over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat vs water retention

ajdonutz

Kilo Klub Member
Just curious when you guys are bulking how do you differentiate the 2? Its hard for me to tell.. when i put on fat, the first places to get it are the same places that hold water... so it makes it hard for me to tell.. curious on others thoughts on this?

Start out at a very low bodyfat sub 8%...then bulk up

Also if you have BP issues ask your doctor about HCTZ...it will keep you nice and dry year around

If you want to know for sure, control estrogen, control sodium, drop the bloat even temporarily and you'll find out. I never have a problem with a lot of water retention, even during heavy bulking in the offseason. I do get fat though LOL.
In my experience, what most people describe as "bloat" is usually fat.

Last edited:
If you want to know for sure, control estrogen, control sodium, drop the bloat even temporarily and you'll find out. I never have a problem with a lot of water retention, even during heavy bulking in the offseason. I do get fat though LOL.
In my experience, what most people describe as "bloat" is usually fat.

I actually bloat like a mofo just from change in diet haha.. im unlucky incthat aspect, but i guess its ok since thats the only side ive ever experienced.. dbol wrecks me. And everything else has me bloated. Its easy to tell at first because it looks like ivd put on 5lbs of fat in the first week ha, but later in its a little harder to tell, arimidex doesnt get me totally dry.. maybe i need to try letro or stane

Water is flimsy, loose and not solid.....

Fat is dense and has a different bounce and feel....

MOST advanced competitors that use good aas and gh hold quite a bit of water but not as much fat.....I figured this out several times by cutting out "cheat meals" and going on "pre-contest" type nutrition for 3 weeks...

The water dissipated and I realized how lean I stayed from such high calories prior....

If you have a nice muscular base, and decent metabolism and eat healthy while mass gaining + use quality gear you should not be accumulating excessive fat...

-FF

Water is flimsy, loose and not solid.....

Fat is dense and has a different bounce and feel....

MOST advanced competitors that use good aas and gh hold quite a bit of water but not as much fat.....I figured this out several times by cutting out "cheat meals" and going on "pre-contest" type nutrition for 3 weeks...

The water dissipated and I realized how lean I stayed from such high calories prior....

If you have a nice muscular base, and decent metabolism and eat healthy while mass gaining + use quality gear you should not be accumulating excessive fat...

-FF

Awesome thanks man.. this is what i figure, although no gh usage.. but yeah its mostly loose and can be made to jiggle.. lol. When i go bulk mode i tend to swell up and look soft in the midsection fast and pants fit tighter etc, bit once it gets to a certain point it basically just maintains there. So i figure ots mostly water, plus when i go into the cut i drop a lot of weight fast and look a lot leaner quite quick... just sucks whilst bulking cause my midsection is a wreck

Awesome thanks man.. this is what i figure, although no gh usage.. but yeah its mostly loose and can be made to jiggle.. lol. When i go bulk mode i tend to swell up and look soft in the midsection fast and pants fit tighter etc, bit once it gets to a certain point it basically just maintains there. So i figure ots mostly water, plus when i go into the cut i drop a lot of weight fast and look a lot leaner quite quick... just sucks whilst bulking cause my midsection is a wreck

and you still do it? so why do you do it? do you think more fat equals more muscle?
-JS

and you still do it? so why do you do it? do you think more fat equals more muscle?
-JS

Well, it can can't it(just to play devils advocate). I mean if take the govenor off and just start pounding food you WILL put on a lot of LBM along with the fat right? Trouble is dieting it off after, lol.

Back to OP, water will blur your lines, and bloat your face, but when you see your lower abs starting to go away and your love handles or lower back fat, that is FAT and not water. You should be pretty vascular still if lean and just holding water.

i think diet is key to this. If your eating whatever the fuck you want your going to get fat. if you control your fat intake such as red meats, whole egg, maybe some natty pb or olive oil you should be ok. when i mean control i mean tailoring a diet to your needs. I mean 2 tblsp on pb a day if desired not the whole fucking jar lol. if you want to cheat i read n article from Hany that cheating every 5 days is ok as long as its the last meal, has all the macros and if you want clean cheats and dirty cheats. I dont mean binging i mean going to chilis and having a steak dinner or chicken. keep your diet clean like i explained before and go from there.

Last edited:
i think diet is key to this. If your eating whatever the fuck you want your going to get fat. if you control your fat intake such as red meats, whole egg, maybe some natty pb or olive oil you should be ok. when i mean control i mean tailoring a diet to your needs. I mean 2 tblsp on pb a day if desired not the whole fucking jar lol. if you want to cheat i read n article from Hany that cheating every 5 days is ok as long as its the last meal, has all the macros and if you want clean cheats and dirty cheats. I dont mean binging i mean going to chilis and having a steak dinner or chicken. keep your diet clean like i explained before and go from there.

:yeahthat: coudlnt agree more

-JS

Bro, did you not read what i said? Im talking about bloat not fat. A wreck as in holding water.

My diet is 100% clean, year round, bulk or cut. Zero cheats..

And @ tri terror, i hold water weird.. literally the first places to hold are the ones you mentioned as fat. Even lean within a day of blast and eating even slightly over maintenance i immediately put water into love handlea and lower abs. Literally immediately, and i know itwithin isnt fat because it doesnt accumulate that fast. It sucks but ita how i hold my water..

And while bulking i dont delve into ridiculously high calories and cheat etc.. as stated my diet is clean. I just hold more water than id like to.. just my silly body :/

Last edited:
maybe your diet has too much sodium ! doesn't matter if it's clean, do you count the sodium ?

maybe your diet has too much sodium ! doesn't matter if it's clean, do you count the sodium ?

I dont add any salts or anything to anything but im sure its slightly high, which im fine with, im really not too worried with bloat, i can handle some water retention for a few months, was just curious if anyone had any tricks to differentiate between fat and water. Pretty sure mine is water

If it giggles its fat,, if its water when you grap areas around midsection it will feel like thick skin( meaning its not soft) its still hard and its water between skin and muscle.. I use to get alot of this but I found my range where I dont need to worry about it,, I also am very lean under 6% when I blast test so Im not concerned for the first 6-10 weeks until I get to 8-9% then I re ajust

If it giggles its fat,, if its water when you grap areas around midsection it will feel like thick skin( meaning its not soft) its still hard and its water between skin and muscle.. I use to get alot of this but I found my range where I dont need to worry about it,, I also am very lean under 6% when I blast test so Im not concerned for the first 6-10 weeks until I get to 8-9% then I re ajust

This is how it feels gripped, thick, all the signs ive read and have been advised point to water which i was sure the majority was anyway, i havent put on much if any fat

If your diet is clean..and sodium is controlled....than you have gained fat. Too many cals is too many cals. Do cardio and eat less.

Just curious when you guys are bulking how do you differentiate the 2? Its hard for me to tell.. when i put on fat, the first places to get it are the same places that hold water... so it makes it hard for me to tell.. curious on others thoughts on this?

It's fat.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420