advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fats Vs. Carbs : FILLING OUT PRECONTEST....

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know scott abel loves to use fats instead of carbs and believes they work better in filling you out. I know alot of people like to "shitload" but thats carbs+sodium+fats. Others stick to traditional carb ups.

I swear i have been noticeing latly that FATS are filling me out better than carbs during my diet?????? On my low carb days, i up my fats and occasionally have a real fatty meal (big steak, tonight i had steamed beef n broccoli) Whenever i have a high fat day and if at any point i overdo the fats a tad in a meal... i tend to be HELLA full.

If you use alot of fats during the load, since fats dont coincide with water... you cant spill over right (overcarbing would cause a spill over and draw water under the skin)? Once you are pretty full during the carb up, do you feel it would be a good idea to load up on fats and go low carbs as you near the show (say night before, morning of)?

Id like to hear thoughts on the subject.

FROM ABELS SITE

FAT LOADING
In order to try to fill out the muscles somewhat while dehydrating you need a plan of action, but nothing drastic. Carb loading will not work and has never worked well. You should not be gaining any weight between weigh in and pre-judging. The only thing that can cause you to gain weight is water retention. Any carb loading will definitely result in bloating and water retention. The way to fill out the muscles and be able to take in simple sugars is by combining very high heavy fat foods with simple sugars, in a well timed manner. Fat loading meals should be spaced well apart to avoid as much digestive stress as possible. My clients are always seen the days before a show eating prime rib, French fries, Caesar salad, steak, peanut butter and jelly, cheesecake, quiche, souvlaki etc. They also combine normal diet meals with handfuls of nuts and snicker bars, or other candy bars. Fat loading works wonders by making the body look bigger and fuller without gaining any weight while dehydrating. But it is not fool proof. Eating too many fat laden meals too close together can also create digestive stress. It is not just a free for all eating to fill out. Timing is everything, and often the motto, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” also applies here. In other words if you are ripped and ready and unsure of last minute peaking procedures, then skip them. Go in on your strengths rather than rolling the dice
and taking chances like so many bodybuilders do last minute. That makes no sense to me. To take weeks and months to prepare for a show and then risk it all by trying drastic silly measures you have no experience with, just is not worth it. Fat loading works and works well, but it is not fool proof.

Last edited:
look at those foods he says his clients use.....looks pretty much like a "shitload" to me....

Well i have never carbed up for a competition but when I have been low body fat on a strict diet I always notice a lot of definition and vascularity after my cheat meal of the week, which usually is some type of "shitload" high fat/carb meal.

TPFU

I've tried both approaches and the fat/shitloading approach works MUCH better for me.

I think as long as your really in good condition that the fats will work better for filling you out. Through trial runs this year I realized my body was giving me about a 36 hr window of opportunity, but thats for me. So give it a trial run 4 and 2 weeks out and see what happens. If your really in shape, I believe it wont hurt you.

mainevent said:
I've tried both approaches and the fat/shitloading approach works MUCH better for me.

I think as long as your really in good condition that the fats will work better for filling you out. Through trial runs this year I realized my body was giving me about a 36 hr window of opportunity, but thats for me. So give it a trial run 4 and 2 weeks out and see what happens. If your really in shape, I believe it wont hurt you.

Honestly im doin wut the guy helpin me tels me, i just wanted to discuss the subject a little further. Im not talkin a shitload here, that would be way too many carbs and could possibly cause a "spill". From what i read your body only holds 400g tops anyway. If you did a clean load up to this point, it should pretty much be full. Now he says fat can top off 8k calories. If your almost full with carbs, wouldnt you wanna play it safe, not spill, and load up on fats? Im still hella full this AM from the fat meal last night. I wouldnt have really thought about this except that i looked in the mirror last night and was SUPER full n thought about it. Then realized last time this happened it seemed to be due to fat that time also.

TP

I should have said, I kept it clean until friday afternoon. I dont think my carbs were over 250-300 at that point, and I only took in the same on Thursday. That coupled with a reduced protein intake allowed my body to absorb everything. I woke up full, veiny and hard.

I better stop now, cant let all my secrets out...lol.

Seriously though, always stick to what your adviser/prep guy is telling you.

If your peeled...your peeled. People try and re-invent the wheel too much. Don't make something too complicated.

Not too many people want to or can comment on this huh

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members