over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fedor figting at 10pm on Showtime

Hey, it happens to the best of us. His accomplishments will be talked about and remembered forever. From what I just read though, Coker stated that Fedor could be an alternate should he decide to delay his retirement.

First let me say I am/was a huge Fedor fan. When he (and M-1 Global) decided not to go to the UFC it was the biggest mistake of his life and the lack of competition over the years has cost him dearly as can be seen in his last two fights. With that said I was thinking about who Fedor fought over the years that made him so great and most of the people he fought were either past their prime or untested out side of their region of the world. I think his best fights as far as competition goes were, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by unanimous decision at PRIDE 25 (3/16/2003), Nogueira by unanimous decision again at PRIDE - Shockwave 2004 (12/31/2004), and MAYBE Mirko Filipovic by unanimous decision, PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 (8/28/2005) but CroCop is another one that couldn't stand with the UFC's best up and comers. The rest of the group Coleman, Randleman, Sylvia, all past their prime. Lindland had to go up two weight classes to fight him. Arlovski's best days are behind him, he's lost four in a row, and Rogers is new and very raw yet...No feather in the cap for that win. Then there was the "freaks" he fought, Choi & Zulu...enough said. So, from 2005 he hasn't really fought anybody worth a damn :( Here is his fight record Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com I really do hope he retires, his best days are behind him.

He needs to go down a weight class, Silva was just too damn big but that being said Fedor did last almost 5 minutes with that monster on top of him and did not get beat, dr stopped the fight.

Remember when Munson fought Tim Sylvia? Sylvia sucks but was such a big awkward dude that Munson could not do much with him.

230lbs is just too light, drop down a weight class, would love to see that.

First let me say I am/was a huge Fedor fan. When he (and M-1 Global) decided not to go to the UFC it was the biggest mistake of his life and the lack of competition over the years has cost him dearly as can be seen in his last two fights. With that said I was thinking about who Fedor fought over the years that made him so great and most of the people he fought were either past their prime or untested out side of their region of the world. I think his best fights as far as competition goes were, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by unanimous decision at PRIDE 25 (3/16/2003), Nogueira by unanimous decision again at PRIDE - Shockwave 2004 (12/31/2004), and MAYBE Mirko Filipovic by unanimous decision, PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 (8/28/2005) but CroCop is another one that couldn't stand with the UFC's best up and comers. The rest of the group Coleman, Randleman, Sylvia, all past their prime. Lindland had to go up two weight classes to fight him. Arlovski's best days are behind him, he's lost four in a row, and Rogers is new and very raw yet...No feather in the cap for that win. Then there was the "freaks" he fought, Choi & Zulu...enough said. So, from 2005 he hasn't really fought anybody worth a damn :( Here is his fight record Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com I really do hope he retires, his best days are behind him.

the big diff with cro cop and fedor is they are walkin in the ring clean in comparison to pride ..look at the differance with all the pride fighters that made the change..they were also not allowed to use all their tools..knees on the ground head kicks etc..the ufc has removed the danger they used to bring,ufc has become a safe sport like boxing ...its not scary anymore you cant get hurt ...

One, his management has shielded him from tough oppenents since 07. This is a huge issue.
Two, he should really be a light heavy weight. Should have been all along. He needs to drop all that fat and go to light heavy and he could still have a shot, but he is done at heavy.

He is a humble guy who has bad management.

IMO...Silva may have been declared the winner, but...he couldn't finish Fedor! Fedor fought him for the entire second round on his back (in full mount) and Silva could not KO or submit him...and by the end of the round Fedor had gained better positioning (at least no longer in the full mount), and was ready to continue into the third round!! Fedor's only mistake was letting Silva bull rush him at the beginning of the round.....

It had nothing to do with the size difference, Fedor is normally the smaller fighter in his fights...It had to do with him sticking to his game plan, stay off the mat and keep it standing, which he didn't...IMHO, Fedor was beaten for one round, not the fight...The doctor's stoppage of the fight was merely statistical...Gracie had taken worse beatings during his career and been aloud to continue and won...this fight should have been aloud to continue into the third round, this fight was far from over.....

IMO...Silva may have been declared the winner, but...he couldn't finish Fedor! Fedor fought him for the entire second round on his back (in full mount) and Silva could not KO or submit him...and by the end of the round Fedor had gained better positioning (at least no longer in the full mount), and was ready to continue into the third round!! Fedor's only mistake was letting Silva bull rush him at the beginning of the round.....

It had nothing to do with the size difference, Fedor is normally the smaller fighter in his fights...It had to do with him sticking to his game plan, stay off the mat and keep it standing, which he didn't...IMHO, Fedor was beaten for one round, not the fight...The doctor's stoppage of the fight was merely statistical...Gracie had taken worse beatings during his career and been aloud to continue and won...this fight should have been aloud to continue into the third round, this fight was far from over.....

I agree. Silva was dusted after the 2nd round, and I have to think Fedor would have came out with more in the tank. That's speculation of course. I thought it was a pre-mature stoppage as well, especially if you compare it to other fights we've seen over the years. Fedor didn't complain, but I think that may just be his nature. That being said, he'smade a lot more mistakes over these past few fights....not taking anything away from silva of course, he did what he was supposed to do, and implemented his game plan.

BMJ

Highlight of the NIGHT!!!

:love: I didn't know that RuPaul got a job commentating for StrikeForce. LMFAO!

Attachments

• 332e8879.jpg
    332e8879.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
One, his management has shielded him from tough oppenents since 07. This is a huge issue.
Two, he should really be a light heavy weight. Should have been all along. He needs to drop all that fat and go to light heavy and he could still have a shot, but he is done at heavy.

He is a humble guy who has bad management.

Well said. Your exactly right. FEDOR has made ALOT of money but as you say he was kept away from the guys who he should/could have been facing.

Fedor as of late has not been same fighter of say 5 years ago. Age caught up with him. He new not to step foot in the UFC and if ya ask me his management knew this. End of an era of the greatest fighter of his time. Reminds me of Mike Tyson. Dominant until the loss (Douglas) negated his preceived invincibility. Fedor will be rememberd as the greatest MMA heavyweight of his time. But his time is over. May see him fight again for a paycheck or two- but 2 losses in a row to mediocre opposition marks the end. Like Lidell, Ortiz, Silva, Roy Jones, Holifield. He may figt on but you will be seeing a shell of his former self. In his prime he was unbeatable. He may still be in the fringes of the top 10 currently but a far cry from being the most dominant fighter in the world. Now that Russian undefeated beast who creamed Arlovski may be the next superstar.

Anyone with a good current link, pm me if you could.
I've just read what's been said.

Anyone with a good current link, pm me if you could.
I've just read what's been said.

mmatko.com shows em typically day after fight and its legit(they pay for it) If posting link inappropriate i apologise in advance but they are legit and I figured members would want to see. Watch the Arlovski fight. A new superstar was made. Andre needs to retire ASAP before he dies. Kid who beat him wont lose. Not for a long long time. New Fedor. Even eerily looks like a young him.

Last edited:
Maybe he is past prime but, I believe Fedor could fight blind lol...look at the bombs silva tosses while on top that Fedor either blocks or deflects...Some were landed but it's nothing he hasn't exp. before...I would like a rematch but what ever...One eye, oh well.
I've seen worse continue as well, K1.

Ya I agree but he didnt seem to beig trying to make a legit case for himself to continue either. See Arlovsky get cranked? He gotta be done.

Maybe he is past prime but, I believe Fedor could fight blind lol...look at the bombs silva tosses while on top that Fedor either blocks or deflects...Some were landed but it's nothing he hasn't exp. before...I would like a rematch but what ever...One eye, oh well.
I've seen worse continue as well, K1.

Now that Russian undefeated beast who creamed Arlovski may be the next superstar.

Sergei Kharitonov is not undefeated and this is his 11th year in MMA. I became a fan of his when he defeated Murilo "Ninja" Rua in 2004. That was a good fight! Check out his record, he's defeated Werdum and Overeem (also lost one to Overeem). The rest of the tournament will be interesting.

Here is Kharitonov's record
Sergei Kharitonov MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

You are correct. My bad I must have heard wrong. It was loud here and I had a few light beers. But I still think he is a beast and his couple of losses hopefully he learned from. I stand corrected. I believe next fights in this tournie wont be till April:( Thanks for clarifying as I have never seen him fight. He either that good or Arlovsky is really washed up- but he (Andre) did look good on Bully Beatdown!
BTW do you see him as a favorite to win tournament or ya like Overeem? After looking at his record he has some solid wins. Im a fan.
He is understated as Fedor and I like that. Not flashy and wouldn't be surprised if they train together. Some tough as nails Russians out there. I wanna see Bret Rogers- if he was a fluke at 10-0 or the real deal. He got creamed as you know by Overeem and Fedor. What a punch that was by Fedor. The big brotha needs to step it up. Always wanted to see him whip Kimbo.This may b his last chance at glory. Thanks again I wanted to look him up in detail couldnt get his name right.

Sergei Kharitonov is not undefeated and this is his 11th year in MMA. I became a fan of his when he defeated Murilo "Ninja" Rua in 2004. That was a good fight! Check out his record, he's defeated Werdum and Overeem (also lost one to Overeem). The rest of the tournament will I w be interesting.

Here is Kharitonov's record
Sergei Kharitonov MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Last edited:
You are correct. My bad I must have heard wrong. It was loud here and I had a few light beers. But I still think he is a beast and his couple of losses hopefully he learned from. I stand corrected. I believe next fights in this tournie wont be till April:( Thanks for clarifying as I have never seen him fight. He either that good or Arlovsky is really washed up- but he (Andre) did look good on Bully Beatdown!
BTW do you see him as a favorite to win tournament or ya like Overeem? After looking at his record he has some solid wins. Im a fan.
He is understated as Fedor and I like that. Not flashy and wouldn't be surprised if they train together. Some tough as nails Russians out there. I wanna see Bret Rogers- if he was a fluke at 10-0 or the real deal. He got creamed as you know by Overeem and Fedor. What a punch that was by Fedor. The big brotha needs to step it up. Always wanted to see him whip Kimbo.This may b his last chance at glory. Thanks again I wanted to look him up in detail couldnt get his name right.

Hey Rhino, if it comes down to Kharitonov versus Overeem, I think Overeem will massacre him. Like I said, the two of them have fought twice before and each won one but Overeem has come a LONG way since then. Kharitonov is one of those guys who is always looking to land the big punch, which he can, so he's got a punchers chance in that fight but I think Overeem will win the tournament hands down. Kharitonov and Fedor used to train together but haven't in some time...Why? I don't know.

Just read that Scott Coker, Strikeforce CEO, is working on Fedor taking on the loser of the Werdum - Overeem fight.

Scott Coker Expects to Book Fedor vs. Overeem-Werdum Loser -- MMA Fighting

Personally, I think he can beat Werdum if he plays it smart and doesn't charge in blindly like he likes to do. As for Overeem, Fedor's best chance would be to take that fight to the ground and submit him. If he tries to stand with Overeem I think he'll get KO'd pretty quick.:(

Not saying this because of the fedor loss....but I wish they'd make a 225 or 235# class. Of course, somebody like Cain blows a hole right in my reasoning for wanting one, but I don't think anybody is on his level right now...imo.

Most of these guys are too big to enter a 205# class without losing too much in the cut, or they are too small to fight against guys much larger and equally as mobile, talented, and quick. The superheavies of today are good athletes and none of these slow heavy-one-punch hitters who tire after a round like they used to be. I think that needs to be taken into accountability.

I'd make it 225# to prevent those heavier guys from dropping down.

They could add in that class, then take out the 265# rule.....or is that mandatory by the commision?

If Fedor doesn't retire, I agree, he needs to get back in sooner, and not wait 6months to 1-2 years.

BMJ

That wouold be a good final- not sure if they are in same bracket though. And yes Overeem is a fucking beast as I believe he could beat maybe anyone in UFC. Certainly top 3 in the world. Cant wait....till April. Used to like Rogers till he was exposed. Man Fedor cranked him. Overeem demolished him.I now think of him as second tier- as he is. Kimbo and Rogers near same level. This tournament is interesting. But Overeem in his last couple of fights looks like a different fighter in a different league. On some shit for sure. He looked huge in interview. 20" arms soft. Beast.

Hey Rhino, if it comes down to Kharitonov versus Overeem, I think Overeem will massacre him. Like I said, the two of them have fought twice before and each won one but Overeem has come a LONG way since then. Kharitonov is one of those guys who is always looking to land the big punch, which he can, so he's got a punchers chance in that fight but I think Overeem will win the tournament hands down. Kharitonov and Fedor used to train together but haven't in some time...Why? I don't know.

Just read that Scott Coker, Strikeforce CEO, is working on Fedor taking on the loser of the Werdum - Overeem fight.

Scott Coker Expects to Book Fedor vs. Overeem-Werdum Loser -- MMA Fighting

Personally, I think he can beat Werdum if he plays it smart and doesn't charge in blindly like he likes to do. As for Overeem, Fedor's best chance would be to take that fight to the ground and submit him. If he tries to stand with Overeem I think he'll get KO'd pretty quick.:(

I saw acromegalic Antonio Silva here in Brazil in my gym last year.
I am 6'3 , 230 pd , and i look like a little child besides him.

That wouold be a good final- not sure if they are in same bracket though. And yes Overeem is a fucking beast as I believe he could beat maybe anyone in UFC. Certainly top 3 in the world. Cant wait....till April. Used to like Rogers till he was exposed. Man Fedor cranked him. Overeem demolished him.I now think of him as second tier- as he is. Kimbo and Rogers near same level. This tournament is interesting. But Overeem in his last couple of fights looks like a different fighter in a different league. On some shit for sure. He looked huge in interview. 20" arms soft. Beast.

overeem is pretty awesome, but i don't see him being able to hang with the tough wrestlers like carwin and cain (i leave brock out of here because it's pretty obvious he doesn't like getting hit and overeem hits hard). i would love to see him go to the ufc and fight some of their top guys but i don't think it would ever happen. a ufc/strikeforce combo card would be pretty great, but with dana white in charge i don't think it will occur anytime soon

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws