over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite Metformin Protocol for Fat Loss

Sides as far as....
  1. lowering IFG-1, etc

I don't know if any these are true, but each of them are concerning.

I have wondered about IGF-1 being lowered. Specifically, I wonder if and to what degree taking exogenous GH negates the lowering of IGF-1 on Metformin (if IGF-1 even is lowered on healthy, exercising, non-diabetic or pre-diabetic adults taking Metformin).

Last edited:

That study abstract really isn't that informative.
We know that these guys were taking 850mg Metformin 2x a day.... and one group was taking hGH, one group was taking a placebo.
We know that the guys taking hGH + Metformin increased their IGF-1 levels, and lost fat.

We don't know 3 things:
1) We don't know what happened to the IGF-1 levels in the Metformin group without hGH. (did it increase, or stay the same, or decrease?)

2) In the Metformin group with HGH, how much more would their IGF-1 levels be without Metformin present? (maybe it would be further increased, or maybe it would be about the same... we don't know)

3) What was the average hGH dose that these people were taking? (in i.u.'s)

Maybe the full study addresses these questions.

Last edited:
Most of the answers you're looking for are within-->http://bfy.tw/IyQY

The dosage is given in the abstract; roughly 2.5ius daily.

That study abstract really isn't that informative.
We know that these guys were taking 850mg Metformin 2x a day.... and one group was taking hGH, one group was taking a placebo.
We know that the guys taking hGH + Metformin increased their IGF-1 levels, and lost fat.

We don't know 3 things:
1) We don't know what happened to the IGF-1 levels in the Metformin group without hGH. (did it increase, or stay the same, or decrease?)

2) In the Metformin group with HGH, how much more would their IGF-1 levels be without Metformin present? (maybe it would be further increased, or maybe it would be about the same... we don't know)

3) What was the average hGH dose that these people were taking? (in i.u.'s)

Maybe the full study addresses these questions.
I thought the same thing. The difference didn't seem that great to me. BMI didn't change?

I've used Metformin for a couple of years to help with insulin sensitivity and I seem to stay a bit leaner on average than before I took it...

I have taken a max of 500 x4 daily but generally stick with ONE 500mg dose a day to occasionally two. On fasting days it's the first thing I take and fed days I take it with a meal with carbs post workout...

Sides wise, I have had the soft stool issue on it since day 1 and doesn't go away even at ONE a day... about it. Not sure if I was getting B12 depleted or not but added an injectable one in anyway a few times a week at a low/maintenance type dose and generally seem to feel a little better.

I have posted between 12-15 times that my IGF has never lowered taking higher doses of Metformin. Hopefully someone remembers at least one of these posts.

Most of the answers you're looking for are within-->LMGTFY

The dosage is given in the abstract; roughly 2.5ius daily.

A bit of clarification.

This would be if the participants are around 200lbs/90.718kg.

As for the Met/placebo group. Their IGF1 stayed constant throughout without a significant <>.

As for the Met/GH group on average their IGF1 increased by 155%. I'd say that's pretty significant increase on the ius administered.

Last edited:
Well, after just under 2 weeks on metformin, ramping up quickly from 250mg/day to 1000mg/day (500 am + 500 pm), I started feeling some discomfort in my lower left side/back. Not the muscle itself, but deeper inside. I assumed it was my kidney, and after some research, this seems to be the exact loction of where my kidney is located.

I did some research for what could be causing the issue, and came to find out that I am not the only person to experience kidney discomfort on metformin.

To see if metformin is the culprit, I will discontinue it starting with my PM dose today, and see how I feel in the coming days.

For you guys that are using this for fat loss, how much of a boost does this stuff actually have over just regular dieting or taking some eph/clen ? Any significant difference, trying to see what the hype is about. I know it's good as a appetite suppressant apparently.

For you guys that are using this for fat loss, how much of a boost does this stuff actually have over just regular dieting or taking some eph/clen ? Any significant difference, trying to see what the hype is about. I know it's good as a appetite suppressant apparently.

Hard to explain but it certainly helps with fat loss. Probably due to the appetite suppression and not eating as much.

For those having stomach issues, I had the same thing. Switched to metformin SR "sustained release" also called XR sometimes. Can be taken once or twice a day and fixed my stomach issues while still providing the benefits.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear