over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite BB Magazine and Why

roodogg

Registered
Happy New Year PM! I had a subscription to Muscle&Fitness through the 90's. I don't subscribe anymore, but I buy off the newsstand depending on the content. I am not particular to any one but I feel most are all the same. Are you a Robert Kennedy fan or not. I will buy Flex MD etc. but I am not a huge fan of 365 pages of ads. MF back in the day had great content, but has great content been lost to advertisement?

Sometimes in the supermarket I'll pick up an issue of MD or Flex and if you look hard enough between all the advertisements they sometimes have some pretty cool pictures of Pros.

For the non-BS info, theres ProM and GetBig. Don't even get me started on the MD "articles" LOL

I don't see why anybody would waste money on any of those mags when you have a site like this. I wish this site was around back in the mid 90's when I started working out, it would have saved me alot of time & money! Personally, I think those mags are nothing but fancy supplement catalogues. As I write this I have to laugh at some of the articles I remember seeing; "Matarazzo's Arm Thrash, Now You Can have Sleeve Splitting Bi's!" The one mag I have found to be informative is Powerlifting USA, but it's available only by subscription. PLUSA does have some good articles on training and nutrition, with not a whole lot of supplement ads, the only drawback is that it's packed with meet results so if you don't actually compete there's a good portion that you won't read.

Planet Muscle by Jeff Everson. Peace.

I think it was 2006 when i last bought a flex mag, useless crap in my opinion...Just like alpmaster said, ProM and GB are the best places to find quality info, this place is probably a bit more informative whereas gb is more for entertainment purposes..both excellent in their own way.

I usually will buy one at the airport for a flight. I think they can be used for motivation, buy I agree that it is basically a giant supplement ad.

MD mag is pretty decent some months...

MD

I will only actually buy MD, they still have a few interesting writers I like to follow and do openly discuss gear and the darker sides of the sport. Yes, a lot of annoying ads to go through but they gotta get paid too. Also, MD follows and promotes the new group of up and coming stars like my friend Jason Huh.

I must be in the minority...I still get pumped when i see a new Flex or MD like I did when I was 17 just starting out....sure it's the same old stuff rehashed a lot of times...but there is still some good info...and I do like to read how some of the pros train, diet, etc

PLANG.. i am with ya.. i am 42 and still look for the mags every month.. i even know what date they come out lol.. i always get md.. most of the time flex.. musclemag has gone way down hill.. they used to be the best.. ironman i will get once in a great while.. now they just run the same old pictures month after month.. (and this comes from a guy who wrote for them).. planet muscle is good sometimes also..

the best was peak training journal years ago.. followed by rx muscle.. they both went by by..

I don't see why anybody would waste money on any of those mags when you have a site like this. I wish this site was around back in the mid 90's when I started working out, it would have saved me alot of time & money! Personally, I think those mags are nothing but fancy supplement catalogues. As I write this I have to laugh at some of the articles I remember seeing; "Matarazzo's Arm Thrash, Now You Can have Sleeve Splitting Bi's!" The one mag I have found to be informative is Powerlifting USA, but it's available only by subscription. PLUSA does have some good articles on training and nutrition, with not a whole lot of supplement ads, the only drawback is that it's packed with meet results so if you don't actually compete there's a good portion that you won't read.

Pl usa is available at some book stores in Chicago.I do read pl usa.
The rest are just ads and recycled info. I liked mags when I was 20.
I picked up a muscle mag the other day. I flipped through it in 3 mins and
put it down. Boring book of ads and newbie marketing hype.
PM has all the best info etc,

PLANG.. i am with ya.. i am 42 and still look for the mags every month.. i even know what date they come out lol.. i always get md.. most of the time flex.. musclemag has gone way down hill.. they used to be the best.. ironman i will get once in a great while.. now they just run the same old pictures month after month.. (and this comes from a guy who wrote for them).. planet muscle is good sometimes also..

the best was peak training journal years ago.. followed by rx muscle.. they both went by by..

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I'm first and foremost a fan of the sport...which is why I've tried to become part of it...

I like MD they seem to give more information on what we really want in bodybuilding compared to the others I dont like reading about BS I want to read about stuff that makes you the biggest and the best....

I must be in the minority...I still get pumped when i see a new Flex or MD like I did when I was 17 just starting out....sure it's the same old stuff rehashed a lot of times...but there is still some good info...and I do like to read how some of the pros train, diet, etc

I highly doubt those are the pros diet, training or supplement routines.

I keep them next to the throne, but I make it a point to buy a Flex or MD when I need a little more motivation.

M.D is by far the "Hustler" of bodybuilding magazines without a doubt...

But.. they give very little attention to amateur bodybuilding contests.... Instead they focus on their signed athletes and the big freaks of nature.. which is cool.......Nothing wrong with that and whatever boosts sales... its a business and Steve Blechman is a business man...

I give Steve props for going to the USA and nationals each year and getting to know the athletes.. The publication has been good to me as well.., and im thank full of the videos they ran of me and the interviews i did. I cant complain...

Flex Magazine: I feel they give a more in depth contest coverage to amateurs and cover all weight classes at the big shows... Props to them as well..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear