over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite Trap building exercise--->

SAVAGEPMHNP

Registered
So since I've been back in the gym i've been really sticking to dumbell shrugs for traps. My traps have always been a really weak body part of mine. Which trap exercises do you guys incorporate in your routine? What muscle group do you usually work traps with? Lately, i've been doing them on leg day.

Deadlifts have always nailed mine sufficiently, but at times I like to throw in either dumbbell shrugs, trap bar shrugs, or behind the back smith shrugs. If I'm just doing deads, it's when I throw in deads. If it's one of the other exercises, I like to throw them in with shoulders.

Rack pulls.

Besides deads, I do shrugs at different angles and it seems to help bring them up.

To be honest, I haven't been doing deads AT ALL! Which is probably a good reason why my traps are severely weak! Lol. I'm kind of taller(6ft 2inches) and I just find the movement really uncomfortable and i feel like it puts too much stress on my neck and spine. I have been doing Romanian style deadlifts tho. Do RDLs hit the traps sufficiently also?

To be honest, I haven't been doing deads AT ALL! Which is probably a good reason why my traps are severely weak! Lol. I'm kind of taller(6ft 2inches) and I just find the movement really uncomfortable and i feel like it puts too much stress on my neck and spine. I have been doing Romanian style deadlifts tho. Do RDLs hit the traps sufficiently also?

I am also tall, somewhere between 6'1'' and 6'2''. I've found the rack pulls are a great solution. I too found deadlifts from the floor to be uncomfortable once I started moving up in weight, but with rack pulls I have no problems pulling 405x20 up to 585 till failure.

I find traps need to be hit from multi angles so I like face pulls and shrugs to hit the same muscle from quite different angles and give that 3D look

I LOVE seated DB shrugs, feels very different than your normal standing BB or DB shrug. Great way to change things up, I recommend them to everyone who asks me about traps.

of course also deads, but I still believe in doing targeted trap work like shrugs.

I am also tall, somewhere between 6'1'' and 6'2''. I've found the rack pulls are a great solution. I too found deadlifts from the floor to be uncomfortable once I started moving up in weight, but with rack pulls I have no problems pulling 405x20 up to 585 till failure.

I think I'm going to give rack pulls a try this week! Are they more of an overall back development exercise or hams? Just curious as to what day I should do them on. With back or legs?

I think I'm going to give rack pulls a try this week! Are they more of an overall back development exercise or hams? Just curious as to what day I should do them on. With back or legs?

Do them with back. Pulling from the rack takes hams and glutes out making it petty much completely a back movement.

I don't see how being tall would affect the exercise.

Last edited:
Behind the back smith machine shrugs. Pyramid up then down. Do them as my last exercise with my back routine.

Deadlifts, Machine shrugs, face pulls for high reps.

For me it is dead lifts shrugs and military bench press helps also.

Good old fashioned barbell shrugs for me. My traps grow real easy anyway, I used to just let deaf lift take care of it and they were still my best bodypart then. One of my few easy growing parts

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner