over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

favorite post workout carb and why?

mike ross

Registered
pretty basic question. whats your favorite and why? i'll reveal my answer later...i used to really like maltodextrin, then found that starches worked better for me

i think its spellled viratgo. Shawn rays sponsor/comp

Lactose from raw milk.. I believe a slower controlled insulin response is better PWO and I prefer a natural sugar source..

Interesting. Do you feel fuller longer after the workout? When's your next meal after?

maltodextrin, not as messy as waxy maize

White rice because mixed with some eggs it tastes great!

Chocolate milk

Inexpensive, easily available, and very effective. Plus, it tastes good and is
good for you.

Chocolate Milk: The New Sports Drink?

**broken link removed**

x2

I also just use plain non-fat milk with TP protein added in with it (Usually either MPI or WPI).

Sometimes I prefer dextrose....it just depends on my mood at the time. Milk is probably my favorite though because it is so versatile.

Other times I just have a regular solid meal.

Because i'mnot working that bodypart immediately afterward again, I don't really fuss on how quick my post-w/o drinks and foods are digested.

BMJ

apple juice and milk

I have been too afraid to stop my usual Perfect Carb by lg sciences. its a mix of waxy, malto, and dextrose. It's just too convenient

I have gotten in the habit of eating 6-8 pieces of sushi after I train. I wash it all down with chocolate (LBA) milk...

the milk idea is very popular among athletic trainers, especially in colleges...ive been using a rice "sugar" substance lately. Its made from rice, seems to be working well. I liked waxy, but i just cant deal with it anymore.

I also do the meals after working out sometime instead of shakes etc...i feel i eat too much when i do that though

you guys use carbolyn at all? see people buying that all the time

Starches pwo, fruits and greens all other times. Its all about how youre carbing up...otherwise a carb is a carb.

I like vanilla or strawberry yogurt and a protein shake. Why, because it has sugar carbs and protein. Also good and cold...

Sometimes a peanut butter and banana sandwich or two.

Lactose from raw milk.. I believe a slower controlled insulin response is better PWO and I prefer a natural sugar source..

full cream raw milk?

Interesting thread......I been using carbolyn, its poweful shit, makes my blood sugar drop like crazy, I take it post workout and I start getting sleepy.

I made the mistake of using it pre workout with whey isolate and mac nut oil....even the fat in the oil doesn't stop it from makin my blood sugar crash, and I was using half a scoop.

I have gotten in the habit of eating 6-8 pieces of sushi after I train. I wash it all down with chocolate (LBA) milk...

That sounds so good, I have to try it. I love sushi/sashimi and LBAs! Do you buy your sushi somewhere and have it in your fridge or do you stop at a place on way home from gym?

What's your fav sushi? I am pretty basic- salmon, all tunas, shrimp, and I like yellow tail sashimi w/ jalepenos.

Been using the perfect carb from LG myself for a bit here. Will be trying the new ALRI Chained Reaction. I just started doing carbs again PW and I have read others say they get less acid reflux like symptoms and the PC from LG gives me that a bit. Used to use the carbo gain from universal as well. I liked that malto from what I remember so perhaps I will try out malto again after the CR.

Also done the whole food thing only and it works as well.

Waxy -

Bypasses the stomach and goes straight to the blood stream, to the muscle. The idea is to replace glycogen stores that have been depleted as quickly as possible (feed the muscle).

Milk, dairy in general has properties that slow the digestion process - which is the last thing you want pwo.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws