. There is a difference between ketosis and being fat-adapted.

I am also grain and gluten free so most of the traditional bodybuilding foods are things I don't eat. This is from my personal belief that human genetics are not evolved to properly digest such things. I am more of a Primal/Paleo believer. So it's not just energy but, optimal bodily function, leanness, health, etc. The benefits are plenty. :)

From an evolution point of view what you say makes a lot of sense and many people see great benefits eating that way. For whatever reason though my body certainly doesn't work that way and a huge amount of my calories come from rice. I seem to struggle digesting fat so keep it bellow 50 daily as a rule and make sure i get my essential fats. Do you not find your self feeling flat with so few carbs or has your body adapted? I hate the way I look on my low carb days and there still 100. My high days are 600. I think it's a very healthy way to live what your doing just doesn't work for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

From an evolution point of view what you say makes a lot of sense and many people see great benefits eating that way. For whatever reason though my body certainly doesn't work that way and a huge amount of my calories come from rice. I seem to struggle digesting fat so keep it bellow 50 daily as a rule and make sure i get my essential fats. Do you not find your self feeling flat with so few carbs or has your body adapted? I hate the way I look on my low carb days and there still 100. My high days are 600. I think it's a very healthy way to live what your doing just doesn't work for me.

There are always exceptions to every rule :)

Rice is really not terrible, white rice is better than brown contrary to popular belief. The antinutrients are in the endosperm/bran which is the outer 'covering' on brown rice. The downside to rice is that it isn't very nutritious, basically just a pure starch. I would personally rather eat a sweet potato or plantain and get plenty on micronutrients with those carbs. I definitely see where rice could have its place though and its very calorie dense for the price which is a plus.

I don't feel flat, and I don't think I look flat. I'm also more vascular than I've ever been, not sure if that is because I'm eating differently, or just from getting leaner. I think the 175-200 carbs I eat PWO is enough to fill glycogen stores, help me recover, keep me full and give me energy for the next glycolytic event (workout). I would guess that with so many fats, the body can use glucose preferentially for brain activity and muscle needs and then just burn fat for energy the rest of the day during low level activity which allows such a small amount of carbs to keep you full.

Have you ever had gall bladder problems? Sometimes that can effect fat digestion. Just curious, my sister-in-law had hers removed and it caused some problems.

Anyway, like you said, it makes sense evolutionarily and I think it's working great for me.

No ghaul bladder problems no. It is white rice I use yes for digestability. I just find my body burns through glycogen at a silly rate even when I'm not doing much . To stay looking full and maintain vascularity I need at least 400 carbs daily. I have a very narrow waist so if stomach starts filling up it distendeds outward so I don't want stuff sat in there digesting too long, mabey I'm being fussy. I have to increase fats wh en trying to gain as I can't gain weight on carbs for shit. I always put mixed vegetables in my rice to add some nutrition as although there's nothing bad in rice like you say it's empty calories, excellent for refilling glycogen though.

Hey Pharm Fed, I'm a bit interested in your diet style. Are you able to post a typical training days diet for us. You can PM it if you don't want to take the thread off topic.

Thanks mate

No ghaul bladder problems no. It is white rice I use yes for digestability. I just find my body burns through glycogen at a silly rate even when I'm not doing much . To stay looking full and maintain vascularity I need at least 400 carbs daily. I have a very narrow waist so if stomach starts filling up it distendeds outward so I don't want stuff sat in there digesting too long, mabey I'm being fussy. I have to increase fats wh en trying to gain as I can't gain weight on carbs for shit. I always put mixed vegetables in my rice to add some nutrition as although there's nothing bad in rice like you say it's empty calories, excellent for refilling glycogen though.

The human body is so fascinating. I wish I had time to study and learn more. People are so different.

Hey Pharm Fed, I'm a bit interested in your diet style. Are you able to post a typical training days diet for us. You can PM it if you don't want to take the thread off topic.

Thanks mate

Be glad to. Here is an outline of what I've eaten for the past few weeks. Don't always follow it to a tee, but very close. Sometimes I only have one egg with the ground beef, or sometimes I'll have 400g of yams and no plantains, maybe some days I'll add 100g of strawberries. But pretty close. This is just enough food to get me through my work day. When I get home I make something my wife and I can both eat. It's almost always seafood. A few examples, bacon-wrapped scallops, swordfish steak and broccoli; macadamia nut crusted sea bass with mashed cauliflower and beets; Monkfish provincial with stuffed acorn squash; blackened catfish with goat cheese salad and beets; crispy skin salmon over sauteed spinach with sweet potato fries and avocado, etc. I enjoy cooking so dinner is my time to have a nice meal. Tonight we're having steamed clams and halibut :D

Anyway, here you go.

ScreenShot2013-03-25at211821_zps76e61e4f.png

On rest days the first meal with all the fruits/and carbs is reduced to just a protein shake upon waking up, the rest of the day is the same. The last two with beef jerky and nut, and yogurt and a shake are snack that are eaten some days when hunger is higher, but not everyday. Like I said, it's more of a template, I still follow hunger and don't force down food.

I'll add to that, that all meat is grass-fed, pastured, organic, sustainable, etc. Eggs are farm fresh, fruits and veggies are organic and usually local. Sausage and beef jerky and homemade. Everything fresh, natural, etc. which makes a huge difference. I don't think I would be eating all that fat if it wasn't from healthy animals.

The human body is so fascinating. I wish I had time to study and learn more. People are so different

That's why it takes so long to learn this bodybuilding thing. Taken me over 2 years to find what works for me. Unfortunately i seem to be the opposite to the majority of people so tried s lit of stuff that doesn't work for me as it works for most. Low carb keto etc. Still honing in my carb cycling. Had a low day yesterday and trained legs today. Even though I had 2 meals before totaling 200 g carbs my body stashed them away as glycogen so fast it left me very low blood sugar and energy. Nearly went hypo after squats. Going to do my high days day before next time so I'm preloaded and try that.

Last edited:
The human body is so fascinating. I wish I had time to study and learn more. People are so different.

Be glad to. Here is an outline of what I've eaten for the past few weeks. Don't always follow it to a tee, but very close. Sometimes I only have one egg with the ground beef, or sometimes I'll have 400g of yams and no plantains, maybe some days I'll add 100g of strawberries. But pretty close. This is just enough food to get me through my work day. When I get home I make something my wife and I can both eat. It's almost always seafood. A few examples, bacon-wrapped scallops, swordfish steak and broccoli; macadamia nut crusted sea bass with mashed cauliflower and beets; Monkfish provincial with stuffed acorn squash; blackened catfish with goat cheese salad and beets; crispy skin salmon over sauteed spinach with sweet potato fries and avocado, etc. I enjoy cooking so dinner is my time to have a nice meal. Tonight we're having steamed clams and halibut :D

Anyway, here you go.

ScreenShot2013-03-25at211821_zps76e61e4f.png

On rest days the first meal with all the fruits/and carbs is reduced to just a protein shake upon waking up, the rest of the day is the same. The last two with beef jerky and nut, and yogurt and a shake are snack that are eaten some days when hunger is higher, but not everyday. Like I said, it's more of a template, I still follow hunger and don't force down food.

Like Incognito1 said guys, please dont take my thread off topic:D Looks like many copy and paste jobs here:D Any other takers on fat intake.

PS. Hey Pharma fed, do you have some pictures to post up off yourself? I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures with all this knowledge..

You know, I had a long, informative reply typed out with links and explanations, but since you want to be judgemental and condescending then yes, I just want to be right and since I've been here longer in my mind I am. You got me pegged. And you've only been here a few days, you must be very insightful.

leave it to you to mess up a mans thread because you have more posts than me.:rolleyes: You must be a big GURU:eek: Like the man said, since you are some pro, PLEASE POST UP SOME PICTURES AND SHOW ALL OF US. Why would someone like me be able to give any advice. I'm no VET with 3000 posts like you....:eek:

Like Incognito1 said guys, please dont take my thread off topic:D Looks like many copy and paste jobs here:D Any other takers on fat intake.

PS. Hey Pharma fed, do you have some pictures to post up off yourself? I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures with all this knowledge..

What exactly is copy and paste? Please show me. And BTW it's PHARM_FED. There is no a at the end of Pharm. It you want to call me out at least get my name correct.

leave it to you to mess up a mans thread because you have more posts than me.:rolleyes: You must be a big GURU:eek: Like the man said, since you are some pro, PLEASE POST UP SOME PICTURES AND SHOW ALL OF US. Why would someone like me be able to give any advice. I'm no VET with 3000 posts like you....:eek:

Excuse me? You claimed to know more about keto than anyone here because you do it once a year, lol. And you jumped in this thread to ride the OP's dick. You are both new and need to learn some humility. Coming on a new board attacking vets is not the best way to start off.

I offered a response, apparently it wasn't what he wanted to hear. You have no idea who I am or what my intentions are so stop being a jackass and jumping to conclusions. You're the one trying to argue over semantics and arbitrary numbers. Then again you are the expert on ketosis :rolleyes: Instead of offering nothing why don't you put up some information you've learned over all these years of doing ketosis and teach us laymen something instead of trying to argue with me? :lightbulb:

And although I'm not sure it proves anything, I'd be glad to post pics. I never claimed to be a guru, never claimed to be some freak or a monster but I have read a book or two. I didn't just pull this stuff out of my ass.

I don't take enough drugs to be a mass monster, but I think I have a decent look. Not that it matters, there are plenty of people who are brilliant in nutrition that don't look like it. You don't have to be jacked and shredded to know how the body works...

IMG_0825_zps7e3508c3.jpg

IMG_0826_zps6282b73c.jpg

IMG_0831_zps2009b736.jpg

Go ahead and tell me how bad I look. I'm sure I'd look better if I followed your advice. Maybe you could do a diet for me and get me to freak status. :rolleyes:

Well there seems to be some disagreement with Pharm Fed's diet style. I just want to say that I share much of his philosophy on diet. I have read a good deal of his posts regarding nutrition and he has commented on mine so I think it's safe for me to say that his beliefs (and mine) in nutrition are rooted in the research of Dr Weston A Price. Eat as nature intended, nutrient dense, emphasis on healthy fats (saturated and nonsaturated), fermented foods, and no processed junky foods. He is correct about anti-nutrients (phytates,etc) as well. If you want to learn about this philosophy of eating, pick up a book called Nourishing Traditions. Changed my perception of diet.

By the way, I think PF looks damn good in his pics. Don't eat too much fats bro, you'll get fat!

I think I am going to have to do a bit of research into this way of eating. I am sort of eating these types of foods now, but I think ill look into it more seriously and tailor it to my needs. Thanks for the insight.

Back to the thread topic. Sorry

Well there seems to be some disagreement with Pharm Fed's diet style. I just want to say that I share much of his philosophy on diet. I have read a good deal of his posts regarding nutrition and he has commented on mine so I think it's safe for me to say that his beliefs (and mine) in nutrition are rooted in the research of Dr Weston A Price. Eat as nature intended, nutrient dense, emphasis on healthy fats (saturated and nonsaturated), fermented foods, and no processed junky foods. He is correct about anti-nutrients (phytates,etc) as well. If you want to learn about this philosophy of eating, pick up a book called Nourishing Traditions. Changed my perception of diet.

By the way, I think PF looks damn good in his pics. Don't eat too much fats bro, you'll get fat!

Not sure why people get so bent out of shape lol. As you say pharm fed looks great, probably very healthy and his ideas are based on good science and logical thought. As ive previously said high fat diet not for me so I've found my own path but I've got usually good insulin sensitivity which means carbs are my best friend. One point i think is universal though is the processed food thing, that really is bullshit food. I might eat a ton of carbs but at least they all grow in the ground:)is whatever method gives you best results and you feel good on is the correct method (for you).

Don't think I've answered ops question but about 30 or 40g daily fat but on high carb days just 5g fish oil and 3g evening primrose oil and the tiny amount in rice and turkey breast. I keep my fats to last meal or 2 and my carbs first 3 or 4. I don't compete yet but this is for a hard cut. Bulking I might go up to 80 max but still as low as possible on high carb days

Last edited:
Not sure why people get so bent out of shape lol.

Haha, yeah no shit. This is just the Internet, lol. I was just defending PF's philosophy on nutrition

Point is whatever method gives you best results and you feel good on is the correct method (for you)

Totally agree. By the way I also share some of your philosophy as well (intermittent fasting). Which also draws fire from the bros

Many ways to skin a cat.

Don't think I've answered ops question but about 30 or 40g daily fat but on high carb days just 5g fish oil and 3g evening primrose oil and the tiny amount in rice and turkey breast. I keep my fats to last meal or 2 and my carbs first 3 or 4. I don't compete yet but this is for a hard cut. Bulking I might go up to 80 max but still as low as possible on high carb days

I don't really count macros these days but I would guess that I am around 100g + fats per day. My total calories are pretty low though

What exactly is copy and paste? Please show me. And BTW it's PHARM_FED. There is no a at the end of Pharm. It you want to call me out at least get my name correct.

Excuse me? You claimed to know more about keto than anyone here because you do it once a year, lol. And you jumped in this thread to ride the OP's dick. You are both new and need to learn some humility. Coming on a new board attacking vets is not the best way to start off.

I offered a response, apparently it wasn't what he wanted to hear. You have no idea who I am or what my intentions are so stop being a jackass and jumping to conclusions. You're the one trying to argue over semantics and arbitrary numbers. Then again you are the expert on ketosis :rolleyes: Instead of offering nothing why don't you put up some information you've learned over all these years of doing ketosis and teach us laymen something instead of trying to argue with me? :lightbulb:

And although I'm not sure it proves anything, I'd be glad to post pics. I never claimed to be a guru, never claimed to be some freak or a monster but I have read a book or two. I didn't just pull this stuff out of my ass.

I don't take enough drugs to be a mass monster, but I think I have a decent look. Not that it matters, there are plenty of people who are brilliant in nutrition that don't look like it. You don't have to be jacked and shredded to know how the body works...

IMG_0825_zps7e3508c3.jpg

IMG_0826_zps6282b73c.jpg

IMG_0831_zps2009b736.jpg

Go ahead and tell me how bad I look. I'm sure I'd look better if I followed your advice. Maybe you could do a diet for me and get me to freak status. :rolleyes:

Your a vet:cool: You need much work brother:D Yes I look much better, but you said it I didn't...:) at least you got 1 thing right. By the way a thousand useless posts dont make you a pro/vet:D I would NEVER ATACK A VET:D Your copy and paste jobs dont give you justice...Next time do more pushups before you get out of the shower, your pump might be better:D

PS. If you want to be a vet so bad, follow vet protocols and quit messing this man thread up. VETS DONT DO THAT:eek:

Last edited:

IMG_0825_zps7e3508c3.jpg

IMG_0826_zps6282b73c.jpg

IMG_0831_zps2009b736.jpg

Man If I called you out bro, you would now it:lightbulb:. MAKE NO MISTAKE. I agree with CRIMRP, if your some so called vet, why are you shitting on my thread. Thats just not what a so called vet does. Please either, give me some suggestions, or please stay off my thread. You dont see me follwing you around trying to be some big man:banghead:. Thanks, the pictures look ok. But please, give me solid friendly advice, dont come on my thread and shit on it because you been here longer. NOT COOL BRO>>>

Man, had a reply all typed out, but I'm going to take the high road.

This will be my last comment in this thread. Hopefully you get whatever you're looking for.

Sorry you had people messing up your thread brother:confused: I know how that can be when your new to the board. Some just forget where they came from:rolleyes: Anyway, i will throw in my 2 cents. I keep my fats rather low because my system is very sensitive, and my Triglycerides stay pretty high most the time. With all that said and done I keep my GOOD FATS at around 40 grams per day and I weight about 165lb. Hope that helps man...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws