over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fatter cuts of meat off season

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you guys or gals use fatter cuts of meat in the offseason? The last few days ive been having, along with my chicken breast meal, a chicken thigh meal, a 93/7 turkey meal and a 90/10 beef meal. plus some whole eggs. It hasn't been long enough to notice fat gain or whatever but they taste great and separate the minotiny of eating the same shit. Plus the fats could be good for extra calories. Im not counting my macros right now very closely , basically I count my carbs and when I feel they are getting too much for my body I adjust them. That and I try to get 400-500 grams protein daily, I just wanna grow besides that, not worried about staying super lean

i love chicken thighs. tastier and much cheaper. i also like fattier cuts of beef in the offseason like new york, skirt and flat irons

i love chicken thighs. tastier and much cheaper. i also like fattier cuts of beef in the offseason like new york, skirt and flat irons

The thighs are great, I trim them up a bit as I don't like the white thick fat but the darker meat is delicious

For sure. They're very tender too, so even if you have to reheat them in the microwave, they dont dry out

I eat all of those things you mentioned daily. There some of my favorite foods

I eat all of those things you mentioned daily. There some of my favorite foods

in a way its easier for me with my job as I don't have to add fats to my meals per say

I eat almost exclusively fattier cuts of meat. Chicken thighs, ribeye, 80/20 ground beef, lamb, fatty fish. Fat is good and I'm not scared of it.

I eat almost exclusively fattier cuts of meat. Chicken thighs, ribeye, 80/20 ground beef, lamb, fatty fish. Fat is good and I'm not scared of it.

are u still having a good amount of carbs with the fattier cuts?

i shop around for the cheapest meats and cook it all up so for like two days i'll eat a shit ton of chicken, then steak, ground beef, then salmon, etc. i love steak and prefer it.

Why cut fatty meats ever? Certainly as you get near the end of a contest diet your cals are going to be down and you may need to cut back fat at that point but otherwise...

Why cut fatty meats ever? Certainly as you get near the end of a contest diet your cals are going to be down and you may need to cut back fat at that point but otherwise...

This is a good question, I just don't see many people using chicken thighs and things of that nature often

This is a good question, I just don't see many people using chicken thighs and things of that nature often

I just bought a pack of thighs. They were wicked cheap, and by the time I trimmed them not much fat left anyway.

I just bought a pack of thighs. They were wicked cheap, and by the time I trimmed them not much fat left anyway.

same here I cooked two meals up with thighs today. with franks red hot they taste like wings to me lol

to me eating English cut, chuck roasts, 80/20 grounds just makes better sense. why eat lean meat, and then drink olive oil or whatever to get fat when u can just get it in meat that tastes better and goes down easier?
that's why I plan on eating fattier meats, fried chickem, hell, pizza and ribs even, on this next 10 weeker. I was all about "clean" eating but I cant get the caloires I need on 5 meals a day.
I don't mean i'll eat this all the time, but one meal that I look forward to a day will be fine.

the problem is not gaining fat,
if you are on a good amount of AAS then eating fattier cuts will affect your lipids, cholesterol, heart, etc.....

Just go with whole pasture raised eggs and 100% grass fed beef. They taste better and have a healthier fat profile.

Grass-fed beef is rich in omega-3 anti-inflammatory fatty acids (the healthy fat found in salmon), in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a proven cancer fighter and lean muscle-building tool, as well as vitamins A and E, essential nutrients that are known for their antioxidant properties. When it comes to nutrition, grass-fed beef truly is a completely different animal. From USwellness meats website

the problem is not gaining fat,
if you are on a good amount of AAS then eating fattier cuts will affect your lipids, cholesterol, heart, etc.....

Incorrect.... No offense.

I would eat the higher fat meats 365 days per year and keep the carbs in check to avoid body fat gain.

Whole pasture eggs, grass fed beef, properly raised pork.
haven't been healthier.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner