over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite Gym Equipment

I’ve always thought Arthur was everything Weider wished he could’ve been. Arthur Jones was truly a bad ass and contributed some of the greatest knowledge to bodybuilding ever. Weider was a snake oil salesman conman who stole others ideas and sold them as his own. Hell guys are still spinning their wheels today using the bs put out by weider and Arnold.
I agree
I am not one for marathon training. Substances and anabolic agents aside, if bodybuilders hadn't adapted to a heavier - harder form of training advocated by Arthur Jones then we'd never seen the larger frames like Dorian and those going further. Shame Arthur Jones is not given proper credit as imo he is not venerated to the degree he just deserves.

I’ve always thought Arthur was everything Weider wished he could’ve been. Arthur Jones was truly a bad ass and contributed some of the greatest knowledge to bodybuilding ever. Weider was a snake oil salesman conman who stole others ideas and sold them as his own. Hell guys are still spinning their wheels today using the bs put out by weider and Arnold.

I don't know what Weider wished he could've been, but I seriously doubt he did not
even experience ten percent (conservative) of what Arthur experienced. But then
again, who would have wanted to? His life was not always, and anything but, easy.
And money only solves money problems. It was just a tool.

He could be very intimidatingly and a person you did not want to get on the wrong side
of but he was also capable of being very gentle, kind, funny and very generous.

Many still say that Arthur was a snake oil salesman, or a con man, or a confidence man.
I am not defending him . . . aside from his 'Nautilus Principles' which are inherently,
in retrospect, common sense, he was responsible for nothing really revelatory excepting
his 'perfecting' variable resistance and removing the weak link (think pullover machine)
in some exercise movements, but many people feel betrayed because they did not
get the results as advertised. And I get that.

Life is full of disappointments I know, and they are no more apparent than in weightlifting
and bodybuilding. Some can and are willing to take responsibility and accept them while
others are more than willing to spin their wheels in the sands of time.

I just watched this clip and was reminded of the old Universal setups like the high schools had. Fabian Mayr was on this pulldown on the rig after 11:00.

I thought the blue one and green one were nautilus as well. Appreciate the info. I never noticed the universal sticker on the side and I use it all the time lol. The green one is the only one I’ve used out of those so far I’ll change it out once I stall on it. There’s one other pullover at the gym I’ve used that’s newer but it just doesn’t feel comfortable to me and aggravates my shoulders. I can’t remember what brand it is I think cybex. The universal pullover hits isolates my lats so well they cramp up. There’s just something about the older pieces that really isolate the muscle.

There is a med x leg extension I use on quad day and it’s smooth and brutal. It even has a handle on it so you go past failure without a spotter
That green padded on that has a Universal sticker on it 100% definitely has a Nautilus cam so i'm not sure what the deal is there. It even has the same slotting for the seat adjustment that all the Nautilus pieces had back then. Hmmmm...

About the Standing Lateral Raise machines...the one pictured is an Atlantis...great company out of Canada. Good ones i've been lucky enough to use: Icarian and Nebula.

That green padded on that has a Universal sticker on it 100% definitely has a Nautilus cam so i'm not sure what the deal is there. It even has the same slotting for the seat adjustment that all the Nautilus pieces had back then. Hmmmm...

About the Standing Lateral Raise machines...the one pictured is an Atlantis...great company out of Canada. Good ones i've been lucky enough to use: Icarian and Nebula.

People stole cams or replicated the cams from nautilus machines and attributed
them, put them on their machines, as their own. Not uncommon. I have a cam
somewhere in storage that Arthur gave me. He just laughed. Said it was worthless
without knowing a bunch of other stuff. Do you want me to sign it, do you want
to F@^k it, or take it with you when you go home? Funny man when he wanted to be.

It is just about impossible to walk into most gyms today and not see his influence
in one way or another in the design of exercise equipment. He could have been the
richest man on the planet (exaggeration) if he had brought legal action and won but
he hated, mistrusted lawyers; just wanted people to benefit from exercise.

Plus most were not patented, which really would not have mattered much because
people would have stole them anyway and the last thing Arthur wanted was more
problems in his life.

The Jones machine is nice for moves like 1 leg stiff leg deadlifts where you want a little help with balance. Reverse Lunges and Tricep extensions/presses also work well. It looks at first just like a Smith machine, but it moves on an additional axis via the runners at the top and bottom.
JonesClub.jpg

The Jones machine is nice for moves like 1 leg stiff leg deadlifts where you want a little help with balance. Reverse Lunges and Tricep extensions/presses also work well. It looks at first just like a Smith machine, but it moves on an additional axis via the runners at the top and bottom.
View attachment 125091
Big fan of the Jones for pressing. Just wish there was a way to perfectly line up the bench.

Big fan of the Jones for pressing. Just wish there was a way to perfectly line up the bench.

I drop the empty bar down, let it rest on the bench and stand over it to line it up. I think any Jones or Smith should have a grid on the floor so you can set up right. Totally dangerous if you set up wrong since the bar path can't deviate.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws