YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Femera and anti-Es - questions from IronMike...

IronMike

Moderator gone to a better place - R.I.P.
A question on mechanisms for anti-es...

I must admit, I am not overly well-knowledged on anti-es. For several reasons - for one, where I am from your choice is pretty limited. And second, I never had too much of a problem with sides or recovery. But I am starting to be precautionary these days and try and tune in to get the best results, not just some results.

Let's start with femera. I understand it works by preventing E conversion in the first place - is this correct? And therefore it has no use (or effectiveness immediately) when symptoms occur.

By what mechanism does it prevent the conversion to E and will it prevent E build-up for all kinds of cycles? Or does it work particularly well with some substances and not so well with others?

For instance, Xcelbeyond says femera is his anti-E of choice (correct me if I am wrong) - so what advantages has it had over others?

Questions questions I know, but I need to know more about these things. Thanks in advance guys n gals! IronMike

Answers are afer each question below:

IronMike said:
A question on mechanisms for anti-es...

I must admit, I am not overly well-knowledged on anti-es. For several reasons - for one, where I am from your choice is pretty limited. And second, I never had too much of a problem with sides or recovery. But I am starting to be precautionary these days and try and tune in to get the best results, not just some results.

Let's start with femera. I understand it works by preventing E conversion in the first place - is this correct? And therefore it has no use (or effectiveness immediately) when symptoms occur.

xcel: Correct - BUT, ryroid (where's that guy been?!?!) said that he actually had some "old" gyno go away after he first started takin it.

By what mechanism does it prevent the conversion to E and will it prevent E build-up for all kinds of cycles? Or does it work particularly well with some substances and not so well with others?

xcel: It's my understanding that it prevent testosterone (or test derivatives?) from aromatizing/converting to estrogen.

For instance, Xcelbeyond says femera is his anti-E of choice (correct me if I am wrong) - so what advantages has it had over others?

xcel: It substantially increases IGF-1 and seem to keep me drier - that's why I prefer it.

Questions questions I know, but I need to know more about these things. Thanks in advance guys n gals! IronMike

xcel

xcel

How about letrozole and what would the doseing ed or eod etc...

I believe that it depends on how much gear you're taking and your suseptibility to estrogen-related problems. I'm on 1g/wk test and other goodies and take 1/2 ED and I'm very suseptible to e-related gyno. I know of many that take 1/2 tab EOD and it works just fine.

Again, I really think it has to do with those two things mentioned above.

xcel

letrozole and femara are the same thing :)

Technically, they are called aromatase inhibitors. What they do is bind to the aromatase enzyme, making it unavailable for test to convert to estrogen. What we called anti-e's (clomid, nolvadex) were actually weak estrogens that bound to the receptor sites so the stronger estrogens couldn't bind there, and no tissue growth could occur.

wolverine said:
Technically, they are called aromatase inhibitors. What they do is bind to the aromatase enzyme, making it unavailable for test to convert to estrogen. What we called anti-e's (clomid, nolvadex) were actually weak estrogens that bound to the receptor sites so the stronger estrogens couldn't bind there, and no tissue growth could occur.
Much more eloquent than I stated. :) I can remember the information but seem to never remember "specific" terms.

xcel

?

Good info guys and xcel - thanks!

Interesting re RY's claim... I'd be interested to hear more about that but haven't seen him around lately either.

Thanks very much for the info so far.

How does it work to increase the IGF-1 levels and are these noticeable? I will be giving the femera a go this time around so will be looking to monitor the things brought up here. IronMike

I remember one of the Aromatize inhibitors actually disabled the enzyme completely, and another disabled it only for the life of the drug. I think it was Aromasin and Arimidex, respectively. I dont know which property Ferema has.

MikeS said:
I remember one of the Aromatize inhibitors actually disabled the enzyme completely, and another disabled it only for the life of the drug. I think it was Aromasin and Arimidex, respectively. I dont know which property Ferema has.

Yep, arimidex is considered a "reversible" inhibitor. When the drug wears off, the enzyme becomes available for conversion again. All others of th enew generation (like femera, I believe) are "irreversible".

I believe that it's Aromasin that blocks 100% of the aromatase enzyme as well as being somewhat irreversable. I have some on hand just in case any gyno tries to get out of hand - it's VERY expensive! I know ry has used it during a cycle and liked it - but he's got lots of money :D

xcel

Well! I have a big question. If Aromasin is causing irreversible actions towards the aromatase enzyme, then does this mean your body will stop conversion from test to DHT? I would think before i use it. Don't you need DHT? Also, even when you run Arimidex, there isn't any DHT in the body which is why some people are noticing a decrease in libido. The science behind this makes sense. I'm going to post a new thread about aromatase-inhibitors.

Rippedboy - wrong. I answer it in your other thread asking the same question. You really dont 'need' DHT, it has its advantages
and disadvantages, and the process that turns test to DHT can be eliminated by using Proscar/Propecia, which disables the 5AR enzyme. If you are not pressed about losing hair or arent genetically inclined, Id let the conversion to DHT occur. The prostate issue is overrated, and its being shown more and more that LOW than normal test/DHT levels are present in men with prostate problems. The advantages of DHT are excitation of nervous stimuli, and secondary sex characteristics (sex drive).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws