over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FDA recalls Hydroxycut

I'll tell you exactly what happened with this one. Somewhere, in some town, some dumb fuck kid was using hydroxycut along with D-bols or Anadrols, drank his ass off with his friends at the same time, and then when he came down with liver problems it was Hydroxycuts fault, not the abused gear, minimum water consumption, and alcohol. It was just easier to explain to mommy that good old Hydroxycut was the culprit, not his lack of responsibility. By the time the testing was done the orals were out of his system anyways.

exactly. it is unreal what people do, they are so hypcritical and uneducated

i know a girl who pops hydroxycuts like pez and then fucking drinks like a fish. she might have a yogurt in the morning thats about it.

I'll tell you exactly what happened with this one. Somewhere, in some town, some dumb fuck kid was using hydroxycut along with D-bols or Anadrols, drank his ass off with his friends at the same time, and then when he came down with liver problems it was Hydroxycuts fault, not the abused gear, minimum water consumption, and alcohol. It was just easier to explain to mommy that good old Hydroxycut was the culprit, not his lack of responsibility. By the time the testing was done the orals were out of his system anyways.

Don't be so sure. It's not impossible some ingredients or ingredient in there is potentially liver toxic, like the camellia sinensis extract aka Green Tea.

I saw a report that pointed at Chromium, HCA and Green Tea as possible candidates with some potential for hepatotoxicity (from research).

Don't be so sure. It's not impossible some ingredients or ingredient in there is potentially liver toxic, like the camellia sinensis extract aka Green Tea.

I saw a report that pointed at Chromium, HCA and Green Tea as possible candidates with some potential for hepatotoxicity (from research).

Not sure if that was the case with this instance. I saw the list of recalls and the green tea hydroxycut was not being recalled. that has the most green tea for any of the hydroxy products. Not saying it hasnt caused problems, just saying it probably wasnt the culprit if they are taking off over 10 products and green tea one isnt taken off.

I know alot of you are saying save your money on stuff that works, LOL
if that was the case bro then everyone would only use performanace enhancers and pharmacy products 24/7.

I dont know about you but at one time, taking NO products worked well for me, and creatine gave me incredible gains when I first started. So saying hydroxycut is crap is just absurd.

For an untrained preson who sits on there but all day, hydroxycut will help them lose some weight and increase metabolism. It will even help trained people as well BUt that can depend person to person. what works for one wont work for all.

From Wikipedia may be a little off, but close:

NSAIDs use account for 16,500 deaths per year in the United States, and represent 43% of drug-related emergency visits. :eek:

FDA and BIG PHARMA = LEGALIZED CRIME

If they don't know what compound or metabolite caused the liver damage, how can they say it's Hydroxycut. Taking a very, very small handfull of people with liver problems and hypothesizing that because they all took Hydroxy it must have caused the damage is bad science. I hate Muscletech and I think Hydroxycut is a very ineffective fat burner, but pulling it when there is no proof it is harmfull is a dangerous precedent. Kind of like ephedra being banned as a dietary supplament for fatloss because a few people died. Such a small percentage and not directly proven to have been caused by it, but a bunch of dickless politicians can pat themselves on the back and point to how they are watching out for consumers because they put a stop to the carnage.

If they don't know what compound or metabolite caused the liver damage, how can they say it's Hydroxycut. Taking a very, very small handfull of people with liver problems and hypothesizing that because they all took Hydroxy it must have caused the damage is bad science.

If they didn't warn the public I don't think we would be happy if it turned out it could cause problems yet the FDA did nothing. MT pulled the product voluntarily. Although I don't like regulation I don't see a problem with warning the public. I'm not sure this is just a political move to fuck over the public.

Bodybuilders aren't sure how to feel about things like this. On one hand they're happy it's Muscletech that's under fire, yet on the other they are pissed they are messing with "their" supplements.

How about all the smokers and alcoholics that die each year. Our government sucks and coming to a end.

One of my friends who worked at GNC that took Hydroxycut got diagnosed after he got ill at work, with congestive heart failure. He successfully sued MuscleTech for just at 1 million. That was several years ago when ephedrine was the main fat burning ingredient. Funny how this cocksucker draws disability and walks 10 miles a day and works out like a fiend. lol He has no job but he's DISABLED? WTF? lol
Seriously, this stuff was bad news back then, God knows what's in it nowadays.

this is ridiculous. so what if the 23 people or 0.001% of the hydroxycut users were also having coco puff cereals. should this be withdrawn aswell.

surely at this percentage there is not enough correlation to prove it was hydroxycut. it could have been predetermined they were to have liver problems. frigging anything could have triggered it

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131