over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Female bodybuilder suing for discrimination at the Arnold

Dude this from a master's champion?! Women look much better than men on average into their 50s and 60s in bodybuilding. Jealous much?

Time to step away?

Time to hang up the board shorts imo

Yeah that's right ..2X MASTERS OVERALL CHAMPION...

Jealous much? You're kidding right?? funny shit right there

if she wants to compete, just compete in Physique.... Im not saying for her to back away from the sport but shit go to a male 50+ BB event.... aint many..... women? gonna be even less.... like Francis stated there is NO DEMAND.....
I'm 48 and will compete for 1 or 2 more years tops..... why? cuz I'll only get on stage to be COMPETITIVE..... if I see my placing falling i'll step away....that simple.... every athlete at some point needs to face reality and know when its time to hang it up.....

Dude this from a master's champion?! Women look much better than men on average into their 50s and 60s in bodybuilding. Jealous much?

Time to step away?

Time to hang up the board shorts imo

dudes name is in red
amazing how no matter what anyone does to be successful, people turn it into a shit show and put it down
lebron james sucks too- hell, he didnt even play in college because he prob wasnt good enough

dudes name is in red
amazing how no matter what anyone does to be successful, people turn it into a shit show and put it down
lebron james sucks too- hell, he didnt even play in college because he prob wasnt good enough

All good brother.... I don't need respect from any keyboard commandos.... i just look at the source....

You ALSO as a PRO i'm sure have encountered this..... comes with the territory...

It’s not discrimination it’s called demand, there is no demand for it and it’s not a public entity. Nobody has any right to demand anything. If there was a dollar to be made from it then it would have been included. Stop trying to include yourself when nobody wants you....

That is right IMO. The IFBB dropped it years ago, and I didn't ever realize it until today.

I do think it is too bad she doesn't have a bodybuilding category to compete in, but that category had its time and it died out. It has been replaced by the newer categories that are more popular with the general public. The contests now are already very long, can you imagine if they added in another women's category? Don't some of these contests go until midnight or later?

If you look at the women's physique competitors from the past few year's Olympias they look like the bodybuilding stars just 10 or 20 years ago. They are pretty well developed. Probably just less drugs, but they train the same. From the lady's picture, it looks like she isn't built as well as the physique are. She could just compete with them.

That is right IMO. The IFBB dropped it years ago, and I didn't ever realize it until today.

I do think it is too bad she doesn't have a bodybuilding category to compete in, but that category had its time and it died out. It has been replaced by the newer categories that are more popular with the general public. The contests now are already very long, can you imagine if they added in another women's category? Don't some of these contests go until midnight or later?

If you look at the women's physique competitors from the past few year's Olympias they look like the bodybuilding stars just 10 or 20 years ago. They are pretty well developed. Probably just less drugs, but they train the same. From the lady's picture, it looks like she isn't built as well as the physique are. She could just compete with them.

Truth!

She could maybe win her class at a local NPC show in the 50+ class
but would get smoked in the open division.

She needs to just be a healthy lady who works out hard.
Forget about the stage!

-MT

Thought this was interesting ...

"Mandyck, 56, has performed exclusively in bodybuilding shows since she began her athletic career about three years ago."

She started training at 53?

"Mandyck, 56, has performed exclusively in bodybuilding shows since she began her athletic career about three years ago."

Yeah, I saw that too. Nothing wrong with that but she acts like it is her whole life.

I take this to mean she just started doing shows/contests 3 years ago. I'm sure she's been training longer than that.

so ridiculous... the entitlement on some people is just unreal

someone doing their show the way they want to is not discrimination, so absurd to feel entitled to OTHER PEOPLE creating a show that meets your exact ideal of "equality"

if you want a show like that, create it. total nonsense to bitch because someone else made a show based on what there was a market for and what they wanted to create.

create whatever you want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone (and i dont mean their feelings). but it is damn entitled to think anyone owes it to you to make THEIR show conform to YOUR standards

so ridiculous... the entitlement on some people is just unreal

someone doing their show the way they want to is not discrimination, so absurd to feel entitled to OTHER PEOPLE creating a show that meets your exact ideal of "equality"

if you want a show like that, create it. total nonsense to bitch because someone else made a show based on what there was a market for and what they wanted to create.

create whatever you want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone (and i dont mean their feelings). but it is damn entitled to think anyone owes it to you to make THEIR show conform to YOUR standards

Agreed. Utter madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, good for her for training hard, dieting, and having the courage to get on stage and compete...especially at 56! But I do agree that this lawsuit is insanity...for many of the reasons already posted. And out of curiosity, I went to the NPC MR./MS.Buffalo website to look around and based on the pics that are posted of the 2017 overall class winners, if she were in a lineup with the others, she would certainly have been beaten badly by the women's physique overall winner, the women's figure overall winner AND POSSIBLY even the bikini overall winner!!

That's some SJW bullshit. You can't force a private company to make a category that your particular body type fits into.
If there was any demand for female bodybuilding, then other private business would step in and set up shows. It's just that almost nobody wants to see that stuff.

I can see it now - next there will be a discrimination suit for a transgender division.
I can appreciate her having a passion and being frustrated, but as many have said you should not be able to force a private business to lose money. If she wants to try and revive women’s BB she has to do just like anyone else would have to do - and show that there is a demand for it.
The nonsense of “leveling the playing field” has gone so far off track that it’s bcoming the cause of dissension among groups of people.
It should be expected that people are not mistreated but forcing your ideas on others is exactly the wrong way to do it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-xMFNJrSk"]Scandal at the Arnold Classics 2018 - Female Bodybuilding - YouTube[/ame]

The case is laughable.

They had categories for women to compete in, so there is no discrimination. The organization is a business, free to do as they choose so long as nobody is excluded.

She chooses to exclude herself. Bodybuilding is not an identity, like gender or race. The categories were given long prior to the event. She can choose any category offered. Nobody declined her from these categories.

Women’s bodybuilding is the most extreme version SOLELY because of drugs. This might be the first court case where, realistically, the plaintiff is openly just saying “I want to use more drugs”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Women’s bodybuilding is the most extreme version SOLELY because of drugs. This might be the first court case where, realistically, the plaintiff is openly just saying “I want to use more drugs”.

That's not true, female bodybuilding has poses that no other division has. She might want to do bodybuilding poses like SC, FLS and RLS.

14b6hix.jpg

Womens Physique
Top 5 at the Olympia......is a women's bodybuilding class really necessary?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws