over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite/Unique Machines you've tried?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I got the chance to switch gyms in this pandemic, and came across stuff that my dingy YMCA never had.

I didn't even know some of this stuff existed:

- Belt Squats
- Hack Squats (I know, this is kind of standard)
- Hammer Strength Machine Pull over (the one Dorian used in B&G), never thought I'd see this in my life
- HS Low row, HS high row
- Plate loaded HS press
- Single Leg Iso Press (plate loaded)
- Leg press that you can split to single leg for isolation
- Seated Skull crusher machine
- Donkey calf raise machine

I spent quite a bit of time looking up new movements with standard equipment at my old gym; I think I'm set for a few years here :) ...just focus on getting strong on this stuff

Any movements you guys added that brought better growth for a bodypart?

I went on vacation to gulf shores last week and the gym had a pendulum squat machine. I had ONE plate on there and it destroyed my quads.

I’d buy one for my gym if I was a rich man

Swing Squats and belt squats. I really loved the swing squat, but only found it in one gym. Lows you to do really deep squats with zero strain on the low back.

maxresdefault.jpg

I got the chance to switch gyms in this pandemic, and came across stuff that my dingy YMCA never had.

I didn't even know some of this stuff existed:

- Belt Squats
- Hack Squats (I know, this is kind of standard)
- Hammer Strength Machine Pull over (the one Dorian used in B&G), never thought I'd see this in my life
- HS Low row, HS high row
- Plate loaded HS press
- Single Leg Iso Press (plate loaded)
- Leg press that you can split to single leg for isolation
- Seated Skull crusher machine
- Donkey calf raise machine

I spent quite a bit of time looking up new movements with standard equipment at my old gym; I think I'm set for a few years here :) ...just focus on getting strong on this stuff

Any movements you guys added that brought better growth for a bodypart?
h

I believe that Dorian was using a Nautilus pullover machine in B&G's it was a very old one but he often talked about how much he liked it. I liked a lot of their older equipment too.

Swing Squats and belt squats. I really loved the swing squat, but only found it in one gym. Lows you to do really deep squats with zero strain on the low back.

View attachment 118312

I find squat machines that work off an arcing motion more so then straight line to be more ergonomic and easier on the joints.

I really liked the old Keiser pneumatic training system machines. They were great for keeping the tension high as the sets progressed.

h

I believe that Dorian was using a Nautilus pullover machine in B&G's it was a very old one but he often talked about how much he liked it. I liked a lot of their older equipment too.

I find squat machines that work off an arcing motion more so then straight line to be more ergonomic and easier on the joints.

I really liked the old Keiser pneumatic training system machines. They were great for keeping the tension high as the sets progressed.
Yeah, the gym i was at has a great Keiser belt squat that I really loved. He has every machine they make and they really are good on the joints and the variable resistance works very well.

I plan on going back there once the rona is done.

View attachment 118312

This is the same as a Pendulum squat. As posted a great movement and I wish my gym had it. One of the gym's where I am moving to has one of those. It actually has about 10 different squat machines and is the best gym I have ever been to. It's awkward for me to get to so I won't be a regular member but will train there from time to time. If anyone ever wants to use the original Nautilus pullover machine that Dorian actually used it's in UltraFlex Gym Durham in the UK.

h

Very cool, I always thought it was a HS machine. When I go look at it again, the two wheels in the front are a giveaway it wasn't.

It was probably from the 80s, Gotta give Arthur Jones credit; A design like that carried forward for decades.

This is the same as a Pendulum squat. As posted a great movement and I wish my gym had it. One of the gym's where I am moving to has one of those. It actually has about 10 different squat machines and is the best gym I have ever been to. It's awkward for me to get to so I won't be a regular member but will train there from time to time. If anyone ever wants to use the original Nautilus pullover machine that Dorian actually used it's in UltraFlex Gym Durham in the UK.

Did you ever get a chance to train at Temple gym? I heard they relocated from the original facility some years back.

My gym just got a pendulum squat (swing squat) machine and I love it. It's always open because everybody else hates it. We've also had a belt squat machine I've tried several times because I love Hunter Labrada's YT vid on it for hams but I can't figure it out it is so difficult to set-up and use. I was able to get it going for a couple sets and it just killed my hams.

My gym just got a pendulum squat (swing squat) machine and I love it. It's always open because everybody else hates it. We've also had a belt squat machine I've tried several times because I love Hunter Labrada's YT vid on it for hams but I can't figure it out it is so difficult to set-up and use. I was able to get it going for a couple sets and it just killed my hams.
Yeah the swing squat at the gym I was at was always empty. I got so I loaded it up pretty heavy too. 3 plates on each side and a little more, thats heavy in the movement. Starting out just over 1 plate a side feels about right.

Haha I'm in the same boat with the YMCA! Well the YMCA closed for good and my new gym was probably the baddest gym on the planet.......back in 1994 and it hasn't changed one bit since I love it!

The donkey calf raise machine has been a godsend for my girly man calfs....

I like Matt Wennings Belt squat. A very rare item but if anyone ever comes across they should give it a try.

I also do a tke band variation while using it. Basically take two green bands and look them through on the back of the machine. Then bring the bands back onto the platform and step each foot through one of them so that bend is essentially pulling on the back of each knee. Even without any weight flexing your quads to lock your leg out against the tension of the bands burns.. Then add a few plates to the belt squat and your in a whole new level of pain.

Ive only ever been to one gym that has that little contraption that allows you to train your shin muscles. Its super simple. I know you all know what I'm talking about. I miss seeing that little thing.

Yeah the swing squat at the gym I was at was always empty. I got so I loaded it up pretty heavy too. 3 plates on each side and a little more, thats heavy in the movement. Starting out just over 1 plate a side feels about right.

Hell yea I just had one plate and it felt heavy AF lol.

Swing Squat!

**broken link removed**

Ive only ever been to one gym that has that little contraption that allows you to train your shin muscles. Its super simple. I know you all know what I'm talking about. I miss seeing that little thing.

Tibialis anterior raise. Many models mad by Hammer Strength, Flex, etc., all plate-loaded with the same design. They're rare to find in gyms but by far the best way of training the tibialis.

I've also seen seated calf raise machines at one LA Fitness location that had tibia raisers built in, but it was hard to use and ROM was poor, though that might be due to my long legs.

I've been very creative with my home equipment, almost glad no one sees 😂
And I will have to remember when I go back the gym,, I cant sing and dance around like I do between sets 🤣💃
Fave gym equipment...
Pendulum squat machine,, Glute kickback machine,,, and I really love, the little sissy squat thing 😆.. not really a machine is it, but it does bust your butt/legs 🍑 tiny but mighty haha 💪

That's a lot! I'm up to 1 plate ea. side, but I'm so worried about my bum knee I take all new leg movements slow and easy. I've increased in weight every time I've used it but now I have a goal to shoot for! :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131