over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ferrets on steroids sold as dogs in Argentina

Dr. Noe

Registered
dog and a ferret.jpg

News media have at last confirmed the urban legend in which a person somewhere south of the border buys a lapdog, only to discover later that it is a large rodent. A retired man from Catamarca, Argentina, went to a market in Buenos Aires, and purchased what he believed to be two toy poodles, only to discover after getting home that they were ferrets, reports the Daily Mail.

The ferrets had been given steroids to make them appear larger and were groomed to look like fluffy white toy poodles. The small poodles usually sell for around $1000, and the man paid $150 for each of the large ferrets. He was not the only dog buyer duped however. Local news in Buenos Aires discovered a woman had been sold a ferret passed off as a chihuahua as well.

The Daily Mail provides useful tips on ferret characteristics: “When happy, ferrets may perform a routine known as the weasel war dance,” the Mail reports, “which is characterized by a series of hops and frenzied attempts to bump into things. This is often accompanied by a soft clucking noise called dooking. When upset ferrets make a hissing noise.”

I know this is not funny, but I can't help but laugh a little bit. I'm going to go to my local petsmart, buy some hamsters and see if I can morph them into yorkies and sell them at the farmers market.

Ferrets make great pets, they do not require cages, can be trained to use a litter box, and can even go on walks without a leash. My ferret used to walks through the wood with me, he would go after squirrels too, even chase them into their holes lol. He was a large unfixed male and had a HUGE mouth and teeth, when he yawned, his mouth was bigger than his entire head, fangs the size of a very large cat too lol.

Ferrets make great pets, they do not require cages, can be trained to use a litter box, and can even go on walks without a leash. My ferret used to walks through the wood with me, he would go after squirrels too, even chase them into their holes lol. He was a large unfixed male and had a HUGE mouth and teeth, when he yawned, his mouth was bigger than his entire head, fangs the size of a very large cat too lol.

whoa thats actually pretty badass sounding.

Are they mean? I knew someone who had 2 ferrets and he was always talking about them biting and tearing stuff up in the house.

all you need is to remove a certain gland though right so the don't smell like urine? My buddy has some ferrets and like you said the things were pretty awesome!

For what ever reason I just cant stop thinking of the blind ferret in "Along came Polly... always running into shit lol Personally Im not a fan of smaller pets, espec little lap dogs...I can have a mutual respect for cats for their independant sense and came and go when they please, except when they kill shit like rats or birds and leave it on the porch as "a gift" lol I think a ferret could be a considerable exception for a pet but in all, I love working/sport dogs, rotts, pits, labs, mastiffs, german/belgian shepherds (Malinois), etc one that I can wrestle around with, go for walks, other bonding etc... and know there is a dying allegiance when it comes to protecting me, our home and our family... frankly, and for how strange this may sound but when it comes to bonds and loyalty... when that kind of bond and loyalty when established by man and dog it is often times never duplicated elsewhere in life, between people etc... not saying its 100% but is pretty hard to come by

Last edited:
all you need is to remove a certain gland though right so the don't smell like urine? My buddy has some ferrets and like you said the things were pretty awesome!

they're lovely little pets but god damn they stink!

Are they mean? I knew someone who had 2 ferrets and he was always talking about them biting and tearing stuff up in the house.

Mine bit me once, sunk his teeth all the way into the palm of my hand. Never did it again though, I think I may have accidentally hurt him in some way? Dunno, we were playing and he just got really pissed. But I normally played with him a lot and let him bite me, he was usually super gentle. They are definitely more like cats than rodents.

The problem is they always neuter them when they remove the scent glands, and I don't believe in castrating animals. But he didn't smell very bad at all, just a musky scent, not like urine at all. I think the fact that he didn't live in a cage helped with this.

For what ever reason I just cant stop thinking of the blind ferret in "Along came Polly... always running into shit lol Personally Im not a fan of smaller pets, espec little lap dogs...I can have a mutual respect for cats for their independant sense and came and go when they please, except when they kill shit like rats or birds and leave it on the porch as "a gift" lol I think a ferret could be a considerable exception for a pet but in all, I love working/sport dogs, rotts, pits, labs, mastiffs, german/belgian shepherds (Malinois), etc one that I can wrestle around with, go for walks, other bonding etc... and know there is a dying allegiance when it comes to protecting me, our home and our family... frankly, and for how strange this may sound but when it comes to bonds and loyalty... when that kind of bond and loyalty when established by man and dog it is often times never duplicated elsewhere in life, between people etc... not saying its 100% but is pretty hard to come by

I wouldn't consider a dog a pet, I know some people do, but they aren't pets, they are companions, it's totally different. My ferret was my dog's pet also, he liked the little guy (large german shepard/wolf hybrid). They would even sleep together and play together, it was pretty cute. He was also an unfixed male and the kindest, gentlest dog you would ever meet.

Last edited:

My sister had one, he was friendly, but he liked to tear stuff up. Never bit anyone. He was kinda stinky though, he was fixed and all, but still stunk..

I should mention, there is a big problem with people buying ferrets, and then not wanting them later. It's a lot more than just a rat, so don't take the plunge unless you are committed to caring for it for it's lifetime. They live for 6-8 years.

Here is a good video showing how much personality ferrets have-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiNKr5hhs_Y"]The most amazing ferret video EVER!!! (Kiki Winklebottom) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

did you have a black tiger as well? because you're sounding like beastmaster right now.

i always wanted a black footed ferret. the ones that look like bandits.

OK Im just full of useless information so here goes. Cat's dont leave prey as a "gift". what theyre doing is basically saying "You're a terrible hunter who can not possibly provide for themselvs. Here practice on this one that I had to kill for you to show your ass what prey is. " It's what they do when theyre teaching their young to hunt.

did you have a black tiger as well? because you're sounding like beastmaster right now.

Two red tail boas, one that a grew from a newborn to about 8 feet in 3 years. I fed him every three days (normally people only feed them once a week or less). It took a lot of methodical work to get him to eat that frequently and not throw it up. It taught me some good lessons for bodybuilding lol. He was eating rabbits at the end before I gave him to a belly dancer whose snake died after 20 years (she was 60 years old an ex bodybuilder, she looked amazing). The snake was part of her act. He never once bit me, or even struck at me.

i always wanted a black footed ferret. the ones that look like bandits.

My was a blackfooted one with the mask, it was pretty cool.

OK Im just full of useless information so here goes. Cat's dont leave prey as a "gift". what theyre doing is basically saying "You're a terrible hunter who can not possibly provide for themselvs. Here practice on this one that I had to kill for you to show your ass what prey is. " It's what they do when theyre teaching their young to hunt.

Pretty sure when he brings just the face of a squirrel or just a single foot, he is presenting a trophy. It's common behavior, and hilarious.

I had a Ferret who used to "Steal" everything he got his hands on. Keys, Jewelry, Small cologne bottles. I found his hidden "Stash" under my bed oneday :p

Damn I want a ferret now to keep me company in the house. And I guess from the article we can be pinn pals jk.

I had a ferret once, he stole everything he could get his paws on and created a dragon's treasure hoard under our couch. Funny little shit he was.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws