advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ferritin numbers from past year - confused?

iron lifter

Registered
Newbies
Below are my ferritin numbers from the last year. I initially had a ferritin of 120 as charted below and than in Jan of this year i donated blood. after that they kept dropping as you can see. Now i rechecked it 2 days ago and its suddenly gone back up to 180. at no time did i take any IRON pills to boost it. I did however for the last month start taking b12 pills, would that alone have boosted the numbers that high?

i am going to recheck it again in 2 months and stop the b12 pills incase the blood work wasn't accurate.

1665160601922.png

The recent ferritin blood work also mentions that it was done on a new analyzer.
1665160816845.png

i am okay with the numbers, just wondering how they jumped so fast without iron pills. they were declining each month after donating than did a massive U turn so i am just asking for explanations.

but you have ferritin all the time in the normal range so what do you even care about ...?
Because it's not necessarily a good thing in light of the totality of the information.

OP: Did you get CRP tested? IT's not super well known but Ferritin elevation can be an inflammation marker.

And yes, that can mean that someone who is otherwise borderline or fully anemic can show Ferritin in the normal range during a period of high levels of inflammation.

After reading some posts here I stopped donating, my numbers are in range so no point, always thought AAS users should but don't want to risk tanking my ferretin. Another board I'm on they push donations all the time and if you want to do it more than 8 weeks do it at home. Sounds like darwinism to me

but you have ferritin all the time in the normal range so what do you even care about ...?
Normal ranges don't really mean much other than being in normal range, thats where doctors fail and why plenty of people have different issues or conditions that take years to solve. Optimal range is what's important and optimal for ferritin is above 70 and closer to 100.

To op, have you been sick/ill? That can drive ferritin up. Don't know why or how but my wife has had this happen and her ferritin was super high. Came down on its own within a couple months.

Normal ranges don't really mean much other than being in normal range, thats where doctors fail and why plenty of people have different issues or conditions that take years to solve. Optimal range is what's important and optimal for ferritin is above 70 and closer to 100.

To op, have you been sick/ill? That can drive ferritin up. Don't know why or how but my wife has had this happen and her ferritin was super high. Came down on its own within a couple months.
I'm not a doctor but I don't think I agree with this and I'd assume medical professionals don't either. That sounds almost like hypochondria. How would someone go about optimizing every potential number in their labs/blood work, etc? I don't think a doctor would assist so the only option would be self medication, endless frequent testing, etc

I'm not a doctor but I don't think I agree with this and I'd assume medical professionals don't either. That sounds almost like hypochondria. How would someone go about optimizing every potential number in their labs/blood work, etc? I don't think a doctor would assist so the only option would be self medication, endless frequent testing, etc
This is a bit strange coming from someone who creates new threads constantly obsessing over various bodybuilding minutia.

You guys over analyze shit sometimes. Are you having any symptoms/issues? If not, why stress over it if you are still in range? Just keep an eye on it in future bloodwork. Bloodwork is simply taking a snapshot of what is going on at a very particular moment. Markers fluctuate monthly, weekly, daily, and sometimes hour to hour and minute to minute. All you are seeing is an extremely brief glimpse as to what is going on. I’m all for getting routine bloodwork and tracking trends but come on. Y’all will stress out over the most minor detail, and that stress is likely more detrimental than whatever you marker you are “worried” about.

You guys over analyze shit sometimes. Are you having any symptoms/issues? If not, why stress over it if you are still in range? Just keep an eye on it in future bloodwork. Bloodwork is simply taking a snapshot of what is going on at a very particular moment. Markers fluctuate monthly, weekly, daily, and sometimes hour to hour and minute to minute. All you are seeing is an extremely brief glimpse as to what is going on. I’m all for getting routine bloodwork and tracking trends but come on. Y’all will stress out over the most minor detail, and that stress is likely more detrimental than whatever you marker you are “worried” about.
It's kinda funny how triggered everyone gets over someone asking a simple question about their bloodwork. How do you know he's "worried" rather than just curious.

I swear, so many people on this board just look at every thread as a chance to preach, even when it's barely relevant.

Definitely, I agree with you. I speaking to the idea a person actually has some sort of issue and that's why they got blood work. Why check ferritin levels if a person feels fine. There's things doctors won't even run bloodwork for without good reason. If I went to my doctor today and asked to check ferritin levels but also said I feel perfectly fine, most likely my doctor would deny my request. It's when one doesn't feel "right" but all bloodwork is in normal ranges that they should start looking into optimal ranges. If nothing gets flagged on labwork, doctors tend to ignore the results.

It's kinda funny how triggered everyone gets over someone asking a simple question about their bloodwork. How do you know he's "worried" rather than just curious.

I swear, so many people on this board just look at every thread as a chance to preach, even when it's barely relevant.
You sound triggered and you contradict your previous post.

To get back on topic for you, I'd think taking measures to get all your numbers in the upper end of range would be" minutia ' and a fools errand.

no sickness at all all is normal.

all i asked was why it went up so quickly despite no diet changes and no intake of iron piills. its a curious question that is all LOL.

you would expect this pattern from a vegan swiching to meat, or someone taking iron pills.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131