advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FBI file on controversial steroid guru Daniel Duchaine reveal his skill at evading th

I didn't know shit about it back then but man do I miss ultimate orange, did my best wrestling jacked up on that stuff....

The original UO was crazy. Loved that stuff.

I had heard of the book but didn't know where to get it. All the info I got was through the gym and guys I knew personally. Buying stuff was only done through people you got to know and they trusted you.

My mom found it (the Underground Steroid Handbook) in my bedroom when I was 17. I never saw that book again. LOL. I did read it a good 20 times, from cover to cover before it was confiscated, though. I never forgot any of it.

Obviously, we now know not everything in there was correct, but most of the info was gold back in those days...because like several other people have already mentioned, we didn't have anywhere to go for this information. You either needed to be accepted into a group that included older, experienced bodybuilders, or you took your chances and hoped things turned out for the best. That's if you could even find AAS to begin with! Back then you had to buy them from the guy at the gym (usually) and in many instances these guys wouldn't even speak to you about AAS if you weren't vouched for by other trusted AAS users.

This book saved a LOT of people a good deal of wasted time, effort, and side effects. :)

Steroid information available to us in the 80's...

**broken link removed**

underground-steroid-handbook1.jpg

23944580.jpg

I still have copies of these lol,only thing from the 80's i still have

I remember Usenet and the different newsgroup although I didn't post or contribute.

As mentioned above, there was something for everyone and some pretty screwed up stuff in different areas....kind of like the "dark-web" today.

I knew who he was and read some of his stuff, but really begin researching him when Lyle first started out "logging". I think I still have all the old printouts of Lyle's first logs when he started dabbling with Duchaines dieting theories.

I remember the attention he gathered with such a long time testing that he eventually hooked up with Dan a few times. I think the first was out riding recumbent bikes which Dan was fond of.

Man.....seems so long ago.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Beg to differ. There was the ‘internet’ back them. It was call the Usenet,
unix based, originally developed by and for universities communication,
the ability to read and post messages called ‘news’ to one or more
categories, known as newsgroups. This is going back ~30 years ago, 10
years before the www . . . so, maybe, technically, not the ‘internet.’

But there was tons of steroid information available in that newsgroup
way back then. So it was an easy way to get steroid info, but you had to
have access to Usenet newsreaders. I did through work.

Dan Duchaine was a regular poster and I was a regular reader at
rec.fitnes.weights; I think that was the correct category . . . it’s been
awhile :( Perhaps some of our older member will remember that time.

I read it every morning but never posted to the best of my recollection.
A lot of real characters in that news group (nothing’s changed ;) ).
It was very free and open and unmoderated in many cases. There was
some weird shit being posted on some of the newsgroups (don’t ask).

Like I said, Dan was a regular and prolific poster (also experimenter?)
about the use of steroids with many ‘novel’ approaches. Very
knowledgeable. Don’t think he ever looked the part or worked out that
much, if at all, was really into bicycling too I think.

Yeah, I remember BBS. My buddy and I would go on one from California and download cracked games! Using the modem that you laid your phone down on the cups. Think it was like 800 baud.

My mom found it (the Underground Steroid Handbook) in my bedroom when I was 17. I never saw that book again. LOL. I did read it a good 20 times, from cover to cover before it was confiscated, though. I never forgot any of it.

Obviously, we now know not everything in there was correct, but most of the info was gold back in those days...because like several other people have already mentioned, we didn't have anywhere to go for this information. You either needed to be accepted into a group that included older, experienced bodybuilders, or you took your chances and hoped things turned out for the best. That's if you could even find AAS to begin with! Back then you had to buy them from the guy at the gym (usually) and in many instances these guys wouldn't even speak to you about AAS if you weren't vouched for by other trusted AAS users.

This book saved a LOT of people a good deal of wasted time, effort, and side effects. :)

What we could buy was very limited too. I fooled around with steroids when I was in high school, and the only thing I really knew about was orals because that is what the big guys on the football team were using. I was buying the Ciba dbol, the blue ones. One time I wanted to buy more but he was all out so I ended up having to get Winstrol.

I started training in high school, but didn't begin using steroids until I was 24, after I had graduated from college and had already bulked up to 255 lbs naturally.

Then for my first cycle all I could find locally in 1992 were Sustanon and Durateston amps. I could get clen and Nolvadex and even Cytadren and GHB mail order, thanks to Duchaine. But what we could get locally would be very limited at times and could dry up to nothing if someone got busted, like Victor Terra, a local pro and NABBA Mr Universe.

I bought 20 amps and my first cycle was ten weeks at 500mg test per week, nothing else. Put on 40 lbs of muscle and really started looking like a bodybuilder. You really don't need much to grow but good test and good food and sleep, at least at 24. I miss those more innocent days.

I started training in high school, but didn't begin using steroids until I was 24, after I had graduated from college and had already bulked up to 255 lbs naturally.

Then for my first cycle all I could find locally in 1992 were Sustanon and Durateston amps. I could get clen and Nolvadex and even Cytadren and GHB mail order, thanks to Duchaine. But what we could get locally would be very limited at times and could dry up to nothing if someone got busted, like Victor Terra, a local pro and NABBA Mr Universe.

I bought 20 amps and my first cycle was ten weeks at 500mg test per week, nothing else. Put on 40 lbs of muscle and really started looking like a bodybuilder. You really don't need much to grow but good test and good food and sleep, at least at 24. I miss those more innocent days.

Cool story but you did NOT put on 40 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks.

Yeah, not really possible physiologically I think. I managed to put on about 15 pounds of bodyweight in about 8 weeks using just that ciba dbol I had at the age of 17. No telling how much was actual muscle, but I put on fat at all. If anything I lost some. I think a lot was probably just water though. Cant remember how much I lost when I got off it, but I think I lost about 10 pounds of that eventually.

I went from 167 lbs to 208 lbs in 12 weeks when I was 22 years old and first started training seriously. I was 100% drug-free. I used only only creatine and Mega-Mass 4000 (an old-school garbage weight gainer with a million calories of maltodextrin).

I gained MAYBE 5 pounds of fat. I still had abs when I was done. My strength levels went through the rook. I gained over 100 lbs on basically ever major exercise...and a couple hundred pounds on things like deads. I even added 35-50 lbs on exercises like curls, triceps extensions, etc.

I gained another 22 pounds over the following 9 months, putting my total weight gain at 63 lbs in my first year of serious training. However, that first 12 weeks I was all-in. I ate, trained, and slept like a defending Mr.Olympia prepping for the O'. I never missed a single bite of food, a training session, or a minute of sleep. I focused 100% on progressive resistance and got stronger on literally every single exercise, at every single workout, for the entire 12 weeks. I tried to get that extra rep every time I did a set like my life depended on it. That 12 weeks was the first time I understood why some people have vomited from leg and back training, as I became familiar with running to the garbage can and losing my pre-workout meal more than once.

In conclusion, I most definitely think it is possible to gain 40 lbs of muscle mass in 10 weeks. I am far from the most genetically gifted individual, so if I could gain 41 mostly lean pounds in 12 weeks DRUG-FREE, then imagine what is possible for a newcomer who did use PEDs and did EVERYTHING CORRECTLY? If I had been taking steroids I truly believe I would have gained well over 60 pounds in that 12 weeks--well over.

In conclusion, I most definitely think it is possible to gain 40 lbs of muscle mass in 10 weeks. I am far from the most genetically gifted individual, so if I could gain 41 mostly lean pounds in 12 weeks DRUG-FREE, then imagine what is possible for a newcomer who did use PEDs and did EVERYTHING CORRECTLY? If I had been taking steroids I truly believe I would have gained well over 60 pounds in that 12 weeks--well over.

I agree...^^

IT is possible...

I guess we should state it as lean mass as some of it is water, but I'll never forget this one kid in his 20's he put on 50 solid pounds in the early 1990's went from 205 to 255 off of 30 cc's of sustanon, my training partner supplied him, and back then steroids were really rare and expensive on the east coast.
The kid had a trust fund did nothing but eat train sleep and grow, I remember a guy that worked out that put in his cable at is new townhouse and he said that the kid had all his supplements laid out in little bags - vitamins and minerals - ate 10 lean meals a day and trained heavy and hard on the basics - he ended up looking like a gargoyle we joked cause his traps and back and shoulders were gigantic he ended up with a dorian like back huge chest 21 arms 30 inch legs --only thing lacking was calves.
Funny I say kid when I was just a few years older.

Later on he got to 310 or so was 6 2 ended up getting busted set up but still competed nationally - was on the bottom end of the top ten if not teens in a few national shows but to this day still the most impressive transformation I have ever seen. Would come into the gym and he'd be squatting 6-7 plates, BB rowing 455, etc, reminds me now of Dallas McCarver...all that way before advanced supplementation GH slin ETC.

I had heard of the book but didn't know where to get it. All the info I got was through the gym and guys I knew personally. Buying stuff was only done through people you got to know and they trusted you.

if you search hard enough you can find his books and newsletters on the web in PDF format...had a copy of all of them but can't find it - on a flash drive or older computer...the second UG handbook he printed on copy proof paper which was really weird at the time.

He was on these same forums in the 90's....he ran the show wherever and whenever he posted. Guy was brilliant. You guys who were not around back then really missed something special. I wish he was still here today to give his thoughts on everything. There will never be anybody close to Duchaine, he was such a weird, unique and genius of a man. I have not seen anybody close to him, even though there are some very intelligent individuals amongst us in this subculture. He was the Tesla of the BB/AAS/Underground world.

My very first exposure to bbing was a newsgroup misc/fitness/weights...
Duchaine, Bill and Shaun Phillips and Patrick Arnold posted on there ...I never really posted just read...very green back then.
Had a few emails from Dan - real short - he'd answer a question or two back then especially if you bought from him. Never got any price lists or AAS clen or GHB from him, but did get the UO.

I got a bunch of emails and faxes from Bill Phillips too mostly after he started MM2K and I was buying products from him.

Long gone and lost.

Duchaine's magic would never be appreciated today in the mass dilution of social media message boards etc.

Yes, but unless I completely misunderstood him; he claimed to have gotten up 255lbs naturally, and then doing a cycle and putting on 40lbs of muscle in 10 weeks... So he's at 295lbs... Unless we have Ronnie Coleman posting here; I don't believe it, might be just a tad exaggerated

ALOOOOOOTTTT of HUGE claims here.....lol

def makes for a good time.

:food-:mil

pics would even be a better time...!!!!!

(not you creter, we've already seen them all 100 times)

Fantastic guy IMHO. He was informative and really a guy you wanted to listen to back in the day. He filled a black hole with information for a lot of us old guys. Truly saddened when he passed....

I followed Dan because who else was i going to follow? Loved getting Body Opus. Never had heard of that type program before. I believe also had a "newsletter" for a bit.

If I remember right, which I may not, I saw articles by him in the Bill Phillips mags.

I dabbled in usenet back in the day but did not get active until the Compuserve Days. Let us not forget Prodigy either!

I set up computers back in the day to handle more modems that the two serial ports standard in "IBM Compatible PCs" came with, Com1:, and Com2: , 03F8 and O2F8 addresses using Hardware interupts 3 and 4. We designed a board that basically would use one hardware interrupt and you could have 8 either 1200 Baud modems. Later 2400, then Egads! 9600.

We were "Bleeding Edge".

Those were the days. I don't miss them.

PWood

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws