over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FDA issues warning - WE GOT YOUR BACK BROs

chainheart

Kilo Klub Member
FDA issues warning on testosterone-boosting drugs.

... FDA suggests "conduct a long-term study to further examine the testosterone issue"

... never mentions TRANSGENDER / SEX CHANGE SURGERY ... no need to study that in the long term. people changing their genitals - just fine.

Testosterone-boosting drugs are overprescribed for men, FDA warns - CBS News

The Food and Drug Administration is warning doctors against over-prescribing testosterone-boosting drugs for men, saying the popular treatments have not been established as safe or effective for common age-related issues like low libido and fatigue.

The agency says drug makers must clearly state in their labeling and promotions that the drugs, currently taken by millions of U.S. men, are only approved to treat low testosterone levels caused by disease or injury, not normal aging.

Additionally, the FDA cautioned that the drugs may increase the risk of heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular problems. Drug makers must add information about that potential risk to their prescribing labels and conduct a long-term study to further examine the issue, the FDA said. Health officials in Canada issued a similar warning about testosterone risks last July.

Play Video
Testosterone supplements linked to heart attacks, study finds

The warning comes just over a year after a study at UCLA documented the link between testosterone supplements and heart attacks. The analysis of insurance claims for more than 55,000 men found that in men 65 and older, the risk of heart attack more than doubled within 90 days of starting testosterone drugs. In men younger than 65,with a history of heart disease, the risk almost tripled.

"We don't know very much about this therapy," Dr. Steve Nissen, a cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic, told CBS News chief medical correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook when that study came out. "What's going on is a giant experiment with American men's health at stake because we don't have the long-term data on the safety of these products."

The FDA action follows years of industry marketing for new gels, patches and injections that promise relief from low testosterone or "Low-T." Promotions from AbbVie, Eli Lilly & Co. and others link the condition to a variety of common ailments in aging men, including sexual problems and low mood.

"There's been a very successful advertising campaign to make men feel that whatever their problem is, the answer is to buy more testosterone," said Dr. Sidney Wolfe of Public Citizen. The consumer advocacy group petitioned the FDA last February to add a boxed warning -- the most serious type -- to testosterone drugs about heart risks. But the FDA rejected the petition in July, saying there was "insufficient evidence" for such a warning.

Play Video
FDA may restrict testosterone-boosting drugs

The advertising blitz for drugs like AbbVie's Androgel and Lilly's Axiron has pushed sales of testosterone drugs to over $2 billion. Roughly 2.3 million U.S. patients filled a prescription for testosterone in 2013, up 77 percent from 2010, according to FDA figures.

The heading on AbbVie's Androgel website reads: "You are a man. You want the facts. You get down to business. You might have low testosterone."

North Chicago-based AbbVie said in a statement that the company "is committed to our patients and we continue to work with the FDA."

Testosterone injections were first approved in the 1950s for men who had been diagnosed with hypogonadism, a form of abnormally low testosterone caused by disorders of the testicles, brain and other hormone-related organs.

But current labeling on the drugs is vague enough that companies have been able to promote them to millions of otherwise healthy men who simply have lower-than-normal levels of testosterone.

"The benefits and safety of this use have not been established," the FDA said in a statement Tuesday.

While men's testosterone levels naturally decline after age 40, experts disagree on whether that drop actually leads to the issues like decreased energy and lower bone density.

Additionally, testosterone levels change by the hour and are affected by a range of environmental factors, such as stress and sexual arousal.

The FDA began reviewing the safety of testosterone drugs in January 2014 after two federal studies associated them with increased rates of heart attack, stroke and other serious problems. But other studies associated testosterone replacement with longevity.

Companies sell prescription testosterone in a variety of forms. The market leader, Androgel, is a gel applied to the shoulders and arms. Lilly's Axiron is a solution that rolls on like deodorant. Endo Pharmaceuticals sells a long-acting injectable testosterone as Aveed.

P.S.

FDA says they can't understand how whooping cough, measles, tuberculosis, ebola is making a come back in the United States (during amnesty debates) - make sure U.S. men don't have incentive to set their beer bottles down and stop watching tv.

i'll repeat ... FDA no warnings on TRANSGENDER / SEX CHANGE SURGERY ... no need to study that in the long term. Medicare's recent decision to cover sex-reassignment surgery...

Four of the five largest insurers cover all medically necessary treatments for their own transgender employees. And independent of regulators, a spokesman said Aetna is at least one company expecting to add coverage for gender reassignment surgery to some private plans in the future.

This post for satire entertainment. Information not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

Attachments

• batman snuggie blanket FDA.jpg
    batman snuggie blanket FDA.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:
I have worked in a health care field and the stigma towards male hormones just baffles me. Its fine to put everyone and their mother on birth control or, as stated, hormones to change someones gender. But the second a guy talks about testosterone replacement, everyone goes nuts spouting everything from roid rage to heart attacks to watermelon sized prostates.

Jesus if women have such easy access to their basic/necessary hormones, why the fuck are men not allowed the same freedom?

wasn't all of the FDA's findings about testosterone use, like cardiovascular problems, basically called bullshit and discredited by an independent study that was released recently? i think they only do this because, people like us who have their own means of getting testosterone supplies, they aren't getting any kickback from it. if you could purchase test by your yourself for $30 for 10ml, why would you pay $60, $80 $100+ a month for things like androgel or something that is "FDA Approved". remember, the FDA is a government agency, who works on the tax dollars brought in.

and i also believe that since testosterone makes men crazy and murderous and steroids are bad :eek::eek::eek: , that these studies are more published and monitored closely, than say birth control. women don't ever go crazy on birth control right?;);) ... but i think that is the fundamental difference. whenever you hear like an athlete dying, like chris benoit what was the caption "Steroids found in the house". Lyle Alzado, claiming steroid led to his brain tumor. alot is government and media driven. it isn't like "Woman takes whole package of birth control, goes on murderous rampage". it is a huge difference.

Last edited:
It's called off label use and it is nothing new and very prevalent in many categories of pharmaceuticals. Heck look at how psyche drugs are thrown around willy nilly.

I have known more than one transgendered person. they even agreed that its crazy they can get testosterone blockers and estrogen shots basically and turn into a female. yet I cant put a lil more of the hormone THATS ALREADY IN ME in me...!? wild..... you can change what u are, but cant increase what you are... just crazy
this government is also same folks that feed cattle GMO corn and give us all cancer imo so not a credible source of info AT ALL
our gov by and large cares about money (capitalism) not whats right wrong, makes most sense etc.
EDIT: currently reading "The Omnivores Dilemma" and its just wild what the truth is behind our food... I encourage everyone to read this book. if you care about what u put in your body read this book or watch "GMO: OMG on Netflix. or Food Inc on Netflix
-JS

Last edited:
Warning! any time I get a ear full of our governments bs . Im much more likely to go postal! Fuckin asses! Why don't the just tax the shit out of and and start promoting it.... 4.5 million deaths a year from tobacco.

This country's finished. They want a soft, dumb, weakened , femnist, minority country...and that's what they're going to get.

I have known more than one transgendered person. they even agreed that its crazy they can get testosterone blockers and estrogen shots basically and turn into a female. yet I cant put a lil more of the hormone THATS ALREADY IN ME in me...!? wild..... you can change what u are, but cant increase what you are... just crazy
this government is also same folks that feed cattle GMO corn and give us all cancer imo so not a credible source of info AT ALL
our gov by and large cares about money (capitalism) not whats right wrong, makes most sense etc.
EDIT: currently reading "The Omnivores Dilemma" and its just wild what the truth is behind our food... I encourage everyone to read this book. if you care about what u put in your body read this book or watch "GMO: OMG on Netflix. or Food Inc on Netflix
-JS

good book

we should all pay way more attention to all of this.

these fuckers are out to get you! govt is the real boogie man!:eek:

It doesn't make sense why it's ok for a man to take estrogen and get his junk surgically inverted to a vagina because he identifies himself as being a woman. It's also okay for a woman to be prescribed testosterone because she identifies herself as being a man, but that same testosterone prescription is not okay for a straight man that identifies himself as being a more masculine male.

Remember testosterone goes against Agenda 21 so they are going to do everything they can to try and stop its usage.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Remember testosterone goes against Agenda 21 so they are going to do everything they can to try and stop its usage.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Bingo! Fits in nicely with the GMO shit as well.

Only in America baby!!! Key words to invalidate the information.. two FEDERAL studies.. LOL If the capitalistic,oh wait I meant "democratic" US gov't cant make money, either thru legal regulatory or oversight abilities or off the books like CIA helping drug cartels funnel drugs into country for billions or selling arms to out of country non US but US supporting freedom fighters they have to censor it... commonwealth countries have no problem helping their aging males on the tax paid buck but only because they are sovereign and not ENTIRELY controlled by the US...

I am curious now since the study talked about guys over/under 65... I wonder what other prescriptions they were taking... like ED drugs for example.. you know the studies try to make them as controlled as possible and avoid effects from outside factors like other Rx drugs but during the screening process you already damn well know when interviewing a guy and telling him he has to stop his boner pills to participate, you bet your ass he is going to say "absolutely, no problem" while shaking his head NO! lol Just like the old "truce handshake" with fingers crossed on other hand placed behind the back.. LMAO

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly