over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fear of Success

Mike Pulcinella

Banned
Registered
Retired competitive bodybuilder and body transformation counselor Dave Pulcinella talks about the secret fears that may be holding you back.

Sometimes a little soul searching is necessary.

Dave is also the star of the Raising the Bar Trilogy documentary series, an intimate look into the lifestyles of bodybuilders.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKmIEbsRkQ"]Is Fear of Success Keeping You From Achieving Your Goals? - YouTube[/ame]

Very interesting.

i find if i set the bar low enough i can impress myself often with out having to feel to intimidated with my success.

Well

That's because once you realize "success" may not mean anything, and is very subjective and low on the true importance of life. Maybe sub consciously we realize that and act appropriately. It's our own self protector. A Lot of guys shut that little voice off and just add more drugs...........seems to work for them temporarily.

That's because once you realize "success" may not mean anything, and is very subjective and low on the true importance of life. Maybe sub consciously we realize that and act appropriately. It's our own self protector. A Lot of guys shut that little voice off and just add more drugs...........seems to work for them temporarily.

i dont agree. i think that just because we did not have all the cards fall our way in something doesnt mean it cant work out for others. I choked n failed at wrestling. My family isnt genetically strong. Didnt stop me from training my brother to develop great strength and earn state titles n full scholarship. Some do more with shitty genetics than great genetic people do with theirs. All about smart choices and tactics.

I dont wanna sound arrogant, but you said id never place top 10 in a national show. Here i am gunning for the top of the USA 10yrs later. I did not have elite genetics to jump to the top it took work. Not that i put a ton into it, i was very inconsistent and life threw curveballs, or that it even matters for my point, but thats how it is.... my money will never come from being a pro and sponsors even if i do win it..... but the knowledge iv acquired in persuit of bodybuilding allowed me to land many great jobs and management positions, make money and open business'. I cannot say bodybuilding failed me even if i never get a card, because it lead to other avenues and opened doors.

Lets not take a negative stance on this subject and keep things sunny and bright :)

Last edited:
Well

i dont agree. i think that just because we did not have all the cards fall our way in something doesnt mean it cant work out for others. I choked n failed at wrestling. My family isnt genetically strong. Didnt stop me from training my brother to develop great strength and earn state titles n full scholarship. Some do more with shitty genetics than great genetic people do with theirs. All about smart choices and tactics.

I dont wanna sound arrogant, but you said id never place top 10 in a national show. Here i am gunning for the top of the USA 10yrs later. I did not have elite genetics to jump to the top it took work. Not that i put a ton into it, i was very inconsistent and life threw curveballs, or that it even matters for my point, but thats how it is.... my money will never come from being a pro and sponsors even if i do win it..... but the knowledge iv acquired in persuit of bodybuilding allowed me to land many great jobs and management positions, make money and open business'. I cannot say bodybuilding failed me even if i never get a card, because it lead to other avenues and opened doors.

Lets not take a negative stance on this subject and keep things sunny and bright :)

It was a chance for you to learn something. Top 10 is ok sure but at what cost and who cares besides yourself? You are young and won't see the big picture until you are older. Then you'll understand what the bright side is.

It was a chance for you to learn something. Top 10 is ok sure but at what cost and who cares besides yourself? You are young and won't see the big picture until you are older. Then you'll understand what the bright side is.

The bright side is it caused me to educate myself which allowed me to land great jobs that paid well. Otherwise id have been working manual labor and miserable working a 9-5. It allowed me to start business' and make $ and support my life the way i like and not have to slave under someone elses rule. The top 10 was fun and for me and got me exposure and credibility (as if it REALLY meant anything, great physique doesnt make u smart shitty one doesnt make u dumb but thats how fitness world sees it). Without bodybuilding my life would have been a lot less successful and fullfilling.

Just because YOU have regrets and things might not have gone 100% as you planned doesnt mean it cant work out great for others brother. You still didnt do too bad and make a living from the fitness world and have a name, so you cant say it was so bad to you. Some people do get enjoyment out of this and would rather spend money on competing than other hobbies like buying a boat, fishing rods, equipment etc that can also be pricey...or riding motorcycles that are costly and cost money for modifications and repairs....no hobbies are free so what you spend your money on and put yourself through is your own choices......

Phil your right but it seems like bodybuilding has taken you very far. Too powerful it seems as if bodybuilding will take you far as well but I think you are portraying in many of your posts that everyone needs to think the same way as you. Not to criticise or anything but that's just what I'm noticing.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Fear of success is a very real thing for many people. Its that committee in your head that says you cant, that its ok for others but I cant do what they do... training yourself to ignore that takes practice. Awareness of it is the first step.

Yes

Phil your right but it seems like bodybuilding has taken you very far. Too powerful it seems as if bodybuilding will take you far as well but I think you are portraying in many of your posts that everyone needs to think the same way as you. Not to criticise or anything but that's just what I'm noticing.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it has taken me far....I am so indebted to it. I just hate to see guys try to be " successful" in body building when they truly have no chance making money in this sport as a IFBB PRO. Others just like to hang around body builders and the sites and chat about it all day long and that's ok too, but you have a real life and have to make real money also at some point. I have 3 children and love them all dearly.........I am happily married...........in my book a great success. Body building is a hobby and until you get to the top of it, you wont understand it as you are so laser focused on attaining this carrot. All these guys don't really know as they are too young, too immature or too focused on trying to become something they never can attain.

I think some of you missed the point (at least the point IN MY OPINION, I could be wrong) ....especially Phil. How the hell did this turn into a drug topic?

I have seen many people sabotage their own efforts, I guess if you ONLY look at it like a bodybuilder you could come to that conclusion, but so many people are afraid of

A) being in the limelight and held to a higher standard due to their past successes

B) They fear that if they accomplish their current goal, they will feel slightly empty as their life has been dedicated to ONE thing (this is usually subconscious)

C) Not being able to re-create and live up the success

D) Being judged by others

I have seen it a lot in the music industry and also with small business owners, it's way easier to be the "Underdog" and people find a comfort in that...

Yes, it has taken me far....I am so indebted to it. I just hate to see guys try to be " successful" in body building when they truly have no chance making money in this sport as a IFBB PRO. Others just like to hang around body builders and the sites and chat about it all day long and that's ok too, but you have a real life and have to make real money also at some point. I have 3 children and love them all dearly.........I am happily married...........in my book a great success. Body building is a hobby and until you get to the top of it, you wont understand it as you are so laser focused on attaining this carrot. All these guys don't really know as they are too young, too immature or too focused on trying to become something they never can attain.
that's deep brother

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Well

I think some of you missed the point (at least the point IN MY OPINION, I could be wrong) ....especially Phil. How the hell did this turn into a drug topic?

I have seen many people sabotage their own efforts, I guess if you ONLY look at it like a bodybuilder you could come to that conclusion, but so many people are afraid of

A) being in the limelight and held to a higher standard due to their past successes

B) They fear that if they accomplish their current goal, they will feel slightly empty as their life has been dedicated to ONE thing (this is usually subconscious)

C) Not being able to re-create and live up the success

D) Being judged by others

I have seen it a lot in the music industry and also with small business owners, it's way easier to be the "Underdog" and people find a comfort in that...

I feel like you missed my point. By a long shot.........here is a bare ass plain as day example for you. You are on a body building site so I assume you are trying to compete correct? I assume you lift weights? Have you turned pro in the IFBB? I have. Do you make over six figures a year? I do. I also own 9 rental properties and they are all paid for. I own a supplement company and a training business. I have no debt.......I am 48 years old and quit cycling in 1998. My health is great and I have 3 children and am married. I think I know a bit about what success is.............my point is that its subjective............who cares if I won the USA at 29 years old or own 9 properties or make a lot of money as to what I used to? If you do ANYTHING ILLEGAL you are living on a house of cards.............it will ALL CRASH DOWN at any second...........ANY SECOND.......find out what success TRULY IS then you can figure out if you are scared or intimidated by it.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws