over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite/Unique Machines you've tried?

Ok here’s something I really like that I have only seen at one gym and old golds in my smallish hometown. Let me know if y’all have ever come across these.

It’s these machines that have hydraulic based resistance and are configured in a way that antagonist training can occur with a single rep. So there are only concentric movements, no eccentrics, between opposing muscles on a single exercise.

For example there was a preacher curl set up with neutral handles so you would hammer curl it up then Tricep press down and just back and forth. They had a set up for a leg extension combined with a leg curl— this felt freaking incredible. And a row combined with a chest press. Never came across these again but they were pretty cool!

Ok here’s something I really like that I have only seen at one gym and old golds in my smallish hometown. Let me know if y’all have ever come across these.

It’s these machines that have hydraulic based resistance and are configured in a way that antagonist training can occur with a single rep. So there are only concentric movements, no eccentrics, between opposing muscles on a single exercise.

For example there was a preacher curl set up with neutral handles so you would hammer curl it up then Tricep press down and just back and forth. They had a set up for a leg extension combined with a leg curl— this felt freaking incredible. And a row combined with a chest press. Never came across these again but they were pretty cool!
That could be a real time saver! Two exercises done in the time it would normally take one. Keiser machines are like that but they only provide resistance one way. The machines you describe, i have never heard of!

Most people don’t/won’t ever know how awesome belt squats are..all leg drive, no spine/back strain of compression..just killing legs.

I used to just use the spuds belt squat with plates while standing on cinder blocks...but a little over a year ago I picked up one of Matt wennings machines...as someone with a lot of injuries I feel it has rehabbed me back into the game more than anything else

Reactions: Bio
Since it's been resurrected, I've since joined a new gym that has all old vintage red Nautilus. Some similar era stuff, too, half plate loaded and some weight stack. By far my favorites are the swivel grip one handed pull down, Hammer Iso Row and the red nautilus preacher curl feels just right for my arm physiology and gives me great biceps contraction.

I recently joined a gym with a hack squat for the first time ever and I feel like my whole life has been a lie up until now

I recently joined a gym with a hack squat for the first time ever and I feel like my whole life has been a lie up until now

Lol same. My favorite quads exercise but went years without one until now. My only issue with hacks is that I'll still think they're a good idea after roasting the shit out of quads with front squats and leg extensions. "hacks sound like a good idea right now". Yea, they usually aren't

I knocked out a tooth my second time using the hack at my new gym.

Reactions: RDS
you can't just throw something like that out there without telling the story...

Well, like I said, I was used to not having hacks in my usual lineup of quads exercises since I'd only been a member of more 'family fitness' oriented places.

Was still exploring my new gym, so I'm trying a little of everything and just having a fuckin blast. My new gym reminds me of the one I 'grew up' in, except it's red nautilus instead of blue nautilus. I'm having the time of my fuckin life torturing the shit out of myself on everything; I'm doing shit like supersetting plate loaded leg extensions with plate loaded whatever style leg curls, back and forth, about to die. The hack is a no name, I believe. In fact, it may be homemade? I'll verify tomorrow. I probably smoke too much before my workouts, so I'll come up with shit in my head that I think is a good idea, at the time. I went slow, just one plate at a time for six as feeler sets. Long time without hacks, but four a side felt good, so just went for it; believe I ended up with 33? Took about fifteen minutes to unload lol, called it a morning for my leg workout. Opened the exit door, managed the first step but not the second.

Shit happens, I guess.

Reactions: RDS
Just started using this one and I’ve never been able to feel my pecs isolate more. It’s like my chest is on fire

Attachments

• 47CCDB46-3D5A-4D00-98B7-B59D722D813E.jpeg
    47CCDB46-3D5A-4D00-98B7-B59D722D813E.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Bio
Well, like I said, I was used to not having hacks in my usual lineup of quads exercises since I'd only been a member of more 'family fitness' oriented places.

Was still exploring my new gym, so I'm trying a little of everything and just having a fuckin blast. My new gym reminds me of the one I 'grew up' in, except it's red nautilus instead of blue nautilus. I'm having the time of my fuckin life torturing the shit out of myself on everything; I'm doing shit like supersetting plate loaded leg extensions with plate loaded whatever style leg curls, back and forth, about to die. The hack is a no name, I believe. In fact, it may be homemade? I'll verify tomorrow. I probably smoke too much before my workouts, so I'll come up with shit in my head that I think is a good idea, at the time. I went slow, just one plate at a time for six as feeler sets. Long time without hacks, but four a side felt good, so just went for it; believe I ended up with 33? Took about fifteen minutes to unload lol, called it a morning for my leg workout. Opened the exit door, managed the first step but not the second.

Shit happens, I guess.

Amazing. I've had my knees buckle a few times walking out after training legs but have always been able to catch myself. I know I won't always be so lucky

Nautilus chain drive leg extension.
Bodymasters overhead extension machine
The old long arm side raise machines ( the original is cybex I believe, both Arsenal and Legend make one finally now)
Pendulum squat ( currently just Arsenal and Atlantis I think)
Pitshark (we have a tall frame one and do tons of shit on it)
A lot of the flex leverage line is worth buying
A lot of the HammerStrength back machines are well worth the money
I still think the Nebula leg press is the best ever made

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but off the top of my head I got these. My brother and I will hopefully be getting an arsenal pendulum squat and side raise machine soon. We're kind of equipment snobs at this point I guess.

Hoist Fitness equipment. I finally have a chance to try them and the Hoist Roc-it stack Lat Pulldown and Hoist Roc-it stack Row machines are new at one of the gyms I go to. I get a great squeeze in my back, where is depending how I do the movement. It’s great but the down side is I’m already at the bottom of the stack! They also sell plate loaded machines they might be better to add more weight. But the squeeze on those is awesome!
Some of the Roc-it pieces are definitely cool.

Flex Hack Squat. It's 30 or 35 degrees where as most hacks are 45 degrees. Arsenal/Nebula made a great hack too. Strive (now Prime) Leg Curl (plate loaded). Cybex Seated Calf Raise. Cybex Standing Leg Curl (plate loaded, really loved this one) & the Flex Hamtractor (also great). Flex & Nebula made awesome leg presses back in the days when i was able to leg press. those two were my favs.

Flex Leverage Lat Pulldown (plate loaded, incredible piece). Nautilus Nitro Lat Pulldown (plate loaded). The old Nautilus Pullover machine that Dorian used in Blood & Guts. It's also plate loaded and that thing was wonderful.

Strive Biceps Curl (plate loaded). Resolute PS Simplicity Biceps Curl (Redcon1 gym has this piece). Flex Bisolator.
Love that machine, but never felt it all that well despite my love of it.

Below is a Flex Hack Squat btw. Startrac bought Flex at least 15 years ago and still produces the same Hack Squat i believe. if it's not the same, it's pretty close.
Yep. They still make the leverage pieces it looks like under the star-trac name too. Or did at least.

Yep. They still make the leverage pieces it looks like under the star-trac name too. Or did at least.
Yes, i've seen and used the Startrac Hack in a few gyms and i think it's the same exact machine although i'm not 100% sure. I know that Startrac, and i'm not sure why, changed the Flex plate loaded Pulldown and Incline Press. Those were Flex's two most beloved upper body pieces. Dumb move to change them, especially the Lat Pull which was awesome.

It's a tool that you pay for making posts. The humans are getting anxious because AI are now synthesizing posts, taking their fake post jobs. It's a real workout for me. Machines.

Not a unique machine, but I've never seen anyone else do these and they fuckin kill. Lying, face down pull downs on an k incline bench. Close grip mag grips, just like the video. By the way if you don't use mag grips, shame on you. The only issue is that I'm already using as much as the machine can handle for high reps :( at 14:30. Amazing Lat pump!

Nautilus chain drive leg extension.
Bodymasters overhead extension machine
The old long arm side raise machines ( the original is cybex I believe, both Arsenal and Legend make one finally now)
Pendulum squat ( currently just Arsenal and Atlantis I think)
Pitshark (we have a tall frame one and do tons of shit on it)
A lot of the flex leverage line is worth buying
A lot of the HammerStrength back machines are well worth the money
I still think the Nebula leg press is the best ever made

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but off the top of my head I got these. My brother and I will hopefully be getting an arsenal pendulum squat and side raise machine soon. We're kind of equipment snobs at this point I guess.
I used to have the plate loaded Flex Leverage Lat Pulldown and Converging Incline Press. The Lat Pulldown was my favorite plate loaded piece ever. Back when i was able to leg press, I too was a fan of the Nebula Leg Press. I also had a Paramount Pendulum Squat. Great piece for quads but the compression at the bottom of the movement was not so kind to my spine. Have a Nautilus Pullover now, good piece but I used one from the 70's where the elbows aren't so wide and it's one of the best Pullovers i ever used, very similar to the one Dorian used in B & G. Two leg pieces every bodybuilder should have the pleasure of using: FLex/Startrac Hack Squat (30/35 degree angle) and a Zane Leg Blaster. Btw, Nebula also made a great Hack Squat and currently Panatta also looks to have made a superb one.

Also, i find that when the weight is behind you, the pulldown movement is more effective. Wish more machines were designed this way as the Flex Leverage Lat Pull was.

Not a unique machine, but I've never seen anyone else do these and they fuckin kill. Lying, face down pull downs on an k incline bench. Close grip mag grips, just like the video. By the way if you don't use mag grips, shame on you. The only issue is that I'm already using as much as the machine can handle for high reps :( at 14:30. Amazing Lat pump!

Those mag grips are THE best. I love those. They gym I went to before Covid hit had them. Maybe I can buy some for my home. Have to search around the net and find where to buy them.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads