over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat post a myth?

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have read you don't want fats post workout. I also hear it's a myth if you have already introduced your body to fats due to previous meals. Anyone care to chime in?

You don't want a LOT of fat PWO just because you want a fast digesting meal.

Also the PWO fat phobia is from guys shooting insulin pre/post workout.

Hell there's study's showing EPA/DHA from fishoil increases protein synthesis PWO when added to whey.

Shelby had me adding almond butter to my PWO whey.....I think that guy knows a little.....

Last edited:
MYTH.

Although I do believe certain macros are generally best at certain times. I guess it depends upon your goals. Although say someone was doing fixed macros (40/30/20) for every single meal they would definitely not being doing a disservice to themselves. If those overall daily macros fit their caloric needs then it doesn't matter if fat was put postworkout. Fat will slow down the absorption of a meal and minimize any possible insulin spike.

There are 101 variables as some guys may want an insulin spike at certain times in the day. Others may not want carbs before bed. They may also want a certain meal to be digested as fast as possible. This is why I generally like to have fast carbs (without fat) post workout to replenish glycogen. But at the end of the day it makes little difference as long as you are sticking to a plan and eating the daily macros you require.

It's also a MYTH that fat will make you fat when insulin is active. Although like with everything there are so many variables and the insulin dose and grams of fat are major factors.

MYTH.

It's also a MYTH that fat will make you fat when insulin is active. Although like with everything there are so many variables and the insulin dose and grams of fat are major factors.

I wont believe that you wont increase ur bf% on slin with no age, till I see it. I mean when used regular for at least a month, no GH, no GH stimulating peptides. Physiologically just sounds impossible. i dont say u gonna turn from 8% bf to 20%bf, but a person can easily go from 8%to 10% while still eating clean. That s what slin does, besides all the benefits - It just likes to store fat.

I wont believe that you wont increase ur bf% on slin with no age, till I see it. I mean when used regular for at least a month, no GH, no GH stimulating peptides. Physiologically just sounds impossible. i dont say u gonna turn from 8% bf to 20%bf, but a person can easily go from 8%to 10% while still eating clean. That s what slin does, besides all the benefits - It just likes to store fat.

Definitely. But again there are so many variables. If someone is using slin to noticeably grow then you use it with the needed calories so of course you are going to store a little fat. Some guys literally think if they add any fat to slin it will just be stored and they will get fatter. So even if they have slin active for 8-12 hours per day they literally won't eat any fat the entire time and all I am stating is that extreme is not needed. Although if I were to use lantus for example I would definitely be following a low fat diet. Again your exact goals, the dose of slin and the amount of calories (fat/carbs/protein) are all factors. If I person was to go from 8% to 10% bodyfat I would expect a 20-25 pound weight again in return.

Definitely. But again there are so many variables. If someone is using slin to noticeably grow then you use it with the needed calories so of course you are going to store a little fat. Some guys literally think if they add any fat to slin it will just be stored and they will get fatter. So even if they have slin active for 8-12 hours per day they literally won't eat any fat the entire time and all I am stating is that extreme is not needed. Although if I were to use lantus for example I would definitely be following a low fat diet. Again your exact goals, the dose of slin and the amount of calories (fat/carbs/protein) are all factors. If I person was to go from 8% to 10% bodyfat I would expect a 20-25 pound weight again in return.

EXACTLY!

Insulin should be thought of as enhancing or getting more out of the food your already eating

I'd love to hear the brains on this forum discuss the effects on insulin sensitivity when combining high levels of fats with carbs... started a thread a while back which went nowhere...

People like to call bullshit.. but there seems to be a lot of evidence that suggests otherwise. See link below for example... Rats fed a high fat high fructose diet caused T2D... just high fructose did not.

https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12986-016-0074-1

I'd love to hear the brains on this forum discuss the effects on insulin sensitivity when combining high levels of fats with carbs... started a thread a while back which went nowhere...

People like to call bullshit.. but there seems to be a lot of evidence that suggests otherwise. See link below for example... Rats fed a high fat high fructose diet caused T2D... just high fructose did not.

https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12986-016-0074-1

You probably won't get too far on this one because the generalized "it depends" answer REALLY applies with this concept. There are too many biological, circumstantial, and environmental variables to take into account to make any blanket kind of blanket statement that can apply to everyone.

This is where I feel like learning your body while applying basic nutrient timing practices will most likely be best. Learning and adjusting overtime as every surplus and deficit is different.

EXACTLY!

Insulin should be thought of as enhancing or getting more out of the food your already eating

Insulin should be thought as the most anabolic hormone and that s exactly what it is, and if u dont utilize it right - u re just wasting ur time and money. Steroids and gh by themselves dont make 6ft 330 lbs monsters. It s insulin and the IGF1 released from the gh and extended by the slin/gh combo that makes monsters.

You probably won't get too far on this one because the generalized "it depends" answer REALLY applies with this concept. There are too many biological, circumstantial, and environmental variables to take into account to make any blanket kind of blanket statement that can apply to everyone.

This is where I feel like learning your body while applying basic nutrient timing practices will most likely be best. Learning and adjusting overtime as every surplus and deficit is different.

I understand what you're saying.. however it seems pretty clear at least in this study that it's fat WITH carbs that causes the T2D. And playing devil's advocate, I'm sure there is some biological differences between the rats in the study...

Either way, not disagreeing.. but I think it's worth acknowledging this is out there and at least considering it when making dietary choices/plans esp in the presence of exogenous insulin/gh...

too many variables in a biochemical system. Generally speaking this will reduce insulin sensitivey faster then either one alone but no definitive one size fits all answer exists

Insulin should be thought as the most anabolic hormone and that s exactly what it is, and if u dont utilize it right - u re just wasting ur time and money. Steroids and gh by themselves dont make 6ft 330 lbs monsters. It s insulin and the IGF1 released from the gh and extended by the slin/gh combo that makes monsters.

Many guys have stated hgh + slin is a game changer. Big A himself recently stated the same thing so check out his interview on Anasci. Although I would say if a guy doesn't have it from AAS only they won't get it by adding in hgh, slin, lr3 etc. Sure they will help and I don't really want to put a number on things (different for everyone) but approx 70-80% of gains are aas. Meaning the likes of Jay Cutler, Ramy, Dexter, Heath etc could look similar to how they do on AAS only. The slin and hgh can bring about much more size but it's not like if AAS gets you to 220 the slin and hgh will put you up to 320.

To a point your right. Exogenous insulin really does make a difference for the vast majority of people.

Your preaching to the choir Xman haha I'm mentoring with Milos :)

I understand what you're saying.. however it seems pretty clear at least in this study that it's fat WITH carbs that causes the T2D. And playing devil's advocate, I'm sure there is some biological differences between the rats in the study...

Either way, not disagreeing.. but I think it's worth acknowledging this is out there and at least considering it when making dietary choices/plans esp in the presence of exogenous insulin/gh...

Definitely agree man! There are some clear guidelines that most should considering following

Many guys have stated hgh + slin is a game changer. Big A himself recently stated the same thing so check out his interview on Anasci. Although I would say if a guy doesn't have it from AAS only they won't get it by adding in hgh, slin, lr3 etc. Sure they will help and I don't really want to put a number on things (different for everyone) but approx 70-80% of gains are aas. Meaning the likes of Jay Cutler, Ramy, Dexter, Heath etc could look similar to how they do on AAS only. The slin and hgh can bring about much more size but it's not like if AAS gets you to 220 the slin and hgh will put you up to 320.

Agreed Elvia. They're all part of the equation just as much as base genetics and your genetic response to AAS/slin/gh/growth factors

To a point your right. Exogenous insulin really does make a difference for the vast majority of people.

Your preaching to the choir Xman haha I'm mentoring with Milos :)

Definitely agree man! There are some clear guidelines that most should considering following

Agreed Elvia. They're all part of the equation just as much as base genetics and your genetic response to AAS/slin/gh/growth factors

What is your slin protocol at the moment under Milos? Thanks

PM coming your way

You should have just said sorry I can't as he would rather me not disclose things. Now you are gonna have 30 guys pm you asking for your slin protocol :eek: I imagine it's similar to what I have heard before and I actually tried not so long ago. Thanks

You should have just said sorry I can't as he would rather me not disclose things. Now you are gonna have 30 guys pm you asking for your slin protocol :eek: I imagine it's similar to what I have heard before and I actually tried not so long ago. Thanks

Yeah I probably should have thought that one through...no one else PM me about it please/thank you :) haha

I have read you don't want fats post workout. I also hear it's a myth if you have already introduced your body to fats due to previous meals. Anyone care to chime in?

i think it depends on what you want...

pretty sure "post work out" nutrients are gona be pushed into cells that need it more ie muscle and repair and fat cells "storage" desensitized.

insulin just basically pushes the nutrients along.

more slin more push

diet question?
health question?
drug question?

each would get a different response

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828