over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Father's day A review

JuiceRoad.com

Registered
I tried to search on forum and found nothing so here is some overview

Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father's_day

Father's Day is a primarily secular holiday inaugurated in the early 20th century to complement Mother's Day in celebrating fatherhood and parenting by males, and to honor and commemorate fathers and forefathers. Father's Day is celebrated on a variety of dates worldwide, and typically involves gift-giving to fathers and family-oriented activities.

International history and traditions

United States

In the United States, the first modern Father's Day celebration was held on July 5, 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia. [1][2] It was first celebrated as a church service at Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church South, now known as Central United Methodist Church. Grace Golden Clayton, who is believed to have suggested the service to the pastor, is believed to have been inspired to celebrate fathers after the deadly mine explosion in nearby Monongah the prior December. This explosion killed 361 men, many of them fathers and recent immigrants to the United States from Italy. Another possible inspiration for the service was Mother's Day, which had recently been celebrated for the first time in Grafton, West Virginia, a town about 15 miles away.

Another driving force behind the establishment of the integration of Father's Day was Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd, born in Creston, Washington. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, as a single parent reared his six children in Spokane, Washington. She was inspired by Anna Jarvis's efforts to establish Mother's Day. Although she initially suggested June 5, the anniversary of her father's death, she did not provide the organizers with enough time to make arrangements, and the celebration was deferred to the third Sunday of June. The first June Father's Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, in Spokane, WA.

Unofficial support from such figures as William Jennings Bryan was immediate and widespread. President Woodrow Wilson was personally feted by his family in 1916. President Calvin Coolidge recommended it as a national holiday in 1924. In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson made Father's Day a holiday to be celebrated on the third Sunday of June. The holiday was not officially recognized until 1972, during the presidency of Richard Nixon.

In recent years, retailers have adapted to the holiday by promoting male-oriented gifts such as electronics, tools and greeting cards. Schools and other children's programs commonly have activities to make Father's Day gifts.

Roman Catholic tradition

In the Roman Catholic tradition, Father's Day is celebrated on Saint Joseph's Day, 19 March, though in most countries Father's Day is a secular celebration.

Germany
Hiking tour at the Vatertag
Hiking tour at the Vatertag

In Germany father's day, Vatertag, is always celebrated on Ascension Day (the Thursday forty days after Easter). Regionally, it is also called men's day, Männertag, or gentlemen's day, Herrentag.

It is tradition to do a hiking tour with one or more smaller wagons, Bollerwagen, pulled by manpower. In the wagons are wine or beer (according to region) and traditional regional food, Hausmannskost, which could be Saumagen, Liverwurst, Blutwurst (Blood Sausage), vegetables, eggs, etc. This tradition was famous in the years before WW II and in the 1950s - 70, but today it is unusual.

Taiwan

Father's Day in Taiwan is not an official holiday but is widely observed on August 8th, which is the eighth day of the eighth month of the year. In Mandarin Chinese, the pronunciation of the number 8 is ba. This pronunciation is very similar to the character "爸", which means "Papa" or "father". Taiwanese, therefore, usually call August 8th in its nick name as "Ba Ba Day" (八八節).

Thailand

In Thailand, people set the day of father day as the birthday of the king. 5 December is the birthday of king Phumiphon Adunyadet (Rama IX).

Dates

The officially recognized date of Father's Day varies from country to country. This section lists some significant examples.

Third Sunday of June Argentina, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, France, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Japan, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Panama, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.

June 23 Nicaragua, Poland, Uganda

July 30 Vietnam

Third Sunday of July Uruguay

Last Sunday of July Dominican Republic

23 Mordad Iran

Second Sunday of August Brazil

August 8 Taiwan

First Sunday of September Australia, New Zealand

Second Sunday of November Estonia, Finland, Norway, Sweden

December 5 Thailand

February 23 Russia, Ukraine, Belarus

March 19 Bolivia, Honduras, Italy, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland

May 5 Romania

May 8 South Korea (Parents' Day)

Ascension Day Germany

First Sunday of June Lithuania

June 5 (Constitution Day) Denmark

Second Sunday of June Austria, Belgium, Ecuador

June 17 El Salvador, Guatemala, England

Happy Father's day

a question....

A guy on tv said

"People has set up father's day, mother's day which comes once a year. So i think it means that you need to tell them you love them and care about them only on 1 day of year, not on others
Rest of the year you can just forget them"

What you people think about above words he said?

I tell my dad and mom I love them every time I call or visit.

It's one thing I am carefull to do. I don't want to have regrets in that regard.

Good post, Unknown Secrets.

It's one thing I am carefull to do. I don't want to have regrets in that regard.

Good post, Unknown Secrets.

So true. And for those of us who are fathers, be sure to tell your children you love them. Say it with words. Life is too precious and short.

So true. And for those of us who are fathers, be sure to tell your children you love them. Say it with words. Life is too precious and short.

some wonderful idea thebrick, life is very short.
We should tell everyone we them and care for them whenever we get a chance

A guy on tv said

"People has set up father's day, mother's day which comes once a year. So i think it means that you need to tell them you love them and care about them only on 1 day of year, not on others
Rest of the year you can just forget them"

What you people think about above words he said?

Unfortunately, some people probably do live in this paradigm. However, I think it's a lame excuse. I tell my parents and family I love them every time I speak to them. You just never know...

LKG

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity