over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Feeling sick during training....intra?

GetSuperBig

Banned
I'm gonna have to stop my intra workout shake to see if that solves my issues

Feel sick towards end of session and all the way home and for a good hour after.

Sneeze all the time after I train....every time. By the time I've left gym and gone home I do a massive sneeze....can't just be a coincidence can it..

I've used them for ages and sometimes I'm fine but it's like 80% off the time now it's happening.

Sick of it tbh...I can't enjoy a training session cos I feel crappy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I was really interested in the whole "intra" thing after reading several threads about it......but this is my concern..... I prefer training on an empty stomach....just sip on BCAA's during...... was concerned that id feel like shit if I was drinking a whey shake intra..... whey just fucks me up and gets me all bloated

What are you using in your intra drink?

Some carb sources (especially waxy maize) give me a nasty upset stomach when I train. Switching to an HBCD product got rid of my issues.

Also, if you are going to include protein, it needs to be something very easily assimilated. I prefer Peptopro but a good hydrolyzed whey would work too. Otherwise I would skip the protein and just use BCAA and carbs.

One more thing - especially if you are using a lot of carbs/protein in there, you need to dilute it a lot. My intra drink is mixed in 2 liters of water each day.

I can't really comment on the sneezing. That's weird.

Not to be too disgusting, but I get within 5 minutes of having 30 grams hydrolyzed whey and 25 grams of HBCD I get major diarrhea. I’m going to experiment going back to Whey post training with the HBCD. I’ve done everything thinking that the HBCD was the culprit, too much or not enough water. I’ve used up to 40 grams (HBCD) when I first introduced the “intra” over a year ago. I had zero issues when I started this protocol, but over time I think the Hydrolyzed is the culprit. I use 1 liter of water and usually add more when I get half way through.

The Hydrolyzed may not be for everyone.

I was taking 40hbcd/30hydralized/20eaa pre and intra and it was to much and felt like shit.
Last week I toned it down to 30/20/10 and it seemed to hit the spot just right.

instead of making complicated, why not just drink Gatorade like every other pro athlete in the world does while they are performing? guys with 20mil a year contracts seem to think Gaotrade is fine for them when playing in front of the whole world, so its fine for me too...add some bcaas if you want...never felt anything like sick stomach or any of that stuff... the big gatorades are 2 for $3 and have ~55g of carbs plus electrolytes...

and I'm NOT saying the latest intra ingredients like the pepto pro, cyclic dextrin stuff isn't good... but if still having issues, id just keep it simple...

Last edited:
My TN blend is 70/30 hbcd to hydrolyzed casein.

30gm pre mixed with my pre-workout caffeine stuff
40gm intra with 10gm bcaa and 10gm creatine
10gm post with whole food (fish + rice)

Been doing this for a month or so. No digestion issues.

I'm gonna have to stop my intra workout shake to see if that solves my issues

Feel sick towards end of session and all the way home and for a good hour after.

Sneeze all the time after I train....every time. By the time I've left gym and gone home I do a massive sneeze....can't just be a coincidence can it..

I've used them for ages and sometimes I'm fine but it's like 80% off the time now it's happening.

Sick of it tbh...I can't enjoy a training session cos I feel crappy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What is in your intra? It may be a blood sugar issue and your dosing and timing may need to change. Or it could be ingredients...

I was really interested in the whole "intra" thing after reading several threads about it......but this is my concern..... I prefer training on an empty stomach....just sip on BCAA's during...... was concerned that id feel like shit if I was drinking a whey shake intra..... whey just fucks me up and gets me all bloated

Bro...that's why people in the know aren't drinking whey. That's some BS and you know better..

What are you using in your intra drink?

Some carb sources (especially waxy maize) give me a nasty upset stomach when I train. Switching to an HBCD product got rid of my issues.

Also, if you are going to include protein, it needs to be something very easily assimilated. I prefer Peptopro but a good hydrolyzed whey would work too. Otherwise I would skip the protein and just use BCAA and carbs.

One more thing - especially if you are using a lot of carbs/protein in there, you need to dilute it a lot. My intra drink is mixed in 2 liters of water each day.

I can't really comment on the sneezing. That's weird.

YUP.
75-100g Glycofuse
30-40g Peptopro
other goodies....
all in 1500-2000ml of water. Thats 48-64oz.

instead of making complicated, why not just drink Gatorade like every other pro athlete in the world does while they are performing? guys with 20mil a year contracts seem to think Gaotrade is fine for them when playing in front of the whole world, so its fine for me too...add some bcaas if you want...never felt anything like sick stomach or any of that stuff... the big gatorades are 2 for $3 and have ~55g of carbs plus electrolytes...

and I'm NOT saying the latest intra ingredients like the pepto pro, cyclic dextrin stuff isn't good... but if still having issues, id just keep it simple...

Peptopro and Glycofuse/HBCD will no doubt work if done correctly.

Gatorade at the end of the day is dextrose etc and when trying to get 75,100,150 carbs of that down, it isn't always comfortable. Just because athletes SIP gatorade on the sidelines doesn't mean it would always fit what we CRAZIES attempt to do.

Not to be too disgusting, but I get within 5 minutes of having 30 grams hydrolyzed whey and 25 grams of HBCD I get major diarrhea. I’m going to experiment going back to Whey post training with the HBCD. I’ve done everything thinking that the HBCD was the culprit, too much or not enough water. I’ve used up to 40 grams (HBCD) when I first introduced the “intra” over a year ago. I had zero issues when I started this protocol, but over time I think the Hydrolyzed is the culprit. I use 1 liter of water and usually add more when I get half way through.

The Hydrolyzed may not be for everyone.

No, WHEY might not be for everyone. ;)

I was taking 40hbcd/30hydralized/20eaa pre and intra and it was to much and felt like shit.
Last week I toned it down to 30/20/10 and it seemed to hit the spot just right.

I think Hydro Casein(or are you using hydro whey?) and EAA is making it complicated...aka throwing the kitchen sink at something. Both are good options ALONE.(except hydro whey which I don't think is optimal)

I agree with this actually. I don't think that dextrose is as good for intraworkout purposes as HBCD, but I do have many clients that I suggest Gatorade to when everything else seems to bother their stomach.

Dextrose/BCAA/Creatine has always been a pretty solid combination for bodybuilding purposes.

As flex and knight pointed out, it can be what you are using... It could be what you are using requires too much digestion and sits in your stomach too long. Use carbs that have faster gastric emptying (karboload, glycofuse, raw HBCDs) and an amino acid source that requires minimal digestive activity (pepto pro or an EAA/BCAA blend).

I could not stomach waxy maize. Made me sick every time used it and I would often have to stop and let my stomach settle midway through a session. I now use a blend of karboload and HBCDs and pepto pro with BCAA plus

Last edited:
Waxy Maize was a marketing ploy and a shit product that rode the science of Vitargo...for no reason because it wasn't Vitargo.

Waxy Maize was a marketing ploy and a shit product that rode the science of Vitargo...for no reason because it wasn't Vitargo.

Yes, my stomach felt its wrath

No, WHEY might not be for everyone. ;)

I think Hydro Casein(or are you using hydro whey?) and EAA is making it complicated...aka throwing the kitchen sink at something. Both are good options ALONE.(except hydro whey which I don't think is optimal)

I'm sorry, can't edit now. I have no idea why I typed that. Maybe from reading the posts it stuck in my head.
I use true nutrions cold filtered isolate whey.

I'm also taking insulin.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, can't edit now. I have no idea why I typed that. Maybe from reading the posts it stuck in my head.
I use true nutrional cold filtered isolate whey.

I'm also taking insulin.
For intra workout? What are you guys doing? You all should know better as whey protein requires digestion drawing blood away from muscles and can be quite uncomfortable in your stomach.

For intra workout? What are you guys doing? You all should know better as whey protein requires digestion drawing blood away from muscles and can be quite uncomfortable in your stomach.

PeptoPro seems to be the only logical thing to use for intra if one even bothers with intra. I don't because I have a shake half hour before work out...(which soon will have peptopro in it...order comes this week)...... My workout is 1.5hrs long...can't see putting more crap in my body being I'll be doing a post workout shake within 2 hrs of my pre workout shake. A few years back I did intra with Xtend and Vitargo...felt strong but also felt like shit and not good if trying to get ripped.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

So are you suggesting I not take in protein pre or intra while taking insulin PWO?
Everywhere I read for insulin protocols usually contain protein.

Answering that maybe off topic a but I'm curious. PM me if you think it's more appropriate.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws