advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fibromyalgia - Any supplements that can help with this?

1ntense

Registered
Ive got a friend who suffers from this and thought this would be a good place to ask.

Does anyone suffer from this or know what supplements could aid with this condition?

Thanks in advance

My wife's step mother takes lyrica for her fibromyalgia nerve pain. Says it helps quite a bit.

Tell your buddy to look into the Paleo autoimmune protocol.

A good start would be to cut out all wheat, grains and dairy.

Much more effective than any supplement could ever be

one of my regulars has a wife with fibro, she is mostly better with all the sups she takes, she takes basically the same ones he does, info in the last pages of the veteran supplies thread in sponsor section.

whats fibromyalgia?

I bet in 50years we will be able to break it down a variety of different diseases both physical and mental but until that time we just give it that umbrella term. Is it "real" in every case. I guess one would have to define real. Since this is one time that "modern medicine" cant find a known cause and i dont have the slightest clue what it actually is ( likely a group of many things) id recommend diet modifications, supps, placebos, u name it.

Its so challenging to deal with fibromyalgia patients. They keep getting worked up expecting to find stuff but its negative 99% of the time but the fear of missing something real keeps causing unnecessary radiation and medical expenditures.

Also fibromyalgia is often the term given by doctors who dont know whats wrong and just want to give it a name to make the patient feel like that have a diagnosis. Make sure the doctor didnt give up too soon as ive known a few patients who were diagnosied with fibromyalgia at one point only to later find the cause later on.

This is one time ill definitively let the supp guys like LK and others deal with this as I have very very little to add.

"Also fibromyalgia is often the term given by doctors who dont know whats wrong and just want to give it a name to make the patient feel like that have a diagnosis. Make sure the doctor didnt give up too soon as ive known a few patients who were diagnosied with fibromyalgia at one point only to later find the cause later on."

So true. Had a PT client where it turned out to be Lyme disease. I had another where honestly I was concerned it was a mental health issue, not a physical one.

Ive got a friend who suffers from this and thought this would be a good place to ask.

Does anyone suffer from this or know what supplements could aid with this condition?

Thanks in advance

Talk to @cardealer !

whats fibromyalgia?

I bet in 50years we will be able to break it down a variety of different diseases both physical and mental but until that time we just give it that umbrella term. Is it "real" in every case. I guess one would have to define real. Since this is one time that "modern medicine" cant find a known cause and i dont have the slightest clue what it actually is ( likely a group of many things) id recommend diet modifications, supps, placebos, u name it.

Its so challenging to deal with fibromyalgia patients. They keep getting worked up expecting to find stuff but its negative 99% of the time but the fear of missing something real keeps causing unnecessary radiation and medical expenditures.

Also fibromyalgia is often the term given by doctors who dont know whats wrong and just want to give it a name to make the patient feel like that have a diagnosis. Make sure the doctor didnt give up too soon as ive known a few patients who were diagnosied with fibromyalgia at one point only to later find the cause later on.

This is one time ill definitively let the supp guys like LK and others deal with this as I have very very little to add.

all very true here.

modern western medicine loves that x+y=z approach but in so many of these vauge, general and misunderstood conditions it is not that way. life is often not that way. far too many variables in the real world, which is why drug therapy is not always the answer.

sups can do things that drugs cannot in many cases.

1.5 ius HGH daily,curc/res/SOD/Glut see veteran thread I have all input there.This has helped my wife more than anything the DRs tried.

Fibroplex by Metagenics. 4 pills a day, or until diarrhea. There is a deficiency in the Krebs cycle, where malic acid conversion is broken, so the ingredients here are magnesium and malic acid. Should see results in 2 weeks, if not 48 hours.

In addition, as mentioned above, as CD57 blood test will tell if its Lyme or black mold related, which can produce these symptoms. Lyrica and Neuronitn sometimes work by decreasing the limbic system (frontal brain connecting emotions to brain) Lastly check for Hashimoto antibodies.

Diatomaceous earth 1/2 tsp a day useful as internal cleanse, and there are pages of testimonials on it.

Lastly, a broken methylation detox system is often in place, so we run the MTHFR test. You will need Dr. to use Dx of high cholesterol to get it paid however. Around $300 from Labcorp.

my gf has it and competes npc

she swears by this stack

ostarine
mk677
anavar if needed 5mg per day
cissus quad herb

Fibroplex by Metagenics. 4 pills a day, or until diarrhea. There is a deficiency in the Krebs cycle, where malic acid conversion is broken, so the ingredients here are magnesium and malic acid. Should see results in 2 weeks, if not 48 hours.

In addition, as mentioned above, as CD57 blood test will tell if its Lyme or black mold related, which can produce these symptoms. Lyrica and Neuronitn sometimes work by decreasing the limbic system (frontal brain connecting emotions to brain) Lastly check for Hashimoto antibodies.

Diatomaceous earth 1/2 tsp a day useful as internal cleanse, and there are pages of testimonials on it.

Lastly, a broken methylation detox system is often in place, so we run the MTHFR test. You will need Dr. to use Dx of high cholesterol to get it paid however. Around $300 from Labcorp.

im going to order her this Fibroplex asap thank you

Thanks guys, I've given my friend a link to the thread.

Lots of useful info in here for him to check out

Thanks again

Sup bro, Got Fibro her secondary to Cipro toxicity.

Basically there are many different types.

I guess you could call one

Peripheral related. (muscles, tendons, ligs, etc)

and the other central (spine, brain-CNS)

If the person has "gain in function" signs like pain to touch, pain to temperatures like hot/cold, or other "sensing"problems then it most likley has a CNS aspect.

Peripheral can be helped with magnesium, taurine, CBD oil, and making sure electrolytes are good. Massage will also help to cure it.

Massage, spa, sauna cannot really cure CNS pain, (well maybe sauna with other things). CNS(Fibro) pain is usually "gain in function" related.

Gain In Function (GiF) can be caused by hyperactivity in Spine and Brain.

Hyper activity can be caused by a loss in peripheral signals from small nerve fibers thus the body increases the signal to make up for the small fiber loss leading to Central pain syndrome like hyperaglesia and Fibromyalgia.

Some studies have shown that B12, b6 and methylfolate over many months helped to increase "small nerve fiber density"

Red light from the sun, Laser, and LED has also been shown to regrow small fiber nerves and increase nerve fiber density in most areas of the body. I believe it also lowers "substance P", a pain inducing neuropeptide.

Current western medicine says "NO cure" for CNS pain and offers crap like gabapentin or old anti-depressants. But there MAY be a way to cure some CNS pain.

Autophagy can be induced protein restriction or ketogenesis, a keto diet. Autophagy is said to take ramp up in the nervous system during these times. By combining cyclical times of ramped up autophagy and activities such as exersize and sauna that increase NGF, bDNF with supplements that increase choline, and DHA I believe the best environment for healing CNS pain would be created.

I am still working on my Keto diet, then I will time sauna and supplements.

Good Luck to your friend.

I think its more of a mental health disorder and from the stress and anxiety triggers nerve pain. I really think its a somatoform disorder.

Almost everyone I ever came across that has Fibro has a co-existing mental health diagnoses.

I think poor diet plays a role along with the stress and anxiety all coniscie with each other and in term may impact the mitochondria to a degree with Fibro too.

Get mental health addressed whether its stress or anxiety and get on good diet plan and there will be no Fibro.

I think its more of a mental health disorder and from the stress and anxiety triggers nerve pain. I really think its a somatoform disorder.

Almost everyone I ever came across that has Fibro has a co-existing mental health diagnoses.

I think poor diet plays a role along with the stress and anxiety all coniscie with each other and in term may impact the mitochondria to a degree with Fibro too.

Get mental health addressed whether its stress or anxiety and get on good diet plan and there will be no Fibro.

So says every arrogant, ignorant, puffed up Dr. that encounters something he/she doesn't understand, "psy·cho·so·mat·ic"

Fu*K those Drs.

Central pain syndrome, central sensitization, and Complex pain syndromes are very real and VERY physiological. Just because a Dr doesn't have the tools to quantify it doesn't mean it's all in a person's head.

Last edited:
So says every arrogant, ignorant, puffed up Dr. that encounters something he/she doesn't understand, "psy·cho·so·mat·ic"

Fu*K those Drs.

Central pain syndrome, central sensitization, and Complex pain syndromes are very real and VERY physiological. Just because a Dr doesn't have the tools to quantify it doesn't mean it's all in a person's head.

I did a research paper on it. I didn't say the pain wasn't real I said based on my research its a combination of things along with coexisting unaddressed mental stress/ anxiety the creates a pain cycle syndrome.

Unaddressed stress and anxiety can change Mitochondrial-related gene expression over time, which causes real pain and syndromes such as fibro.

address what's causing the stress im not saying take psychotropics, take supplements to address mitochondrial dysfunction and get on a good diet as insulin resistance issues will all contribute to the cycle by contributing to mitochondrial dysfunction from what research I gathered.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236