over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite low volume training style?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Every once in a while I like to switch training routines up. I always end up going back to my old faithful, Phil Hernons training program, but every now and then I like to play with something new and try to figure it out. Ive really only done Phil's and DC. Right now I'm reading up on Dorians routine from Blood and Guts and am thinking of modifying it slightly since I train solo. Some of the forced reps will inevitably get dangerous training solo but I could definately implement DC style rest pause work in its place. Besides that the 4 day split will give me a day off with the soon to be wife where I dont have to worry about training and work with my work and school schedual really well.

Im just curious as to what methods like this you guys like and why.

I love blood and guts. I mean LOVE it. You have to use the same equipment dorian does in the video though. That hammer strength pull down is crucial, and so is that upright hammer bench press.

When I trained solo I just left a rep on the tank on things like incline bench. A good portion of it though is machine or db work so you can really push it safely.

DC just resonates really well with me. I did well with the two-way, but since moving to the 3-way, progress seems to be coming along much faster. The added WMs seem to be what are doing it for me. When I am done training, I know there isn't a thing I can do to get any more out of that day, I am completely spent.

I tried other styles of low volume training but the mental aspect of DC, the progressive overload, rapid increases in strength and how DC just fits my training proclivities and lifestyle are why I feel it has worked best for me.

DC just resonates really well with me. I did well with the two-way, but since moving to the 3-way, progress seems to be coming along much faster. The added WMs seem to be what are doing it for me. When I am done training, I know there isn't a thing I can do to get any more out of that day, I am completely spent.

I tried other styles of low volume training but the mental aspect of DC, the progressive overload, rapid increases in strength and how DC just fits my training proclivities and lifestyle are why I feel it has worked best for me.

Same for me.

I love blood and guts. I mean LOVE it. You have to use the same equipment dorian does in the video though. That hammer strength pull down is crucial, and so is that upright hammer bench press.

When I trained solo I just left a rep on the tank on things like incline bench. A good portion of it though is machine or db work so you can really push it safely.

Sending you a PM.

Same here.
I changed it a bit to two straight sets, followed by wm. as RP was a bit too much for me to recover...(maybe age)..

If you can wrap your mind around the low volume training style, nothing gave me the growth that DC did. I believe the progressively increased workloads and the required deloading weeks create a good environment for growth. Unfortunately, I have a hard time staying with it due to injuries and recovery. This sport isn't for everyone.
Taking out the widowmakers are going back to the 2 day split helps me stay on track.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws