over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fatty liver?

raw33man

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone got a fatty liver due to oral abuse? How can you tell if you do? Would it show up on blood work testing alt and ast

Anyone got a fatty liver due to oral abuse? How can you tell if you do? Would it show up on blood work testing alt and ast

ultrasound is standard.ELFT's are an indicator but not enough to diagnose liver disease.After ultrasound if more is needed a biopsy is performed.

As far as lab values. There's a few differences between hepatic steatosis (fatty liver), Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).

Depending on which stage is present. Generally you'll see elevations with one or more of the following; triglycerides, ferritin and iron, AST or ALT, alkaline phosphatase, glucose and insulin. As well, if pulling a non-specific marker such as hs-CRP and homocysteine can be elevated.

Several other liver values can be associated. I'm having a few drinks ATM... 😁 Those are a few off the top of my head.

Generally with fatty liver, most are asymptomatic. Maybe some fatigue and
upper abdominal pain.

Last edited:
Someone recently posted a video here talking to a doctor that knew some old school bodybuilders. He said these guys would take 1500mg of choline and 1500mg of inositol every day for a month after running oral cycles. Again...this guy is a doctor and he said this is effective for lowering liver values associated with fatty liver.

I'm thinking if there was a liver issue that it would show up in blood work. I'd run some SYNTHERGINE if there was any issues.

Synthergine is not going to fix fatty liver. Good news is that fatty liver is reversible and is mostly diet related.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKxLA8kfIso"]Ask the Doc - TRT, Sarms, Anavar, and liver detoxes - YouTube[/ame]

This video should help provide some info for you

I posted this a few months ago in the "creatine thread", in the beginner's section.

Creatine supplementation as a possible new therapeutic approach for fatty liver disease: early findings. - PubMed - NCBI

Amino Acids. 2016 Jan 30.

[Epub ahead of print]

Creatine supplementation as a possible new therapeutic approach for fatty liver disease: early findings.
Deminice R1, de Castro GS2, Brosnan ME3, Brosnan JT3.
Author information

Abstract

Over the last few years, consistent data have demonstrated that creatine (Cr) supplementation prevents the accumulation of fat in rat liver as well as the progression of fatty liver disease in different situations. Studies have demonstrated that Cr is effective and prevents fatty liver in high-fat and choline-deficient diets and in hepatoma cells in vitro. Because Cr synthesis is responsible for a considerable consumption of hepatic methyl groups, studies have tested the idea that Cr supplementation could modulate phospholipid formation and VLDL secretion. Studies have also demonstrated Cr is able to modulate the expression of key genes related to fatty acid oxidation in hepatocyte cell culture and in rat liver. However, to date, the mechanism by which Cr exerts protective effects against fatty liver is poorly understood. Therefore, the present review aims to summarize the studies involving the therapeutic use of Cr supplementation on fatty liver disease and to explore the mechanisms involved in one-carbon and fatty acid metabolism for the preventive effects of Cr supplementation on fat liver accumulation. Although a small number of studies have been conducted to date, we consider Cr as a new and promising therapeutic strategy to control fat accumulation in the liver as well as the progression of fatty liver disease.

Check out the Sponsors forum and the Veteran Supplies thread. I put a report from a guy who had such an issue, and what he did to fix it. It was verified via an ultrasound as well.

I got jaundice a while ago....

I used Tudca and it went away.

Avoid junk food, and alcohol
no sleepingmeds
drink lots of water and green tea
eat a lot of carrots
cardio

Orals were not the cause, it was a very unhealthy diet and to much tren (IMO) with to much SEO.
I use anadrol now and don't have any issues thank god.
Water is your best livercleaner. I drink it constantly

That choline and inisitol thing sounds very interesting although i can't find any other sources that say they can get rid of a fatty liver

I'm in a great shape, diet is healthy most of the time... i don't really know if i have a fatty liver but once a while i get a bad pain from liver area. And alt was just a few points high 80, range was 21 - 72

Last edited:

Raw here is what Dr Ranch had to say about fixing fatty liver....

Coline bitarate + inositol together with l- methionine is BETTER fix to treat fatty liver in compassion to any prescription meds known to medicine. He has a video on it on muscle insider. u can check it if want.

Last edited:
Medium chain triglycerides dose-dependently prevent liver pathology in a rat model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Ronis MJ, et al. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2013.

Abstract

Metabolic syndrome is often accompanied by development of hepatic steatosis and less frequently by non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) leading to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Replacement of corn oil with medium chain triacylglycerols (MCT) in the diets of alcohol-fed rats has been shown to protect against steatosis and alcoholic liver injury. The current study was designed to determine if a similar beneficial effect of MCT occurs in a rat model of NAFLD. Groups of male rats were isocalorically overfed diets containing 10%, 35% or 70% total energy as corn oil or a 70% fat diet in which corn oil was replaced with increasing concentrations of saturated fat (18:82, beef tallow:MCT oil) from 20% to 65% for 21 days using total enteral nutrition (TEN). As dietary content of corn oil increased, hepatic steatosis and serum alanine amino transferases were elevated (P < 0.05). This was accompanied by greater expression of cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP2E1 (P < 0.05) and higher concentrations of polyunsaturated 18:2 and 20:4 fatty acids (FA) in the hepatic lipid fractions (P < 0.05). Keeping the total dietary fat at 70%, but increasing the proportion of MCT-enriched saturated fat resulted in a dose-dependent reduction in steatosis and necrosis without affecting CYP2E1 induction. There was no incorporation of C8-C10 FAs into liver lipids, but increasing the ratio of MCT to corn oil: reduced liver lipid 18:2 and 20:4 concentrations; reduced membrane susceptibility to radical attack; stimulated FA β- and ω-oxidation as a result of activation of peroxisomal proliferator activated receptor (PPAR)α, and appeared to increase mitochondrial respiration through complex III. These data suggest that replacing unsaturated fats like corn oil with MCT oil in the diet could be utilized as a potential treatment for NAFLD.

That choline and inisitol thing sounds very interesting although i can't find any other sources that say they can get rid of a fatty liver

I'm in a great shape, diet is healthy most of the time... i don't really know if i have a fatty liver but once a while i get a bad pain from liver area. And alt was just a few points high 80, range was 21 - 72

Raw mate also I thought to add ..

I take choline bitarate & inositol mixed with my pre workout . choline bitarate is a ingredient in many many preworkouts as it's used for focus.

also these are best taken on sort of empty stomach and I stack best pre workout as for focus as an added benefit . also I eat 2.5 to 3 hours before training so when I take my pre w I am sort of hollow in stomach so it goes nicely . I have unflavoured powders of these so they go down nicely in any pre. don't want to have it first thing empty stomach in the morning as I will need some sort of sweetener to get them down . I like coffee in morning not some fruit flavour shit so these suit me best pre workout . these are cheap ingredients . Dr Ranch says choline and inositol are the heavy hitters and he recommends to run hefty doses after / during your oral run and then run a maintainence dose year around say 1500 mg of each . He says lot of old school guys use to run this and still do to this day.

Fatty liver would be caused by your diet over your supplements. The metabolism of various macronutrients in excess of ones metabolic capacity elevate enzymes responsible for de novo lipogenisis at the level of the liver. The substrate is irrelevant, non alcoholic and alcoh fatty liver look exactly the same

Fatty liver would be caused by your diet over your supplements. The metabolism of various macronutrients in excess of ones metabolic capacity elevate enzymes responsible for de novo lipogenisis at the level of the liver. The substrate is irrelevant, non alcoholic and alcoh fatty liver look exactly the same

You don't think AAS especially ORALS would cause Fatty liver ? let's assume diet is clean most of the time

You don't think AAS especially ORALS would cause Fatty liver ? let's assume diet is clean most of the time

Orals would probably cause cirrosis(?) of the liver. Fatty liver is diet related from what my uncle has told me and he's a podiatrist. My dad has it from eating like shit all these years.

By definition, MIC shots contain lipotropic substances that decrease the deposit, or speeds up the removal of fat within the liver. The key amino acids used to make these shots are: Vitamin B12, Choline, Methione, and Inositol.

There is a product called Lean Out by Beverly International that has these ingredients in them.....I have never taken MIC shots because I could never find them anywhere easily.

I would not as a direct cause, in the case of orals I would look for liver damage in the form of cirrhosis or acute hepatitis. Generally when I think fatty liver I think diet , clinically one would look to drugs like metformin or pioglitizone for reducing liver fat for their effect on cellular metabolism.

Raw33 there are some medications that have been documented to cause fatty liver, it's just uncommon, I believe tamoxifen is one of them. I know there is a list online I just don't remember where.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127