over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

favorite post workout carb and why?

**broken link removed**

Here is an article. Many studies have been done, have you searched Google?

Waxy Maize has a much higher molecular weight and a much lower osmolarity rate compared to dextrose or maltodextrin, so what does this mean. Mainly, Waxy Maize bypasses the stomach, is absorbed by the intestines and immediately is assimilated; this is all done at a much faster rate than dextrose or maltodextrin, almost double.

Waxy Maize can help the absorption rates of many of your favorite supplements like creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester, cell volumization and nitric oxide type supplements, etc. Nutrients like this often times are left in the stomachs harsh acidic environment and degrade absorption rates. Waxy Maizehelps shuttle these nutrients to bypass the stomach and allow the body to assimilate these nutrients at a much higher rate.

Waxy Maize has the ability to replenish the body's glycogen stores much faster than a mix of maltodextrin or dextrose. This is accomplished again by Waxy Maize's ability to bypass the stomach and go to the intestines for immediate absorption. Waxy Maize's ability to shuttle all these nutrients and starch gives the body an immediate "pump" you can physically feel in your muscles post workout. You will see a much larger, fuller and rounder muscle belly.

waxy is good. I nessasarily think it superior to the others. I didnt know it was even possible to BYPASS the stomach and go straight to the intestines. As far as I know everything you ingest does go into the stomach. I know it drops through the stomach fast and enters the intestines fast. In my opinion as long as you are getting a good amount of carbs/little protein/ low fat in during the post wrkout window the results are near the same. I have done fruit juice, dextrose, malto, waxy, vitargo, rice cakes, oatmeal all with pretty much the same results.

the best thing that has worked for me is a gainer drink that is low in fat and uses malto/dextrose and I add some isolate to it. simple and works great!

when I diet I use oatmeal. Same thing that BBOY said I like it because I dont feel hungry 5 minutes after words.

yeah im leaning to going back to oats, ive tried everything and theres nothing thats so much better than the rest...nothing really gives me discomfort in my stomach so what the hell...oats it is and i'll just switch it up whenever. Thanks fellas

1 scoop of whey, casein, soy, vitargo with creatine, glutamine and BCAA in 12oz 2% milk. :)

lol....all starches and carbohydrates bypass the stomach for absorption.

White rice because mixed with some eggs it tastes great!

:yeahthat:

White rice + kidney beans + tuna and eggs mixed with EVOO and apple cider vinegar... my favorite PWO meal by far. Or meal whatever the moment of the day for that matter! :)

:yeahthat:

White rice + kidney beans + tuna and eggs mixed with EVOO and apple cider vinegar... my favorite PWO meal by far. Or meal whatever the moment of the day for that matter! :)

Oh my, I bow down to you sir:eek:

Man, I cannot even eat or smell tuna anymore (the non-female kind at least...lol:D ), after eating it straight out of the can for years straight....kinda sucks too because it was easy and accessible protein:(

My fiance made this lame meatloaf 2 weeks ago, and she put tuna in it thinking I wouldn't notice....talk about ruining a good meatloaf:rolleyes::p

I seriously gagged and spit it out....it was HORRIBLE!

BMJ

lol....all starches and carbohydrates bypass the stomach for absorption.

That is not correct.

Carbs other than WM are turned into starch in the stomach. Once reaching the small intestine then are converted to simple sugars, then they are absorbed into the blood.

So, even though people assume there is no difference, or they "don't feel one is yielding better results than the other" - There is a process these other carbohydrates are going through that WM is bypassing.

So when using insulin pre/post/or during your workout WM is the most efficient choice.

Even if you are not, WM is still the most efficient choice during this time period.

Last edited:
I gotta try this. Those are my favs for pwo all in one. Doing cpwo now so it's water.

That is a great mix. That mix is similar to Torrent, by Universal Nutrition. Add some aminos and creatine and you're looking at a pretty fail safe combo!

That is not correct.

Carbs other than WM are turned into starch in the stomach. Once reaching the small intestine then are converted to simple sugars, then they are absorbed into the blood.

So, even though people assume there is no difference, or they "don't feel one is yielding better results than the other" - There is a process these other carbohydrates are going through that WM is bypassing.

So when using insulin pre/post/or during your workout WM is the most efficient choice.

Even if you are not, WM is still the most efficient choice during this time period.

Yes it is. Reread what I wrote....keyword: ABSORPTION

Digestion starts taking place once food enters the mouth, by amylase enzymes. However, all carbohydrates are ABSORBED in the small intestine....which means all carbs bypass the stomach at some point. Just because some carbohydrates undergo some digestion in the stomach, doesn't mean they don't bypass it at some point, it just means that their transit time is longer. I know what you are trying to say, but your terminology is off, which was my point.

We'll have to agree to disagree that quicker absorbing carbohydrates are going to be 'better' choices for muscle glycogenation. Quicker digestion and absorption is only going to play a big factor for those who are in endurance sports, or those who will be training the same body part soon after.

Also, this doesn't make sense:

Carbs other than WM are turned into starch in the stomach.

What are those carbs before they are 'turned into starch?"

One more question....

Let's say a person has eaten 3-5 meals before they have their post-w/o meal....do you think this will have an effect on transit time? In other words, since we probably still have food within our stomach and intestinal lumen from these previous meals, which will have an effect on transit times, 'speeed' of digestion is sort of moot, don't ya think?

Peace:)

BMJ

Ugh thank you, someone realizes how unimportant some insulin spike after a training session is soo beneficial. All this talk about the quickest way to refill glycogen stores, LOL, what do you run a marathon after a workout? Most people just sit down and carry on doing whatever it is they do.

You have the whole day to refill your glycogen stores, and they are not ever completely emptied out from 1 weight lifting session, and unless you have NO other carbs in your diet ever besides PWO, you will almost always be 'full'. Have some whey after a workout, get home and have whatever meal it is that you have. And please spare the insulin talk, like all this recovery is going to come from spiking the shit out of insulin for 30 mins after a workout, recovery is a 24/7 hour phenomenon, you will mostly always be 'recovering' and always using and refilling glycogen.

im liking the wm, malto, dextrose mix because we could easily have it made into a mix and sell it on our site...hmm interesting...now to do it without getting the waxy all messy

Ugh thank you, someone realizes how unimportant some insulin spike after a training session is soo beneficial. All this talk about the quickest way to refill glycogen stores, LOL, what do you run a marathon after a workout? Most people just sit down and carry on doing whatever it is they do.

You have the whole day to refill your glycogen stores, and they are not ever completely emptied out from 1 weight lifting session, and unless you have NO other carbs in your diet ever besides PWO, you will almost always be 'full'. Have some whey after a workout, get home and have whatever meal it is that you have. And please spare the insulin talk, like all this recovery is going to come from spiking the shit out of insulin for 30 mins after a workout, recovery is a 24/7 hour phenomenon, you will mostly always be 'recovering' and always using and refilling glycogen.

I'm basically just referring to those using insulin - I should have been more clear. My fault.

Yes it is. Reread what I wrote....keyword: ABSORPTION

Digestion starts taking place once food enters the mouth, by amylase enzymes. However, all carbohydrates are ABSORBED in the small intestine....which means all carbs bypass the stomach at some point. Just because some carbohydrates undergo some digestion in the stomach, doesn't mean they don't bypass it at some point, it just means that their transit time is longer. I know what you are trying to say, but your terminology is off, which was my point.

We'll have to agree to disagree that quicker absorbing carbohydrates are going to be 'better' choices for muscle glycogenation. Quicker digestion and absorption is only going to play a big factor for those who are in endurance sports, or those who will be training the same body part soon after.

Also, this doesn't make sense:

What are those carbs before they are 'turned into starch?"

One more question....

Let's say a person has eaten 3-5 meals before they have their post-w/o meal....do you think this will have an effect on transit time? In other words, since we probably still have food within our stomach and intestinal lumen from these previous meals, which will have an effect on transit times, 'speeed' of digestion is sort of moot, don't ya think?

Peace:)

BMJ

You are correct.. read your post too quickly. As far as food being in the stomach already from previous meals, I'm not 100% positive on that.

I would still assume because of WM's higher molecular weight, it would still travel through faster.

I'll have to check on that, good point.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner